Sign in to follow this  
VH_JLC

777 crashes FSX ?

False. The only party who should have egg on their face is the developer and/or their testers for allowing an 18-wheeler this large to pass through a hole this big - not the customer who just paid them $90.00.

"Everything seems to work except for Fly Now. Ship it!"

I award four ponies.

In any event: thank you, Ceze. The navdata appears to be the problem, which explains why the condition persists across reinstallations. I recreated runways.csv, nuked the T7-supplied navdata, and installed my prior PMDG AIRAC database (don't even want to mess with the new one). We seem to be back to square 0 now. Fantabulous. I may now resume beta testing.

anytime m8 :)

Im only having troubles with entering and exiting full screen mode atm,

All flights all AC are fine just the 777 seems to lock/freeze than crash the sim when exiting fullscreen :/

Cheers Josh Cliff

I have the exact same Beeping issues This is a beeping joke we pay 100 bucks for this and we cannot wen fly the damn thing pmdg better get their &@($* into hear and rectify the issue

Mike

Another 
apphang while just doing touch and goes- it may be FMC related when I reload the airport-to-airport flightplan

Description:
  A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
  Application Name: fsx.exe
  Application Version: 10.0.61472.0
  Application Timestamp: 475e17d3
  Hang Signature: 1042
  Hang Type: 256
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Hang Signature 1: 1042ba2c0ca30634e1de16535a171d0e
  Additional Hang Signature 2: 2fff
  Additional Hang Signature 3: 2fffe25fd61856b1abd1f6c7552c7f99
  Additional Hang Signature 4: 1042
  Additional Hang Signature 5: 1042ba2c0ca30634e1de16535a171d0e
  Additional Hang Signature 6: 2fff
  Additional Hang Signature 7: 2fffe25fd61856b1abd1f6c7552c7f99

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

False. The only party who should have egg on their face is the developer and/or their testers for allowing an 18-wheeler this large to pass through a hole this big - not the customer who just paid them $90.00.

haha - wow.  Alright.

So, first, where's the 18-wheeler-sized problem?  Second, if you can go find me software that had no bugs - at all - at release, you come back and I'll ship you more eggs to throw...

As far as releases go, yes, there are some larger issues, but none so show-stopping that people can't use the software.

Kyle Rodgers

No no no...Not PMDG`s fault. It is your setup or FS X. :)

Good evening,
First I would like to thank you for a magnificent aircraft!! :)

I started out doing circuits around YSSY to get a feel for this beast and all was good.

I started up my 1st route (created with PFPX) YPPH-YSSY downloaded the Virgin Australia paint, I went through all the check lists toke off and at say 3000ft the screen when completely black than fsx crashed leaving me with this error

And now when I launch FSX I now get this error and cannot select any other plane or access another menu

Ive tried eliminating different process like no As2012 no PFPX and yeah now just getting no where
Im running Win7 64
3930K @ 4200
16g 2400mhz RAM
GTX 670

All was running fine last night as I completed NZAA-YSSY in the NGX :(

Any help would be great!!

It seems this plane would be better off suited on a 64bit app with a bigger VAS.. We shouldn't have to sacrifice AI and scenery just to fly the thing....

BUT!!! There's hope.... :)

Im hoping that when its released for P3Dv2 we're not maxing out our memory levels with all the AI, weather and scenery add ons..

Fingers crossed 

Cheers Josh Cliff

just to add my comment, i just bought the tripple 7 a few days ago, i use fsx dx10 for it, and crash either after takeoff or close to landing, has anyone found a solution for this?

just to add my comment, i just bought the tripple 7 a few days ago, i use fsx dx10 for it, and crash either after takeoff or close to landing, has anyone found a solution for this?

Yes, tweak your system and FSX correctly. 

Rob Prest

No shame in that, flying is easy....take off and landing are not ;-)

Just kidding.

It is impossible to help you with the little.....zero.....info you are giving us.

But If you dont have FSUIPC installed yet, then try that.

FSUIPC is know to catch some things that would otherwise cause FSX to CDT.

Rob Robson

Anybody still have issues with 777, its most probably VAS, there is a way to deal with this problem, but not a total solution.

1. check youtube for Froogle's video on pmdg777 VAS

2.Get registered version of FSUIPC, and turn on VAS warning sound.

3. use free app processmonitor to check VAS as you setup FSX graphics not exceed max VAS.

3a So far only 777 eats so much VAS but they all do, and may need to adjust fsx graphics to suite VAS for each addon.

In conclusion you need to turn  fsx setting way down to fly pmdg777, and you can still balance the graphics by

using a saved flight in very heavy weather to tune your fsx settings and VAS. Always do this test with bad weather, else VAS will blow out as you hit bad weather.

So set with worst case conditions . And I been fine ever since.

That said, there is a lesson in this for pmdg, in that part of the innovation for fsx addons includes using less VAS whilst delivering

descent graphics, else you end up where we are now, having to bare bone the scenery to fly stunning plane that stands out in the poor scenery.

Love the 777 for its time acceleration options in FMC, its attention to detail which PMDg is good for, so wount be surprised to see more

VAS config options and generally less VAS usage in future PMDG products.

Cloud textures. Down

Any textures. 4012 is silly

Photoreal terrain: deactivate for long haul, it kills VAS even if you are on the other side of the world.

Autogen: low or even off.

External view: avoid.

Tower view option: remove from S cycle.

Addon scenery: limit detail options if available.

Some of these things can be adjusted up when not flying long haul flights.

No shame in that, flying is easy....take off and landing are not ;-)

Just kidding.

It is impossible to help you with the little.....zero.....info you are giving us.

But If you dont have FSUIPC installed yet, then try that.

FSUIPC is know to catch some things that would otherwise cause FSX to CDT.

i am running a gtx 780, 16 gigs of ram, ftx global, vector, many airports and, rex texture direct and active sky next, the problem went away when i set to cold and dark, exited fsx then went in and set my start up to short.