Sign in to follow this  
Echo52

Where Is Your 777 Now?

I took a short (non-realistic) hop from Narita to Chubu Centrair, and I'm now at FL380 en-route down to ROAH. Beautiful sunset over Shikoku this evening

If you haven't landed in ROAH yet, watch your ILS Dave if landing on runway 36.  The localizer is a few degrees off to the right, but you'll have plenty of time to correct if the crosswinds aren't too stiff.

Chris Sunseri

FL390 on a NAT just south of Greenland. Delivery flight from KBFI via KJFK-ENGM.

Looking good, but had some trouble with the memory issue earlier. Turned off the ENB Shader plugin and adjusted the settings a bit.

Also, not able to import the wind data from AS2012, invalid entry on the CDU...

See you out there!

Karl Galguften

All nice, with no mem problems this time. That said, had to divert to BIKF Keflavik Iceland due to tecnical problems :-)

Cool, we'll have all the fun without you!  :P

I am currently somewhere over Siberian Russia, enroute to Tokyo Narita (BA).

What scenery are you using in Tokyo ?

Fist EGLL-OMDB BAW109 then today KLAX-KSFO with Delta

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On the way back to EDDP....started out EDDP-OMDB-VHHH yesterday. VHHH-EDDP today Aerologic freighter routes.

All flown real time...what is time compression?  :ph34r:  :P

Doogie

On the way back to EDDP....started out EDDP-OMDB-VHHH yesterday. VHHH-EDDP today Aerologic freighter routes.

All flown real time...what is time compression?  :ph34r:  :P

Doogie

Wow nice. When i can handle the 777 like the 737NGX, i will also do a flight from EDDM - OMDB. :)

Just touched down at OMDB from FAJS with Emirates. As this was my first ever flight on a 777, I figured it should also be my first ever flight with the 777. Manual landing, and, what a bird, that's all I can say.

Mine is currently at the gate at YSSY (Sydney) from CYVR (Vancouver). Air Canada flight 33. Departed at 12:00 am, arrived at 07:45am local times.

Now the return leg back to CYVR!

Currently 777LRF enroute from Christchurch to Amsterdam going East.  West is a little shorter distance but prevailing winds make going east safer.  Took off around 2200 system time l last night, expect to arrive around 2000 system time tonight.  22hrs in the air starting with full fuel and 25% freight load, estimating expected fuel on arrival to be around 20,000lbs....incredible LOL.

LOL this is the first time where flight planning included the thought...should I go half way around the world east or west? 

I have to say tho, this 777 is very easy to fly, even easier than the MD-11.  LOL I think this 777 is even easier than a typical complex GA IMHO.  I can see how the 777 would be a very easy plane to get lazy in and lose proficiency of basic flying skills.  Autostep had worked great, allowing me to sleep and do the daily errands while letting the virtual 'relief crew' do the cruise work.  My one complaint from the MD-11 was that sometimes the goofy FS windshear with throw off the autopilot profile hold.  Haven't had that issue so far in the 777.

Cheers

TJ

Mine is more of a case that PMDG won't sign it over for me, I've paid it, we're at the delivery centre in Everett, But they won't let me have it.... Whereas yours isn't expected delivery until 15th

Sounds like torture, maybe there were some hiccups in the assembly line :P. I believe my expected delivery isn't until the 30th

EDIT: 

I just bit the bullet and bought it early :) Will be flying KPAE - EGFF for the first flight :P

My one complaint from the MD-11 was that sometimes the goofy FS windshear with throw off the autopilot profile hold. Haven't had that issue so far in the 777.

Cheers

TJ

I actually had a very interesting experience on my flight with the 777, somewhere over the Balkan region I encountered a very strong tail wind which pushed the plane's speed to m.93, this instantly tripped the autopilot and the PFD showed a line through VNAV SPD. I had to deploy the airbrakes to slow the plane down before I could reengage the autopilot.

Just flew a delivery flight EGLL - EGPH.  Off for a drink on the Royal Mile!  Who says you can't do short runs with this one?! :)

Paul Skol