Sign in to follow this  
navymmw

Watch your brakes!

Not sure if anyone has noticed this before, but you can overheat your brakes in the 777 and it brings your aircraft to a stop. They are red hot as well. Nice touch!

Ha yea I was doing a bit of training and I did an aborted take off. I slammed the engines in reverse and slammed the brakes. I guess I either locked the brakes up or blew a tire because even at full throttle she wouldn't budge and the brakes were glowing red.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Do two RTOs in quick succession and see what happens.

Then try to taxi to the gate... :lol:

• Upvote 1

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Not sure if anyone has noticed this before, but you can overheat your brakes in the 777 and it brings your aircraft to a stop. They are red hot as well. Nice touch!

If anyone saw the previews and/or Kyle's previews, they'd have seen it. But as Mark said, try doing two RTOs back to back and then try taxiing.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Ha yea I was doing a bit of training and I did an aborted take off. I slammed the engines in reverse and slammed the brakes. I guess I either locked the brakes up or blew a tire because even at full throttle she wouldn't budge and the brakes were glowing red.

You shouldn't be able to lock the wheels under normal conditions since the aircraft is fitted with an anti-skid system (similar to your car's ABS).

If your brakes were glowing red, most likely the overheat plugs melted away to deflate your tires. This is a feature to stop the tires from bursting when overheated.

Yeah ill take 6 of the red hot doughnuts you got on the shelf please.lol

Gotta love the attention to detail. Makes the long development time worth the wait. Cant wait to get mine!!!

Did you look at the gear synoptic? What's that, check out the manual. :-)

What do you mean with RTO's?

What is it? The autobrake?

"Rejected Take Off", it's the autobrake setting armed in case of a mishap occuring prior to 'V1' whilst departing down the runway.

Read up on RTO's:  FCTM pages 3.21 through 3.26

Brake Cooling Schedule, 777 equipped with GE90's:  FCOMv1 P.I. 12.29

Got red brakes??  Introduction 0.00.38

Hope ya didn't mind Kyle :lol:

Chris Sunseri

Hope ya didn't mind Kyle

Your response was a lot more helpful than mine would've been...  :P

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Yesterday I did a "quick" approach to an airport and touched down at 250 knots - couldn't slow the airplane down and descent enough even will spoilers fully extended. Not a problem, just slam on the brakes! The plane feels just like slamming the brakes of the car while going 55 mph. Hoah - nice job! I got the airplane stopped with at least 2000 ft of runway left. Now let me taxi. Ops it's not moving. Why? Oh, Brake Temp and Tire Pressure warnings? Then I switch to the spot plane view with a surprise to my tires :O

Your response was a lot more helpful than mine would've been...  :P

I noticed the glowing red tyres dont appear anymore in P3D V3.1. Was this intended or is it a bug?

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I noticed the glowing red tyres dont appear anymore in P3D V3.1. Was this intended or is it a bug?

Not the tyres - those would be the brakes.

Have you rejected a takeoff or two to drive the temps up?

Kyle Rodgers

Not the tyres - those would be the brakes.

Have you rejected a takeoff or two to drive the temps up?

Yup! I do two RTOs at max weight until the plane wont move and the gear synoptic is orange and I get 10.0 break heat, but funnily enough No red brakes

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg