Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Tutorial Video - Tutorial 1

I found that middle mouse button does not work if mouse view is activated in EZCA if you use that.

Thanks Fabo.

Right - yeah, EZCA uses the middle click for its own thing.  I think you can disable this in the EZCA settings (I just got EZCA though, so I could be wrong - I'm by no means a knowledgeable source on it).

Kyle Rodgers

hi kyle  I have a issue with the tiller it does not seem to function is there a able switch for it in the ops center

thank you,and are you working on the 2nd tutorial.

Michael R Carangelo

I have a issue with the tiller it does not seem to function is there a able switch for it in the ops center

It uses the rudder, as mentioned in one of my other videos.  You can assign a tiller function through FSUIPC if you want this.

and are you working on the 2nd tutorial.

Ryan writes it.  I just made the video.

Kyle Rodgers

Why is in the tutorial the ETOPS 120 rule applied allthough 777s are certified even to the 330 rule? 

Airline certification.

The plane can be certified up to 330, but it's expensive to do that, and most routes don't require that, so they save money and maintain it at a lower rating, applicable to the routes they fly.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

This is a tutorial on how to get the aircraft to do what you want to do - not on the more complex issues of complying with ATC.  I'll do another tutorial on all of that.

Kyle, I'm really looking forward to your tutorial that deals with the finer points of ATC and how they relate to operations.  Until recently, I had followed all published STARs faithfully to the T, and slowed down to VAPP right at 2000 AGL mark, when I drop the landing gear.   But due to recent threads with reports from real life controllers/pilots, analysis of the tracks flown by the real aircraft via CASPER or Flightaware, and by paying more attention to the notes in most airport arrival charts, I have learned that one must add some variation to the headings flown and speeds used because in real life traffic has to comply with ATC demands to optimize the flow of traffic.   

I only fly real world routes from Flightaware, and with access to the Google maps file that tracks the flights, I know ahead of time what shortcuts ATC will grant so I make sure to add some made up vectors or fly direct between STAR waypoints if necessary to be more realistic.   And I often fly 170-180kts to the 5 DME from touchdown point, sometimes 160kts as I have seen in lots of Indian and European airport charts.   

It's fun picking up so much knowledge from folks like yourself, and your 777 videos are a real gift to us, whether we fly the 777 or not, because just about all of the ATC related commentary is applicable to anyone who flies the FSX tubeliners.   Your work even gives AOA a run for their money!

It's fun picking up so much knowledge from folks like yourself, and your 777 videos are a real gift to us, whether we fly the 777 or not, because just about all of the ATC related commentary is applicable to anyone who flies the FSX tubeliners.   Your work even gives AOA a run for their money!

Thanks AJ!  Definitely not as professional-looking as others, but I'm hoping the content makes up for that.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you for the video.

I never have had problems getting off the ground but getting back I frequently was either 'too high too fast' or too slow and struggling to get to the threshold or simply put my passengers necks through their backsides slamming the aircraft down on the runway. 

This video showed me where I was going wrong and last evening I was able to get the T7 down at the aim point with hardly a shudder.

May not be as professional but definitely within my wallet access :P and a keeper for me. Will be viewed regularly.

This video showed me where I was going wrong and last evening I was able to get the T7 down at the aim point with hardly a shudder.

May not be as professional but definitely within my wallet access  and a keeper for me. Will be viewed regularly.

Glad it helped!  Thanks Andy!

Kyle Rodgers

Great video. Very helpful. I understand now how the T7 works.

(I like these smileys)

Great video. Very helpful. I understand now how the T7 work

Thank you for the video!

Thanks guys!

Kyle Rodgers

MAybe the wrong forum, but -

Quick question - I have been flying the 777 around the patch a bit to get the feel for it, and finally decided to do the tutorial. HOWEVER - my 777 was set to load up C&D, and this ain't what the tutorial wants. So I went back to try and set it up for the default load state "Default" and it isn't there. I have CLDDRK, LONG, SHORT and two states that I set up for different liveries. IS there any way to recover the default start-up state?

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg