Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

FPS. What FPS do you get?

That's my case too, i think this is somehow sounds related - i had this before, stutter on sound initialisation, touchdown sound in this case... Strange, but with FSX, impossible is nothing! :lol:

Now, this may be not PMDG related thing... I googled about the problem and i found a lot of posible issues and solutions, i'm trying to fix it. It may be system related, driver etc...

Please keep us up to date! I don't have this Problem with any other plane ( including NGX)

Frames on Approach and Landing are Good ( around 25 FPS)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Disabling RAAS did not help.

Oh, I already had my FSX lockup where it just wouldn't respond anymore (application hang), haven't had that since my old system.

Man, FSX is getting too old, it just can't handle these complex things.

Or, PMDG should now seriously consider developing the plane outside of FSX like Majestic did.

I love the plane so far though. Engine response is too my liking by default (very quick), VC is phenomenal, sounds are phenomenal too. 

I hope in any Service Packs in the future, they will address issues that are found and hopefully performance will increase as well. I would already be very happy if it was on par with the NGX.

Please keep us up to date! I don't have this Problem with any other plane ( including NGX)

Frames on Approach and Landing are Good ( around 25 FPS)

Well, just landed and no stutters anymore. Must check again later, becouse i landed on airport with no too much fps hit(Fly Tampa LOWW), just to be sure. I did one thing, like i said before - defrag.

I use HDD for FSX, becouse of my addon scenery size. I have 1TB western digital caviar black, but WD or not - HDD should be defragmented after new addon installation, in my opinion. It's much smoother now and no stutter on landing. 

There is something else, i don't like that fps fluctuation - it just drops from 30 to 26,27, 28 for a second, but enough not to be steady. This happens even in cruise, which never happens with NGX, MD11 and Maddog.

I will fly later to some more fps hungry airport and report back

This is exactly my case. Especialy microstutter on Touchdown is pretty annoying.

Frames overall are a bit less than the NGX.

A microstutter on touchdown, in any aircraft, is likely to be caused by an audio issue.

High quality, larger, longer playing audio files (as you're likely to find in the PMDG) can cause a stutter if you don't have a dedicated soundcard, and are relying on on-board sound (and therefore your CPU) to generate audio.

I never ever see 'stutters' or pauses on touchdown in any aircraft and never have, and I believe that is because I use a very high quality (audio production standard) digidesign external audio interface... so my PC's CPU does not perform the DA conversion (digital to analog) as it just exports the 'numbers' (digital audio) and the external box turns it into sound.   :smile:

Are you using an after-market sound card (eg... soundblaster live etc) ?

If not, I would recommend all simmers who don't have a sound card to pick one up - they are a fraction of the cost of a graphics card.

Going to try a defrag tomorrow morning, been getting around 19-21 FPS with it at UK2000's EGKK..
Not expected, especially with a 3770K @ 4.6 and a GTX780 :/

Aamir Thacker

A microstutter on touchdown, in any aircraft, is likely to be caused by an audio issue.

High quality, larger, longer playing audio files (as you're likely to find in the PMDG) can cause a stutter if you don't have a dedicated soundcard, and are relying on on-board sound (and therefore your CPU) to generate audio.

I never ever see 'stutters' or pauses on touchdown in any aircraft and never have, and I believe that is because I use a very high quality (audio production standard) digidesign external audio interface... so my PC's CPU does not perform the DA conversion (digital to analog) as it just exports the 'numbers' (digital audio) and the external box turns it into sound.   :smile:

If not, I would recommend all simmers who don't have a sound card to pick one up - they are a fraction of the cost of a graphics card.

Hi, I am going to install my "old"  X Fi Titanium. I´ll let you know. I think that is sound related, too...but you never know.

Best.

Miquel Egea.

Ditch the tweaks (except for HIGHMEMFIX=1), realize that AutoGen and AI Traffic (all) create problems, and get rid of them.

Part of the fun of flying an airliner is seeing lots of AI traffic at the airports that you visit. Where is the fun in landing at a version of EGLL Heathrow that is completely empty??

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm finding it considerably harder on the frames than the NGX - running a Titan GPU alongside a 4.8GHZ 3970x so no slouch. Will keep tweaking but worried I've been spoiled by the Q400 perhaps.

Hi guys I don't know if this will make any difference

but ive reinstalled FSUIPC  and now even with MSE

turned on im getting the same performance as I did

in the NGX. It may not same for everyone but it definitely

has worked for me, its worth a try.

Regards.

So far for me this has been a disappointment. The external model performs well but in the VC I'm happy if the FPS bumps up to 10! In the NGX I normally get around 20, so my system isn't exactly high end to begin with but it's worked well with the NGX, MD11 and JS41. This time however the sim is performing at a level which isn't satisfactory for flight, which is a real real shame :(

So far for me this has been a disappointment. The external model performs well but in the VC I'm happy if the FPS bumps up to 10! In the NGX I normally get around 20, so my system isn't exactly high end to begin with but it's worked well with the NGX, MD11 and JS41. This time however the sim is performing at a level which isn't satisfactory for flight, which is a real real shame :(

Thats the same with me ,im getting good external FPS but not inside the VC, dont know why we are getting this, i thought there were less items in the 777 than the NGX.

Chris Harwood

Thats the same with me ,im getting good external FPS but not inside the VC, dont know why we are getting this, i thought there were less items in the 777 than the NGX.

Chris Harwood

Indeed, I've now ventured down the road of trying to re-twek my fsx but so far it's nto going well. I went back to a clean .cfg file, the trike gave me 3 FPS! Just shows how much tweaking FSX needs to work relatively well...

A microstutter on touchdown, in any aircraft, is likely to be caused by an audio issue.

High quality, larger, longer playing audio files (as you're likely to find in the PMDG) can cause a stutter if you don't have a dedicated soundcard, and are relying on on-board sound (and therefore your CPU) to generate audio.

I never ever see 'stutters' or pauses on touchdown in any aircraft and never have, and I believe that is because I use a very high quality (audio production standard) digidesign external audio interface... so my PC's CPU does not perform the DA conversion (digital to analog) as it just exports the 'numbers' (digital audio) and the external box turns it into sound. :smile:

I use an SB Audigy Soundcard, not the newest but Never had any issues with it in FSX nor anywhere Else. The Card is selected in the PMDG options as Default Sound device, so i doubt there is any onboard Sound involved.

My HDD ist defraged on a regualar Basis.

Frames are okay so far, Arrondissement 25 FPS Even on Add on Aiports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD