Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Tutorial Video - Tutorial 1

IS there any way to recover the default start-up state?

Press delete and then select the default panel entry.  That might kill it.  I've never tried.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

Where can I get this tutorial you are talking about reading?  There were no manuals or anything with my download; only a couple readme files.

thanks.  Kerry

if your talking  about the t7   open up your operation centre which you got  when you downloaded  the t7,  click the t7  tab  and all the information is  in here

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have just bought the 777 and I'm working my way through the printed tutorial and Kyle's video tutorial side by side. I have reached top-of-climb and I have one question so far. In the video, the autopilot is engaged at about 900ft, which is sort of what I would expect, but the printed tutorial doesn't engage the autopilot until the airspeed stabilises at 250kts, which occurs at about 4000 ft.

What would be the rationale for waiting until 250 kts?

Dugald Walker

What would be the rationale for waiting until 250 kts?

I engaged it ASAP so I could concentrate more on rambling on about whatever I happened to be rambling on at that point, honestly.  Additionally, my yoke is pretty loud and creaky when I move it, and I had a hot mic.

As far as waiting until 250 knots, that's something that would be related to an SOP, which would vary based on the operator.  My guess would be that it's related to having the aircraft in trim at the speed the AP would be taking it up to anyway.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Kyle, following your tutorial I cannot move the checklist item to the Captains side and also right click doesen't click dual switches. (I'm not using EZCA now).  Any help please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

For checklist - make sure you select captains side display on the v-shaped line connected buttons. Left light must show. Then you select checklist and it should appear on captains side.

Hey Kyle, following your tutorial I cannot move the checklist item to the Captains side and also right click doesen't click dual switches. (I'm not using EZCA now).  Any help please?

This is a little different from Fabo's method but it will accomplish two things at once. Press ENG button to remove to remove N2, FF, etc from lower EICAS. Press L INBD button. Rotate knob below ND to EICAS position. Press ENG button again. Rotate knob to MFD. Now you have the lower EICAS info combined upper EICAS. Press CHKL button and the checklist is on the Captain's side. If you want to switch the checklist back to the lower EICAS rotate the knob to NAV and press CHKL.

Page 47-53 of the Introduction manual covers the mouse and switches. If you could point out a specific switch, I will try to right click on this end and see how it goes.

Thanks guys. :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Kyle, watched the video a number of times after reading the Introduction and Tutorial One Manual. Both are very well done. Reading the manual along with your video and took a lot of notes. Had a successful first flight. Thank You

Kyle, watched the video a number of times after reading the Introduction and Tutorial One Manual. Both are very well done. Reading the manual along with your video and took a lot of notes. Had a successful first flight. Thank You

You're welcome! Thanks for watching!

Kyle Rodgers

Do the second tutorial

Good idea. I had actually planned on having a video uploaded and ready to go as soon as RSR posted the update with the link to Tutorial #1.5. Unfortunately, all of this was going on around the holidays, so I was running around in crazy circles through the new year, and then departed for Europe on the very IAD-MUC flight that the tutorial uses a week later. Now that I'm back, and on US time I'll take another crack at it.

Also, posts are required to be signed with your first and last name here. Please do so in the future. Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

I still think you covered the most important aspects of operating the SUPERB 777 on the 1.5 Tutorial. 

The tutorials, as well as the DOCs that come with any PMDG products are self-contained IMO, and provide users with all of the info, and actually a lot more, than we need to use the add-ons, but for me, there is really nothing like a well done video.

That's why I keep watching your videos! They're also GREAT, and very helpful. I still can't have the NGX installed on FSX-SE, but I believe sooner or latter a compatible installer will become available. In the meanwhile I just bought the -300 extension for my 777 200 LR - it's actually the first time I buy an aircraft extension from PMDG or any other supplier of MSFS add-ons, but I couldn't resist because this aircraft is simply AMAZING, and I stare at the Emirates 777-300 whenever it takes off from LPPT :-) - just watched one of your videos, with the LR, while the installer download was going on :-)

My biggest problem, with PMDG's 777 and Aerowinx's PSX is that I really do no have the time for those really long-haul flights ( and I am maniac about leaving the computer ON for a whole night, while I am asleep, consuming energy that would better be used somewhere else with better profit... but that's mee...), and although both platforms offer time compression, I would rather prefer doing the whole flight, so, I keep taking the 777 and the 744 on short Madrid - Lisbon, or at most Lisbon - London / Paris flights...

Thank you, BTW, for that excellent explanation / tutorial about the relationship between our hardware throttles and PMDG's sophisticated A/T modelling ! Really mandatory seeing !

Keep your excellent work / support Kyle !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...