Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doog79

PMDG 777 RAAS crashing FSX on startup

69 posts in this topic

Hello Bryan, don't know if you remember or not but I had a problem with RAAS crashing FSX on start up with the Aerosoft Bus. I fixed that by installing your stand alone locked version for the bus from your product page. This worked for a few weeks then happened again. I gave up trying to fix it.

I bought and installed the PMDG777 last night. Had two successful flights in the 777 with RAAS locked version working great. Third flight and boom FSX has stopped working and needs to close, this happens at startup. I restarted FSX and am given an option to run the RAASpro module again but the only way I can get FSX to open is by not loading the module or FSX doesn't boot.

All audio drivers are up to date which was a suggestion when it happened with the bus.

FSX is on a separate drive outside program files, user account control is off and all installers and stuff run as admin.

I have Microsoft Security Essentials but FSX foder is excluded from scanning and real time protection.

This issue has annoyed me for months with the bus and now its hitting the 777 I really want to get to the bottom of it. I`m wondering if RAAS runs as a process is MSE is shutting it down? There is nothing quarantined or in the detected items.

Yours faithfully

Douglas Reid (Doogie)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Doug,

I use the built in Microsoft security stuff too with Windows 8.

I'm sorry, I can't explain your issue.  I wish I could.  It works twice, then on the 3rd time it stops working.  Odd.

I hate to pass the buck, but I'm going to have to say something is hooped on your system somewhere.

With the Aerosoft Airbus and now PMDG 777 using RAAS, we have probably in excess of 20,000 active RAAS users.  Maybe more.

No one else has ever reported your issue.

Wish I I could say more.

Cheers,

Is it possible to run the 777 without RAAS? I use Foreflight on my ipad, and it has raas too, so im getting two warnings at the same time of the same event, a smidge annoying but obviously no fault of the brilliant 777

Is it possible to run the 777 without RAAS? I use Foreflight on my ipad, and it has raas too, so im getting two warnings at the same time of the same event, a smidge annoying but obviously no fault of the brilliant 777

You can disable RAAS... I believe the option is in the 777 Aircraft settings menu in the FMC under GPWS options.

I know it can be disabled but how do I stop this crashing my sim on startup or the error messages at startup?  Could I rename the RAAS pro folder would that do it?

Would it help if I sent you my .dll xml file?

At least with the airbus version I could remove it completly.

To say no one has EVER reported it though is wrong. In my original issue with the bus there were a couple of other users with the same issue. I know bugs are hard to track down as I beta test for REX game studios, its not like I`m a noob at this. The error that comes up says there is a problem with RAAS.pro dll do I want to run it, if yes then crash, if no then sim runs perfect. There is no way I`m doing a clean install of windows for one module in FSX lol    If you can give me a way to disable it completly for the 777 I will be more than happy. Then when I feel the need to do a complete windows installl again I will see if it works again.

Cheers Doogie

OK not one to lay down to an issue like this I had a dig around in MSE and excluded the RAAS pro dll on its own. I have my entire FSX drive excluded from scanning but that seems not to be enough.

Booted the sim, said yes this time to RAASpro dll  and viola it works.   MSE must not like this dll on my machine.

Hope thats it all sorted now and here is a screenie of MSE incase anyone else runs into this issue. I did not know you could exclude individual dll files.

Cheers Doogie :)

Well, I run MSE too, and never had this problem, as do probably 1000's of other users.

Gotta love computers!

Its the only security I use and have never had an issue apart from the odd zip file getting deleted ie... a repaint download or something else it doesn`t like.

At least its working now :)

Doogie

Hi

I´m sorry for my bad English! i doesen´t  speak (write) english very often.

I have the Problem that if i start the Fsx, the rssapro.dll is crashing and i can say yes pleas start up or doesen´t start up rssa.The first time after the installing the raas works. But i have restard the fsx and at this time it doesen´t work. I have repaird the 777 and i removed the tripple 777 and reinstall. if I does´n´t start up the raas, the 777 works very good. i doesen´t have the Airbus X but the Fs2Crew for the 737 ngx with the emergency pack. I hope you can help me. It weres Perfect if you can write it once in German

I have load up an Picture with the error. I hope it can help!?

Thank you for your comments

@Lion23

That is the exact same error as I had, glad I`m not the only one...although mine seems fixed just now.

It might be worth opening a new topic to make sure the FS2Crew guys don't miss your post as this is marked as resolved ;)

Doogie

h mine seems fixed just now.

In your case it was the anti virus program causing the issue.

I know some people tried installing RAAS while FSX was running and that caused problems...

no i´m sorry i had no anti virus Programm in the Background, and the fsx wasn´t running at the time were i have installed the T7 . And the first step doesen´t worked.

no i´m sorry i had no anti virus Programm in the Background, and the fsx wasn´t running at the time were i have installed the T7 . And the first step doesen´t worked.

You might have a corrupt system file on your computer.  It's impossible to guess.

We have probably well over 20,000 RAAS users with the 777 and Airbus combined...  reports of issues are very few and far between.

Had the Same Issue, but since I have the Creative SB X-Fi and this is marked as an issue Soundcard in your Troubleshooting Section, I just deleted the entry in the dll.xml and live without RAAS at the moment.

will give it a try in my new Computer I will buy near the holiday