Sign in to follow this  
richjb2

PDF MFD & EICAS Popups - Cannot move on screen

Thanks for the T7.  I looks great!

I have a question concerning the PFD, MFD, & EICAS popup displays.  I was able to click on the PFD, MFD and EICAS displays to view the zoomed in displays.  However, unlike NGX was I unable to move the zoom displays to other locations around the cockpit.  The were fixed in the position where the zoom display opened.   Is this correct?

I read the manual (pages 0.00.47 to 0.00.59) concerning the popup zoom displays.  It does not mention anything about being able to move the popups around to other spots on the screen.  I am able to move the FMS and the Radios popup panels around the screen, just not the PFD, MFD, & EICAS popup displays.

I find the ability to open the PFD & MFD displays and move them around the cockpit quite useful in the NGX where the VC zoom level does not always permit easy reading of the PFD or MFD, especially with older eyes! :)

Am I doing something wrong?  If not, would be possible to implement this feature on the next update?  Let me know if I need to submit a trouble ticket.

Thanks!

Rich Boll

Wichita, KS

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

I had the same problem with the popup displays first. Unlike in the NGX you have to click on the outer edge of the display (the thin pitch black line that sourrounds the whole display) to move it.

The trick is putting the cursor right on the edge of the popup, if you look close you can see a narrow black border from which it is possible to drag and resize.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks everyone!

Rich

PS...Hi Dan!

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

The PFD,ND, and EICAS can NOT be moved to another monitor. I have 4 monitors on 2 video cards and only the radios, MCP, and CDU can be moved to any of the 4 monitors. I am very disappointed in this and I hope they fix it soon!

ps Right click does nothing whether full screen or windowed mode.

Hi Rob

Because I fly in windowed mode I can move the displays such as PFD to a second monitor by clicking the display, then right clicking the very edge of the display then choosing un-dock display, then drag it over to my second monitor.  Not sure about full screen mode as I do not use it.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

The PFD,ND, and EICAS can NOT be moved to another monitor. I have 4 monitors on 2 video cards and only the radios, MCP, and CDU can be moved to any of the 4 monitors. I am very disappointed in this and I hope they fix it soon!

All displays can be undocked and dragged in windowed mode as well. Pls. note the DUs have only a very small area on the top border where the right click/undock actually works.

please tell me that is not true!

I must have full screen mode with PFD + ND + engines on second monitor!

All displays can be undocked and dragged in windowed mode as well. Pls. note the DUs have only a very small area on the top border where the right click/undock actually works.

Olli, can you try moving them to a second monitor (if you have one connected ofcourse) while in full screen mode?

please let it work!

Rob Robson

(...)Olli, can you try moving them to a second monitor (if you have one connected ofcourse) while in full screen mode?

please let it work!

... and spoil my descent into EGPK?   :P

Works in full screen mode like a charm; you don't have to undock before dragging, of course. Had the MCP, CDU and two MFDs on the 2nd one - no problems!

... and spoil my descent into EGPK? :P

Works in full screen mode like a charm; you don't have to undock before dragging, of course. Had the MCP, CDU and two MFDs on the 2nd one - no problems!

Thx Olli, but what about the PFD, ND, and Engine parameters (upper center display)?

737727nut is saying they cant be moved in full screen!

That would be horrible....dissaster!

(ofcourse, dont ruin your flight...just whenever you have time)

Rob Robson

Thx Olli, but what about the PFD, ND, and Engine parameters (upper center display)?

737727nut is saying they cant be moved in full screen!

That would be horrible....dissaster!

(ofcourse, dont ruin your flight...just whenever you have time)

In my reply above I had the ND and the lower DU dragged - just tested with all four of them, including the PFD and the upper (EICAS) DU - it works for each DU (Captain's side tested only).

In my reply above I had the ND and the lower DU dragged - just tested with all four of them, including the PFD and the upper (EICAS) DU - it works for each DU (Captain's side tested only).

Pfffff, thx god....no thx Olli :-)

Bloodpressure returning to normal again....

Others can move all displays everywhere.

So must be your 2 GPU config is causing trouble.

I can imagine it not being possible to move things from a monitor connected to GPU 1 to a monitor connected to GPU 2

Rob Robson

Pfffff, thx god....no thx Olli :-)

Bloodpressure returning to normal again....

Others can move all displays everywhere.

So must be your 2 GPU config is causing trouble.

I can imagine it not being possible to move things from a monitor connected to GPU 1 to a monitor connected to GPU 2

You're sooooo gonna love her!!!   ^_^