Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Tutorial Video - Tutorial 1

Just one question,what I dont understand is why they have you slowing down so early. 20nm out?  ATC would be freaking as far as I know because it backs everything up.

... and that would be their own fault for not being on the ball with speed restrictions  :wink:

... and that would be their own fault for not being on the ball with speed restrictions  :wink:

Its not really about speed restrictions at that point. Its probably off the STAR already. On Base and final the speeds are upheld to higher speeds because of traffic behind. I cant imagine a KLAX with a bunch lined up doing only 170 20 miles out. Even YVR which is less busy has them doing 170 to the marker. You as the pilot just gotta be on the ball to prepare to slow down quick at the appropriate time. If your configured properly, its not a real problem. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Understood. Sorry. Didnt want to complicate things.

No prob - I'll release another video will all of that later.  Being a controller on VATSIM and having my own experience in ATC, I have quite a lot of info to dump on the community  :wink:

thanks very much Kyle great video .

Thanks Michael!

Nice one Kyle.

Thanks Bill!

... and that would be their own fault for not being on the ball with speed restrictions 

There weren't any after the 230 limit, I don't think.  (Sad how quickly I dump that info - then again, since I don't fly there ever, I guess it's not too bad.)  As such, the normal procedure is to keep the speed up as long as possible, unless you're certain there's nobody behind you.

Kyle Rodgers

Many thanks for the tutorial Kyle.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Many thanks for your excellent tutorial, Kyle.

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Many thanks for the tutorial Kyle.

Many thanks for your excellent tutorial, Kyle.

You're welcome! Thanks guys!

Kyle Rodgers

Well done Kyle.

I appreciate your time and effort on this video and your Beta videos.

Will you be doing a PFPX video too in the near future?

I appreciate your time and effort on this video and your Beta videos.

Nice tutorial Kyle, thanks!

Thanks guys!

Will you be doing a PFPX video too in the near future?

I'm working on a solid understanding of the product first.  I did my first flights with it yesterday, but there's still some knowledge I want to pin down before making something people may refer to as "correct."

There's too much trash out there on YouTube where people give people the "correct" way of doing things, when it couldn't be further from the truth.  I try to avoid that.  I can't stand it when people don't give the reason why behind things (which is probably why my videos are do [darned] long...haha).

Kyle Rodgers

It's really nice of you to do this Kyle and we all appreciate it for your time and effort but, is there any chance of an 'HD' version please as my ole eyes have a job to see the definition on my 27" monitor?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thanks Kyle.  Excellent presentation.  I won't be able to get the T7 for a while yet, but fascinated to see your tutorial on my next big (for me) purchase. 

BTW, your accent sounds fine to me - and I'm English.

:im Not Worthy:  :england-flag:  :clapping:

Very informative video.  I appreciated the intermission but where were the ice creams? :P

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thanks guys!

I'm working on a solid understanding of the product first. I did my first flights with it yesterday, but there's still some knowledge I want to pin down before making something people may refer to as "correct."

There's too much trash out there on YouTube where people give people the "correct" way of doing things, when it couldn't be further from the truth. I try to avoid that. I can't stand it when people don't give the reason why behind things (which is probably why my videos are do [darned] long...haha).

Ok Kyle, thanks for that.

Also when you do, any chance doing a flight from EGKK- KMCO, my favourite BA route, to include NAT planning with ETOPS, equal time points?

Thanks

Thanks Kyle.  Excellent presentation.

Thanks!

BTW, your accent sounds fine to me - and I'm English.

I guess I don't appreciate it as to me it's just "normal." haha - thanks!

Very informative video.  I appreciated the intermission but where were the ice creams?

haha - thanks Kevin.  Glad someone caught that!

Also when you do, any chance doing a flight from EGKK- KMCO, my favourite BA route, to include NAT planning with ETOPS, equal time points?

Sure.  I'll see what I can do.

Kyle Rodgers