Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

FPS. What FPS do you get?

Yep, performance is not a problem anymore. I have steady 30 locked fps on FSDT CYVR, which is realy better then NGX

NGX performs quite a bit better for me.  Quite disappointing to be honest considering all the talk of it running considerably better.

First of all hello everybody :)

I've been reading this forum for quite some time now as a source of knowledge concerning plenty of FSX issues.

Long awaited PMDG's 777 made me finally speak up as it turned out as kind of a disappointment to me. I am one of the unlucky few who experience loss of 10 FPS when cursor is in VC. At the moment I'm locked at 30 FPS and get them most of the time with NGX. I'll try unlocking FPS first thing in the morning and perhaps the loss won't be that palpable. 

Together with the results of the test I'll publish my hardware specs to make everything clear, no worries :) 

Talk to you soon!

I would say using external limiter might help as well. I am playing around with that right now, and so far so good.

Don't you guys forget, that NGX has already 3 SPs. I think the 777 will become at least as sophisticating as the 737 is right now after one or two Service Packs. I got answer from the support, concerning my sound stutter issue. It is already know and being fixed in SP1. I tried a defrag, and this nearly solved all stutter problems and lets the outside model load a lot faster.

I think, the installer messed everything around the HDD ;)

I would say using external limiter might help as well. I am playing around with that right now, and so far so good.

I use nVidia Inspector locked on 30 FPS. Changed it to 40 FPS but forgot to disable vsync tweak so... on the ground and airborn i get steady 30 FPS EXCEPT mouse cursor issue. 

I tested , installing a X Fi Titanium instead the onboard Realtek , and the improvement in fps was almost  inexistent (sound quality is another thing). This morning i did the 15 FPS trick in PFD an ND display and BOOM, the improvement is really noticeable and fantastic. BTW, I didn´t miss anything with this change.

The only complain comes with that second when switching views   and the ac shows the skeleton; it´s a second but is annoynig. Seems that there´s no cure for it. It´s a shame.

Other tan that the ac is absolutely a gem to fly. Congrats to PMDG for this adition.

Regards.

Miquel Egea.

Don't you guys forget, that NGX has already 3 SPs. I think the 777 will become at least as sophisticating as the 737 is right now after one or two Service Packs. I got answer from the support, concerning my sound stutter issue. It is already know and being fixed in SP1. I tried a defrag, and this nearly solved all stutter problems and lets the outside model load a lot faster.

I think, the installer messed everything around the HDD ;)

I agree,

I think now it's out they will really hone in on the performance issues and we all have to remember that this is release candidate. Like the NGX i am sure they are going to sort them out :) 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Weird, setting the FPS of the displays did nothing to my frames, am I missing something?

Aamir Thacker

Alright... this is strange. I hope I can get some feedback from other users or from PMDG. I feel like I do have a decent PC to run FSX with 777 locked at 30fps inside virtual cockpit even over large cities. 

My current configuration is Intel Core i7 2600K clocked at 4.3Ghz, Nvidia GTX580 1.5GB, 16GB RAM at 1600mhz and FSX running on SSD drive.  

I mostly fly in Europe so I have UTX Europe and GEX Europe installed and Active Sky 2012 textures for airports. That's all. 

I'm getting around 17-22fps sitting on a runway at London Heathrow (w/ default scenery) with an external limiter (seems to work the best). The thing is I don't want to lower the display settings (and autogen..) that much because I feel like my computer should handle this (or am I really wrong?). Fresh install of FSX, no air traffic, cars at 10%, texture max load at 1024px, LOD default, clouds render at 80mi, 777 cockpit gauges set to 15fps. Yet can't lock at 30fps in VC over cities in Europe with default scenery. I don't know what's going on... 

Yeah. I'm little bummed about my first ever PMDG plane. :unsure: There is no way I can take this bird on VATSIM with this performance after playing offline with 0 air traffic and getting these frames. 

I'd appreciate any insight or help. Thanks is advance community!  ^_^

Alright... this is strange. I hope I can get some feedback from other users or from PMDG. I feel like I do have a decent PC to run FSX with 777 locked at 30fps inside virtual cockpit even over large cities. 

My current configuration is Intel Core i7 2600K clocked at 4.3Ghz, Nvidia GTX580 1.5GB, 16GB RAM at 1600mhz and FSX running on SSD drive.  

I mostly fly in Europe so I have UTX Europe and GEX Europe installed and Active Sky 2012 textures for airports. That's all. 

I'm getting around 17-22fps sitting on a runway at London Heathrow (w/ default scenery) with an external limiter (seems to work the best). The thing is I don't want to lower the display settings (and autogen..) that much because I feel like my computer should handle this (or am I really wrong?). Fresh install of FSX, no air traffic, cars at 10%, texture max load at 1024px, LOD default, clouds render at 80mi, 777 cockpit gauges set to 15fps. Yet can't lock at 30fps in VC over cities in Europe with default scenery. I don't know what's going on... 

Yeah. I'm little bummed about my first ever PMDG plane. :unsure: There is no way I can take this bird on VATSIM with this performance after playing offline with 0 air traffic and getting these frames. 

I'd appreciate any insight or help. Thanks is advance community!  ^_^

Are you running BufferPools=0 in your fsx.CFG, it is essential to have BufferPools disabled, you'll get 30-50% more FPS.

Add this

[bUFFERPOOLS]

PoolSize=0

Are you running BufferPools=0 in your fsx.CFG, it is essential to have BufferPools disabled, you'll get 30-50% more FPS.

Add this

[bUFFERPOOLS]

PoolSize=0

Ok so I did not have PoolSize in my fsx.cfg. I did couple tests now and here are the results: 

My CFG tweaks: 

[bufferPools]
PoolSize=0

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

[Display]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=300

WideViewAspect=True

[TERRAIN]

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=200

Everything else is default... 

Internal limiter is set to "unlimited".

Nvidia Inspector set to 8xS and locking 30fps as per the AVSIM PMDG guide here. ( http://bit.ly/WjOsCi )

FSX scenery: 

K2s4aHL.jpg?1

All in virtual cockpit: 

(GEX Europe, UTX Europe, Active Sky textures, default scenery, 1920x1080x32bit)

a) Heathrow EGLL on RWY27R: 22-24fps

a) 1000 to 3000ft above the ground: 23-26fps (with a drops to 19fps sometimes)

a) Approaching default Heathrow airport and landing: 15-19fps

Locked at 30fps in outside view for the most part... 

If you have an idea what I'm doing wrong please let me know.. or if you have more tips to get this up to 30fps locked (I'm getting close) for my PC configuration I'd be seriously happy and it would make my week!

Thanks again! 

Ok so I did not have PoolSize in my fsx.cfg. I did couple tests now and here are the results: 

My CFG tweaks: 

[bufferPools]
PoolSize=0

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

[Display]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=300

WideViewAspect=True

[TERRAIN]

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=200

Everything else is default... 

Nvidia Inspector set to 8xS and locking 30fps as per the AVSIM PMDG guide here. ( http://bit.ly/WjOsCi )

FSX scenery: 

K2s4aHL.jpg?1

All in virtual cockpit: 

(GEX Europe, UTX Europe, Active Sky textures, default scenery, 1920x1080x32bit)

a) Heathrow EGLL on RWY27R: 22-24fps

a) 1000 to 3000ft above the ground: 23-26fps (with a drops to 19fps sometimes)

a) Approaching default Heathrow airport and landing: 15-19fps

Locked at 30fps in outside view for the most part... 

If you have an idea what I'm doing wrong please let me know.. or if you have more tips to get this up to 30fps locked (I'm getting close) for my PC configuration I'd be seriously happy and it would make my week!

Thanks again! 

Just to confirm whether this setting is actually working properly, delete the whole [bUFFERPOOLS] section including PoolSize=0, then save. Try the same tests and see if FPS is now lower (it should now be around 30% lower). If it is lower, than something else is going on, if it's the same, the tweak is probably set at the wrong position inside your fsx.CFG

For the rest your settings look fine, however, that TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT seems wrong to me. Set to 40, according to Word Not Allowed's tweaking and my own experiences, there's no need to set it to anything else than that.

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL, that setting is completely wrong. It should be around 3000 or 4500 as far as I can remember but this setting is not even required in your fsx.CFG! Try deleting this setting along with the other MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL. You would expect lower settings mean more FPS, and I suspect that is the case but it could - I repeat it could be - that such a low setting will have some sort of an opposite. effect.

Using the internal limiter will also drop your FPS.

Don't use lightbloom.

Disable all AI traffic for now if you haven't already done that so I can compare your performance to mine.

Disable your NVIDIA Inspector profile for now and use AA, and see if that changes anything.

Whatever you do, only change ONE setting at a time so you identify the cause of the problem.

I am getting low FPS on ground with 777..Tested all settings ,cfgs etc.. Hope there will be a fix in upcoming version.

1y329d.jpg

I am getting low FPS on ground with 777..Tested all settings ,cfgs etc.. Hope there will be a fix in upcoming version.

Have you adjusted the ND and PFD refresh rates to 15?

Made a huge difference to me. I was on the runway at EGBB yesterday at 50 FPS.

Do defrag as well. And also make sure your AV is set to exclude FSX.