Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Autopilot disconnect alarm won't acknowledge

Guys, make sure that your "z" key is actually disconnecting the A/P. Mine wasn't. Go to the PMDG options in CDU and see how your keys are assigned there. 

I just thought of that.. also  I should probably wipe it out of the fsx key assignment and check my fsuipc assignments as well..I'll check it right now.

Ciao!

Guys, make sure that your "z" key is actually disconnecting the A/P. Mine wasn't. Go to the PMDG options in CDU and see how your keys are assigned there. 

Thanks! Default are different assignments for A/P on and for A/P off. 'Z' turns it on; Shift+Ctrl+Z turns it off. The latter works for silencing the siren as well.

Guys,

Make sure you don't have conflicting key assignments.

Remember that the default FSX key command is a toggle:

If AP is on, Z turns it off.

If AP is off, Z turns it on.

I'd recommend killing the FSX command and setting the AP Disconnect key command in the KEY COMMANDS in the PMDG SETUP menus.

Kyle Rodgers

Also say three times after me... This isn't the NGX.

haha - welp, we all saw my bonehead error on the Beta email list earlier...

Sadly, with this same issue.

I'm still writing it on the board and clapping out the erasers...

Kyle Rodgers

Are you hitting the disconnect bar on the MCP to disconnect the Autopilot?

Yes.

Because it's actually this way on the real airplane. Search "Resettable Siren" in the FCOM 2 - it's a real life option.

I only worked out it was an airline option when I flew the Air Canada livery where the button worked as normal (or what I was used to anyway with 777s).

So this is not an error of PMDG. It isn't an error at all. Just a misunderstanding and lack of me reading the manual.

Yes.

I only worked out it was an airline option when I flew the Air Canada livery where the button worked as normal (or what I was used to anyway with 777s).

So this is not an error of PMDG. It isn't an error at all. Just a misunderstanding and lack of me reading the manual.

Ok, that's the problem. You aren't supposed to use the bar to disengage the autopilot except as a last resort. Map a joystick button to the autopilot disconnect button on the yoke (I imagine the intro manual will help with this) click it, wait about 2 seconds, click it again. This will disengage A/P and silence the alarm.

Steve Caffey

Ok, that's the problem. You aren't supposed to use the bar to disengage the autopilot except as a last resort. Map a joystick button to the autopilot disconnect button on the yoke (I imagine the intro manual will help with this) click it, wait about 2 seconds, click it again. This will disengage A/P and silence the alarm.

OK. It (disengage bar) silences the alarm on Air Canada. The PMDG livery wouldn't do it because I believe the Boeing option or something is not on it.

here is my frustration.. I can hit the z key.. wait then hit the z key again.. but if I do.. it just turns the a/p back on..so the only way.. is for me to turn off the siren setting in the cdu setup feature and then hit z to disconnect then hit the warning light to shut up the alarm.. I don't think this is correct.. then the intro pdf says not to use the white disconect bar.. Isn't that what that is for?  didn't we do it that way in the 737?

when I'm on final.. I want to be able to shut everything off.. ap and at... is this possible?

of cource but the sound wont stop until u reset it in pmdg setup> aircraft> page 9> reset able siren yes

I have a problem with auto pilot disconnect.

It is set up properly using SHIFT-CNTL-Z in FSX and I also see it on the CDU under Key Commands as the same.

The problem is even though I set it up in FSX and even in FSUIPC, the button I assign won't turn off AP.

SHIFT-CNTL-Z of course works.  Any reason why any button on PFC Yoke and CH joystick buttons  won't work for AP disconnect, but all other buttons work for everything else?

Paul Gugliotta

Any reason why any button on PFC Yoke and CH joystick buttons won't work for AP disconnect, but all other buttons work for everything else?

You probably haven't set it up properly in FSUIPC.

-Setting the command in FSX only makes it "listen" for that specific key command.  It doesn't tell it to associate the key command with the joystick.

-Make sure you're not setting FSUIPC to do the same thing as the above (on the Key Presses tab), and, instead, tell it to send a particular command when you press a button on your yoke (on the Buttons/Switches tab).

Kyle Rodgers