Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

FPS. What FPS do you get?

Hi Have the 777 and use the 1/2 vertical sync tweak. I am noticing that external view it stays at pretty much 30 FPS. But in the VC it can drop to about 22-23. This is using EGLL and OMDB, it is very strange and I have changed the refresh rate within the FMC but seem to still get stutters. Its not the FPS I am worried about its the stuttering.

Kind Regards Chris Harwood.

Overall I reconfirm what I have already said in other posts: the T7 is just slightly worse than the NGX on FPS (and the mouse pointer issue has more impact on it than it has on NGX) but it is still very well flyable under all conditions.

Regards

I think this is very system specific.

The mouse cursor frame rate drop is the same in the 777 as the NGX for me. Yes it is significant, but not really an issue for mew as I have high frame rate to begin with. And to be honest, the cursor is only on the screen briefly.

Hi Have the 777 and use the 1/2 vertical sync tweak. I am noticing that external view it stays at pretty much 30 FPS. But in the VC it can drop to about 22-23. This is using EGLL and OMDB, it is very strange and I have changed the refresh rate within the FMC but seem to still get stutters. Its not the FPS I am worried about its the stuttering.

Kind Regards Chris Harwood.

Then try without the1/2 vertical sync tweak.

I don't use this setting at all, and have a smooth high frame rate experience.

Always worth revisiting old ideas and determining for yourself if the conventional wisdom is still wisdom at all.

I have a 120htz monitor, I did try the 1/4 refresh rate setting, and didn't like it. I much prefer flying with "sensible" slider settings. No hyper detailed payware scenery add-ons, and thus very high frame rate.

I have changed the refresh rate within the FMC but seem to still get stutters.

Make sure you set  to 15... for BOTH the standard PFD/ND and the pop up. Some are not setting the pop up refresh rate to 15, and achieving no frame rate increase. You must do both. You will be entering 15 four times, not twice.

Wow that's awesome to hear!  

Similar system as mine.  That doesn't sound attractive to me, but it's hard to tell from what you're saying.  Can you post your fsx.cfg?  I'd also like to know the rest of the relevant configuration settings such as:

1.  Cloud bit depth?

2.  VC zoom factor?

3.  Mouse cursor visible or not?

4.  AA settings in your graphics driver

5.  What is the 'Teens'?  19?  13?

Thanks in advance.  I'd like to jump in but won't tolerate poor performance.  I can down-adjust settings in FSX some as well.

As you can see my system is a bit weaker than yours yet I get very good frames. The only thing I am not maxed out is autogen and cloud draw distance. If you run "4096" graphics settings and use REX 4096 clouds, no matter which computer you have, you wont be able to battle that. Plus for me the big thing is scenery and not clouds (yes clouds are realistic but it aint a biggie). My clouds are set to 1024 and I am pretty happy with those.

As you can see my system is a bit weaker than yours yet I get very good frames. The only thing I am not maxed out is autogen and cloud draw distance. If you run "4096" graphics settings and use REX 4096 clouds, no matter which computer you have, you wont be able to battle that. Plus for me the big thing is scenery and not clouds (yes clouds are realistic but it aint a biggie). My clouds are set to 1024 and I am pretty happy with those.

Good to know.  I have a system w/ lots of high detail scenery in places where I often fly.  But the T7 I can use for routes w/ less complex scenery and probably do well from what most folks are saying.  That's fine I'm enjoying flying in new parts of the world now that I have FTXG.  I think I better go for it!  I retired the PMDG747 so it will be good to get another heavy :O)

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

A lot of what you are describing is conventional FSX behaviour, and nothing to do with the 777 itself.

At cruise, if you have either a) weather shifts, B) clouds loading, c) terrain loading, d) MFDs/PFDs updating with new VORs, e) traffic being generated (in the air, or on the ground -- fly over a big lake and if you have boats up at all.... boom! they're being processed as you get near them! even though you never see them, ditto cars, and airport ground services) below you...... you're going to get an FPS hit. 

If you have any other Windows processes running, and there are myriads of them, having nothing to do with FSX, whether you turn most of them off or not (AV, check for updates from various installed softwares or Windows itself, refresh of DNS server/IPconfig renew, etc. etc.)... they're going to contend with the CPU and RAM and HD for access and then.... FSP hit.

Once upon approach, and landing, you're near higher-density scenery, whether you've installed 3rd-party scenery or not (try this near default KJFK at rush hour with and without air and ground traffic at various settings), and it's going to load in, while the HD seeks and loads the textures, and geometry.  FPS hit.  Addition of lights at night time? FPS hit.

On the ground, if you're looking around, whether in the cockpit or not, you're rotating the scene view (some call it scenegraph view) and everything within the horizon of where you are looking -- everything, static and active -- is being swapped in and out of memory to refresh the view with the relevant textures and geometry to represent the angle of view you are looking at.  If you zoom in and out, to a lesser extent.... same thing.  FPS hit.  If you are taxiing on the ground, you are rotating that entire scenery with every turn on the taxiway, and different sets of stuff -- AI, geometry, textures, traffic, ground vehicles, landing and departing aircraft, taxiing aircraft within a certain range, landing aircraft lights turning on, etc. -- are going to have to be swapped in and out, and rendered.  It's not all kept in-memory at the same time, it couldn't be.

If you have anything like TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD or LOD Radius set to anything other than default, you're compounding the amount of all of the above that has to be rendered.  If you have FXAA turned on, and NVidia Inspector set to bypass other settings, you're asking your video card to re-render all of the above twice, or more, for optimization.  Similarly with all the other sampling optimizations. In real-time.

So, yeah..... FPS hits come from all sorts of places. :) Always been true of FSX.

While i appreciate all your explanations, I must say that is was unnecessary as we all (including myself) know about those problems. I think a lot of information are being thrown around here and miscommunications and failure to grasp the point has become inevitable. 

Correct me if i am wrong but a lot of people who are having problems here (including myself) is trying to fix this fps issue, not because of failure to realize that heavy add ons affect the fps, but actually because we are seeing more fps hit in the 777 compared to other add on especially the NGX and the reason people are trying to figure this out is because the T7 was claimed to be more performance friendlier than the NGX. Others (including myself) are failing to see this and that's why we are struggling. For example as i mentioned above:

1. i set the fps to 15 in fmc as suggested. Failed to see any drastic performance improvements.

2. we understand that the mouse hovering thing causes performance hit and that's is down to FSX behavior. Fair enough. But others (including myself) are  not seeing this hit at all on NGX or other add ons. Its effect is however really strong on the T7. If it was happening to the other add ons too then fair enough but it isn't and that's why we are on, page 13, still trying to figure it out.

3. Myself, and i and i am sure a few more people, are seeing an effect on the ground too. I have tweaked and T7 has become better but for some reason every time when i land and the wheel touches the ground then fps hit (5-10fps) becomes very obvious including while taxi to the gate. I had one flight where the same thing happened during flight also for a while. While i understand about your explanation about other stuff loadings etc etc, i don't see it happening to NGX or other add ons in worst, if not same, conditions. Hence that's why we are here figuring out what the hell is going on.

I am not blaming PMDG or anything. It's a release candidate as mentioned and i am sure SPs will come and things will be better. But until then we just have to try figure out what's going on. We have to be realistic with the performance we get due to our set ups etc and have to understand that FSX was poorly coded also. I agree with that but having said that we shouldn't have to accept these poor performances with the T7 also when all other add ons and NGX are doing fine and better. I mean why should we when it is supposed to be more performance friendly than the NGX right?

Once again not blaming PMDG. I love their products and I am positive SPs will fix them. We are all just clueless and frustrated (initially) i guess to not know what's going on and have to spend more times tweaking rather than getting to enjoy this bloddy amazing T7 100%  :P

Cheers

Swadeep

I have found a temporary solution for the mouse issue.

In your upper left corner of the screen you will see a white dot, if you will try to put the mouse there and pull the dot it will increase in size, just like you will resize a window on desktop. I have increase the size of the dot just enough to put my mouse arrow there when i'm not using it. This prevents the mouse bug and FPS are 30's again!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

I have found a temporary solution for the mouse issue.

In your upper left corner of the screen you will see a white dot, if you will try to put the mouse there and pull the dot it will increase in size, just like you will resize a window on desktop. I have increase the size of the dot just enough to put my mouse arrow there when i'm not using it. This prevents the mouse bug and FPS are 30's again!

You don't need to increase the size of the dot....you just need to put the mouse cursor out of the screen in the upper left corner and you have the same result....

True, the FPS rise up again, but you need anyway to use the mouse in VC so you will always have the problem whenever you make the cursor visible again...

Hope this can be resolved at some point in time...

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

It isn't just the mouse cursor, even without it present and at default scenery the 777 performs worse than the NGX or any other aircraft on my library.

Followed Word Not Allowed tweak guide and NI settings perfectly smooth with everything locked at 30 with 1/2 vsync.

The 777 with displays all set to 15 in the FMC setting and still seems to perform worse and in doing so creates stutters - changing to low res cockpit by unticking the box on the FSX aircraft menu doesn't do anything noticeable.

My question is that maybe the performance cost is due to the FBW technology working out with flight simulator OR a debug code of some sort ?? Just an idea... As no matter where I fly I get the same results based on using exact conditions with other a/c compared with the 777.

I have tried both a fresh cfg, a ******* tweak tool cfg and Word Not Allowed cfg (which works best with rest of my ac) and similar results in that 777 performs worse.

Ryan Taylor

The 777 with displays all set to 15 in the FMC setting and still seems to perform worse and in doing so creates stutters

Try to set the display refresh rate to unlimited as well as FPS unlimited....no FPS limiter, neither external nor internal.....the 1/2 Vsync on a 60htz monitor should keep a 30 fps limit fairly stable. Don't use this with display refresh rate other than unlimited because it will induce stutters (don't ask me why....!) 

On my system, this is by far the best combination (as well as for the NGX) for FPS and smoothness.

Maybe it is just a case (FSX is a crazy beast..!!) but it is worth a try...

Good luck..!

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

So this is something in general I've wondered about for awhile.  Referencing Nvidia drivers and settings.

If you set their Vsync on, 1/2 Adaptive, that's basically the same as setting FPS limiter inside FSX at 30.  Correct?

So: is there any kind of potential interaction with setting both?  In other words, _either_ frame-limit by using those Vsync settings in Nvidia settings, _or_ set 30 in FSX?  But not both?

Steven

Try turning off the Hi Def 3D cockpit setting in the FSX-Aircraft settings. You probably won't notice the difference, and you'll get a BIG performance boost!!!

Oh man!! You are my ANGEL, thank you SOOOO much!! I have never ever think to try that option ever, you my friend, just changed my FSX!!!!! I have 30FPS min 28FPS anyware. No quality lost, or I can't see a quality lost, with that option set OFF.

NGX, 777 both 30FPS!!!!!!!!! 

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

just got the T7 last night and initial performance seems on par with the NGX. Loaded both up at KSFO with 360 traffic, REX, and FTX Global. Airline traffic set at 55 %. Have not adjusted the PFD,ND refresh rates. Sitting stable at around 22-25 FPS. Took off headed over Oakland at 10,000 ft, the FPS counter is in the high 30's to low 40's. The NGX is almost the same, perhaps a tick or two higher. Will do more tests and adjust the refresh rate. Initial impressions are good though. Regards

Oh man!! You are my ANGEL, thank you SOOOO much!! I have never ever think to try that option ever, you my friend, just changed my FSX!!!!! I have 30FPS min 28FPS anyware. No quality lost, or I can't see a quality lost, with that option set OFF.

NGX, 777 both 30FPS!!!!!!!!! 

Will definitely try this as well. Regards

Got my hands on it today and it´s aweful! I mean it looks perfect and certailny handels that way but performance wise it´s crap at the moment. I am used to run the NGX in and out of every airport no matter how dense the scenery and ai traffic (I am an huge lover of ai planes flying arround) was in frames of the mid and high twenties (had the FPS limited on 30 and it was very smooth, even on some occassions when it got in the middle 10´s).

BUT then 777 is sowhere near this! I set up an test flight on the ground of Boeing Field in Seattle (settings were the same as always) and got a shockingly 2-3 FPS! After tuning down all settings I got a merely 7 FPS with a hell a lot of shuttering all over the place. So there´s somthing to be wrong.

I belive that my system is more than capable of taking on the 777 in good looking scenery, come on, I say an 4,5 GHz quad-core and a reasonably good GTX 560 (even an higher clocked one) with the OS on SSD and a fully defragmented HDD should be more than suffice to get at least 25-ish frames!

Looks like this gonna be a hard night to get the frames right on the spot...