Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Autopilot disconnect alarm won't acknowledge

Ill go to disconnect the autopilot and the alarm sounds (normal) but then when I press the button to silence it it doesn't stop.

The only way I silenced it was to (after putting the disconnect button back) re-engage the autopilot.....

In your FMS, go to PMDG Setup->Aircraft->Equipment. Use 'NEXT PAGE' or 'PREV PAGE' to go to WARNING SYS page [9/9], and select 'RESETTABLE SIREN' to 'YES.'

Cheers,

Henning

dc6_devteam_banner.jpg

You have to disable the auto pilot via the button on the yoke. Hit it once wait 1 second and hit it again the siren will turn off. You have to wait the 1 second between presses otherwise the siren won't shut off.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Ill go to disconnect the autopilot and the alarm sounds (normal) but then when I press the button to silence it it doesn't stop.

The only way I silenced it was to (after putting the disconnect button back) re-engage the autopilot.....

@IAF747 (Daniel): Note on page 37 of the PMDG-777-Introduction PDF file information pertaining to use of the Autopilot Disconnect bar to disengage the autopilot.  Read the content under the section, "I turned off the autopilot but I can't silence the alarm" to help you understand the correct procedure for silencing the alarm quickly.

Edited by dmiannay
  • Upvote 2

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

here is my frustration.. I can hit the z key.. wait then hit the z key again.. but if I do.. it just turns the a/p back on..so the only way.. is for me to turn off the siren setting in the cdu setup feature and then hit z to disconnect then hit the warning light to shut up the alarm.. I don't think this is correct.. then the intro pdf says not to use the white disconect bar.. Isn't that what that is for?  didn't we do it that way in the 737?

when I'm on final.. I want to be able to shut everything off.. ap and at... is this possible?

Ciao!

Why is the inability to silence the alarm an option though, weird.

Because it's actually this way on the real airplane. Search "Resettable Siren" in the FCOM 2 - it's a real life option.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

here is my frustration.. I can hit the z key.. wait then hit the z key again.. but if I do.. it just turns the a/p back on..so the only way.. is for me to turn off the siren setting in the cdu setup feature and then hit z to disconnect then hit the warning light to shut up the alarm.. I don't think this is correct.. then the intro pdf says not to use the white disconect bar.. Isn't that what that is for?  didn't we do it that way in the 737?

when I'm on final.. I want to be able to shut everything off.. ap and at... is this possible?

You can right click the "TO/GA screw" clickspot on the MCP lower left corner twice and it will do the proper command without using the keyboard or joystick. (Middle/wheel click will turn the A/T off) 

I have the Z key function assigned to a command on my joystick and it works for this just fine - you're saying if you actually press the Z key on the keyboard, wait 1.5 seconds and then do it again, the siren does not stop?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

(...)

I have the Z key function assigned to a command on my joystick and it works for this just fine - you're saying if you actually press the Z key on the keyboard, wait 1.5 seconds and then do it again, the siren does not stop?

I noticed the same on my system. The double 'Z' works with other airplanes, though.