Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Tutorial Video - Tutorial 1

It's really nice of you to do this Kyle and we all appreciate it for your time and effort but, is there any chance of an 'HD' version please as my ole eyes have a job to see the definition on my 27" monitor?

It's already in HD.  Click the gear and select 1080p.  It may blur from time to time, but that's because my poor computer can't handle the sim plus the video capture tool when I look around too much.  Maybe if we start a gaming computer fund for me, I can get up to Froogle quality (joking).  That is a goal of mine, however.

Excelent tutorial Kyle.
Thanks!

Thanks Gregory!

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the video, could you make a proper cold & dark start up tutorial?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

check  aoa   one  done  by nick is  quite  good as well,  sure  that kyle  can top it of  course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tAJ4qz_BYw#t=1183

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

His video is way too long, I just need a basic cold and dark tutorial and don't need descriptions of every single button.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

there always  the cold  and  dark start procedure in the tutorial 1, also in the fcom as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

His video is way too long, I just need a basic cold and dark tutorial and don't need descriptions of every single button.

Ain't ya just gotta love such gratitude.  Don't like it - don't watch it :P

seriously Kyle, thanks a bunch mate.  The combination of the great T7 from PMDG, and such detaled vids from folk such as your good self, reigites my love of flight simming.

If not his, you most certainly have my gratitude.

Thanks for the video, could you make a proper cold & dark start up tutorial?

There's a written version at the end of the tutorial document, and if you watched the video, you'll note that I mentioned I'd add that to the tutorial #2 video.

Unfortunately, the C/D process, in and of itself, is a long process.  There's a huge simism out there where simmers believe that it's some normal thing, and it's not.  I get that there's a challenge associated with it, but in a plane like the 777 (at least in the passenger carrying realm) you're just not going to see it very often.

Kyle Rodgers

Ain't ya just gotta love such gratitude.  Don't like it - don't watch it

I think he was referring to Chris's vid more than mine, but he could be referring to mine...they're not exactly short trips through the aircraft.

seriously Kyle, thanks a bunch mate.  The combination of the great T7 from PMDG, and such detaled vids from folk such as your good self, reigites my love of flight simming.

Thanks Phil!

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle  I watched you vid  and noticed on when you used  the Auto cruise  part of  the cruise  is  that when you used  the chr  button it stayed  at 4x speed, when I do  that  is  changes from 4x  to 2x  to 1x  and  back again. The only  way I  can keep it  at 4x  is if  I  just right click on the button on the cdu button itself.  So  I must be  doing  some thing  wrong or  am iam missing  some thing  here?

Peter kelberg

So  I must be  doing  some thing  wrong or  am iam missing  some thing  here?

It will throttle itself based on what the system can handle.  From what I understand both buttons invoke the same thing, so it was probably a coincidence.  The whole reason they didn't offer compression in the past was that the systems didn't like it very much.  In order to come to a compromise, they added in a throttling feature.  If the systems are going down the tubes because of time compression, it'll dial it back.

That's all I can really say about it, though.  As it's a feature I won't likely utilize often, I haven't researched it further.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle  I watched you vid  and noticed on when you used  the Auto cruise  part of  the cruise  is  that when you used  the chr  button it stayed  at 4x speed, when I do  that  is  changes from 4x  to 2x  to 1x  and  back again. The only  way I  can keep it  at 4x  is if  I  just right click on the button on the cdu button itself.  So  I must be  doing  some thing  wrong or  am iam missing  some thing  here?

This behavior is absolutely normal. Since is an AUTO-Cruise tool, it will manage itself the time compression, gettin' back to 1x when the airplane have to make turns. Also need to set the 1x value to let FSX build the images in the case of some non-so-friendly frame rates airport addons. You can read more info in the Auto-Cruise section included on Tutorial 1

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

Ah  thx  for  the info 

Peter kelberg

Maybe a stupid one. But when I watched the AoA cold and dark video I noticed that the power ground connection is available when switching on the battery. When I do this I don't have ground power. So I have to start my APU and then use the FMC to give the ground crew a order to connect power. So if someone knows a solution you could help me out. At EHAM (Amsterdam) it isn't allowed to use the APU due to noise restrictions. So to make it as real as it gest I want to start the bird without APU.

Martin Maaskant

ALT326

Visit www.altairva.com

Found it the panel state Long Turn does that trick not Cold and Dark

Martin Maaskant

ALT326

Visit www.altairva.com