Sign in to follow this  
bensam

PMDG 777 windows 8 x 64

windows 8 on macbook air  with bootcamp -fsx-aceleartion all SP installed and crashed on exit.  Fsuipc helped. otherwise very stable......

FSX running is stable but I experiened some windows 8 (when outside FSX) crashes until i downloaded some updates ......still green as grass windows 8. Note i dont run it in full screen mode for obvious reasons.........

when i installed the T7 and when i started the flight, FSX just quited 3 seconds after the loading was complete, with no crash reports and nothing just quited. im with windows 8.1 and im looking forward to installing windows 7 as a second OS

Nick Marinov

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Big problem on Windows 8 x64 with 737NGX.

I reinstalled windows 7

If you are running 32 bit, do NOT buy ANY PMDG product.  Eventually either the PMDG Options dll or the dll.xml file will become corrupted and any PMDG product dependent upon it will stop working, such as from the 747-400 on forward.  PMDG has no interest evidently in supporting their own product.  This is the reply I got from product support...

"I just noticed in your reply that you are running Windows 8, which is not a supported Operating System for any of the current PMDG product line.  The DLL issue is becoming fairly common for Windows 8 users that has been extremely difficult to identify but we believe that it is an issue with the way Windows 8 tries to protect the operating system.  There aren't any good work arounds for Windows 8 currently, so our current recommendation for FSX users is to turn Windows 7 X64 for proper operation."

So PMDG is saying that their software is obsolete and will only work with obsolescent operating systems that Microsoft will likely cease support for within a year.  And further, they appear to have no interest in fixing it. 

A note to the two previous posters: Firstly, Windows 7 is NOT obsolete and is still fully supported by Microsoft. (AND PMDG!) Secondly, 32-bit operating systems are to be AVOIDED at all costs, especially with FSX. If you want to use Windows 8 or 8.1, use the 64-bit version. I myself use 8.1x64 with no problems but you need to know how to set it up right as well.

Running PMDG 777 on Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. I've noticed FSX stopped crashing when you exit the sim and also feels like it's running a bit smoother than when I had Win7.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

i7 930 @3.4

660ti

win 8.1

t7 runs great

only joystick lock out after (not every time) window switching. solution is to switch from window mode to full screen and back again to window to resume joystick functionality.

nice work pmdg

I've been using Windows 8 x64 with FSX and PMDG 777 for quite a few months now. FSX is sometimes unstable, but that feels more of a FSX problem, not PMDG problem. The PMDG operations center works quite well (except it does not support high DPI screens. Which is quite frustrating because I sit quite far from my 23" monitors.)

I have decided NOT to upgrade to Windows 8.1 because Windows 8.1 removes many features!

Everything works pretty well on Windows 8.1 PRO 64 bits.

MX.