Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Tutorial Video - Tutorial 1

Good idea. I had actually planned on having a video uploaded and ready to go as soon as RSR posted the update with the link to Tutorial #1.5. Unfortunately, all of this was going on around the holidays, so I was running around in crazy circles through the new year, and then departed for Europe on the very IAD-MUC flight that the tutorial uses a week later. Now that I'm back, and on US time I'll take another crack at it.

Hey, Kyle, while I'm oh, so patiently waiting on Tutorial #2, where can I find this Tutorial #1.5 mentioned here? I'm going looking for it right now, but any guidance/hint would be beneficial.  Hope to see #2 soon. Go do that voodoo that you do so well! :P

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hey, Kyle, while I'm oh, so patiently waiting on Tutorial #2, where can I find this Tutorial #1.5 mentioned here? I'm going looking for it right now, but any guidance/hint would be beneficial.  Hope to see #2 soon. Go do that voodoo that you do so well!

Gary - the tutorial (#1.5) is here: http://precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/docs.html

First link. Enjoy!

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks, Kyle! I'm on it.  That'll keep me busy until #2 comes out.  Don't know what I've done, but FSX has never worked better, and I'm flying long routes without any OOMs or CTDs, with the 777, which seems to be a minor miracle. And I'm even running some Megascenery Earth and FSDreamTeam airports. HMmmmmm...

Again, thanks.

-= Gary Barth =-

I am enjoying your video, working my way through it.

The manual says that the STARS and SIDS are on the CD but I can't find them. Also the operating manual is supposed to be on the CD but again I can't find it. Am I missing something.

Peter Evans

Very nicely done.  There's such a lot to cover, but you came out with flying colours (colors).  A couple of points I noticed, having been an instructor for Boeing on the -300ER simulator, the beacon was not on with the engines running.  You may choose to mention in further tutorials that as the 777 has three certified engine power schedules, and then each of these can be further reduced by the maximum reduction of 25%.  I used to teach the guys that it is like having the choice of three selectable engines with assumed temperature as desired at differing weights. When dealing with the TAKEOFF page, Boeing usually go to page 2 first to set the three altitudes, and then back to page 1 for Flap, C of G etc.  I noticed that you did not set the BARO MINS for Dubai during your setup for the landing, but as it was visual you probably intended to do it that way - I might have missed that one. Well, if that's all I could pick up, you can be justifiably proud of the job you did.  There is only one thing that really bugs me with the model - and we cannot contact anyone by email these days, is the reverse thrust after landing.  Boeing and Embraer did a joint video on the importance of selecting reverse as soon as possible after landing.  In the real aircraft you would select reverse as soon as the main wheels touch down, and apart from the delay of the interlocks, reverse would be immediate.  You certainly would have it prior to nose wheel touchdown.  It appears that the model is programmed to prevent reverse until the nose wheel is on the ground.  Is this something that could be fixed with updates in the future.  It is now 2nd January 2016 and I have only just discovered your video.  It may be that you no longer visit this site to view comments after so much time has elapsed.  Whatever!  Thanks again, Phil McConnell      philfab2@gmail.com

Phil McConnell

A couple of points I noticed, having been an instructor for Boeing on the -300ER simulator,

Phil,

This tutorial is to simply give people a generic, simple procedure, to fly the aircraft.

the beacon was not on with the engines running

The engines were running as part of the default startup state in the sim. Since other users would have a similar startup state, then it would be important to turn on the beacon at some point.

You may choose to mention in further tutorials that as the 777 has three certified engine power schedules, and then each of these can be further reduced by the maximum reduction of 25%.

This would depend on the options the airline has selected. Some do not allow for de-rates.

noticed that you did not set the BARO MINS for Dubai during your setup for the landing, but as it was visual you probably intended to do it that way - I might have missed that one.

No need to set mins when you can see the airport from 20 mi out. Certain SOPs might dictate this, but again, this tutorial was written to give people the minimum number of steps to give a basic understanding. Delving into mins opens up an entirely different discussion of what an instrument approach is, how to determine the mins, and so on.

and we cannot contact anyone by email these days

That's what the support portal is for - see the link in my signature.

Kyle Rodgers

Hope this is the right thread...

I just landed at Dubai after working through Tutorial 1 -  so well written! - and my question is: How does Tutorial 1.5 differ from #1.0?

Also, any hints of when Tutorial 2 will be available would be nice!

Finally, how do you add that nice 'Boeing 777 PMDG' image to your signature? (Or any others for that matter...)

Regards,

How does Tutorial 1.5 differ from #1.0?

Also, any hints of when Tutorial 2 will be available would be nice!

Finally, how do you add that nice 'Boeing 777 PMDG' image to your signature? (Or any others for that matter...)

Tutorial 1.5 is the second download on this page - http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/docs.html.

I don't think anyone knows anything about Tutorial 2.

The banner - http://www.avsim.com/topic/413463-pmdg-777-pilot-banner/. It is some where in this thread.

Hi! Kyle, I'm with Mark...is there any word on Tutorial #2?  Flown 1 twice now, and 2 once. And there was supposed to be some advanced techniques included in 2. Not to rush you, of course. Inquiring minds (at least two) just want to know.

-= Gary Barth =-

Hello Kyle, 

I'm wondering what happened to all your tutorial video and other links. I can't seem to access them anymore. 

Regards, 

Shim

On 1/24/2020 at 10:13 PM, shim said:

Hello Kyle, 

I'm wondering what happened to all your tutorial video and other links. I can't seem to access them anymore. 

As per the below post, it appears as though he no longer works for PMDG and has taken the videos down.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-global-flight-operations-forum/37435-any-progress-updates?p=38388#post38388

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Thanks for the update on Kyle Captain Kevin. 

Any idea if I can still get hold of a copy of his(Kyle) PMDG 777 Tutorial 1 that he posted on YouTube. 

Thanks. 

On 1/27/2020 at 6:38 PM, shim said:

Any idea if I can still get hold of a copy of his(Kyle) PMDG 777 Tutorial 1 that he posted on YouTube. 

Unless somebody else happened to upload it, which I somehow doubt, no.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.