Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

SERVICE PACK1 RELEASED

So true.  One wonders what goes through their mind.  They don't engage with the community at all except for Bernt.  They have no forum.  They have the unofficial forum here but are never here.  Do they not care?   Are they afraid to be involved?

I think this is because they don't need to. They have their Facebook page in which they keep posting shiny pictures of their upcoming aircraft, and in turn they're getting tons of likes and excited comments. And when they release a new plane, those people will rush to buy it, making Carenado lots of money, which encourages them to continue with the same formula; planes that look shiny but have no depth, and little quality control so the money can be earned more quickly.

I understand that there are people who only care about how the plane looks and don't care about its systems, and I have no problem with that. But since they keep buying everything they release, Carenado get the chance to drop the quality with each release. As I said, many of their planes with steam gauges are really worth something, and a few have that great combination of amazing visuals, a great FDE and a realistic sound pack. But their latest release, the Phenom 100, is pure junk. Lots of things not modelled on purpose, a very inaccurate sound pack (at least it's possible to replace it with the sound pack from the feelThere version), and is plagued by terrible coding that causes a huge performance hit. And don't get me started on the list of bugs which keeps growing larger with each release.

I had some hopes for the Hawker 850XP because they tagged one album with the "Next Generation" branding, but the next album shows the default stuff in place of avionics. Another brain-dead aircraft it seems.

I understand that there are people who only care about how the plane looks and don't care about its systems, and I have no problem with that. But since they keep buying everything they release, Carenado get the chance to drop the quality with each release.

Then there must be a whole shadow community out there of people who are happy with looks.  I don't buy Carenado glass and I won't until I see some positive reviews.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Then there must be a whole shadow community out there of people who are happy with looks.  I don't buy Carenado glass and I won't until I see some positive reviews.

Actually that community keeps increasing. The Phenom 100 is Carenado's best-selling add-on of all time.

Actually that community keeps increasing. The Phenom 100 is Carenado's best-selling add-on of all time.

In some sense, that's a good thing.  How do you know that?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

In some sense, that's a good thing.  How do you know that?

Someone on Facebook quoted the CEO saying that. If I find it again I'll post it in here.

Someone on Facebook quoted the CEO saying that. If I find it again I'll post it in here.

Maybe that speaks for the want for single pilot VLJs.  The F1 Mustang has been out for a good while now and was, really, the only VLJ out there...and it doesn't work in P3D.  I keep wishing for someone else to make one...with quality.    Milviz and ESDG both have the avionics experience to do it.

Gregg Seipp

Maybe that speaks for the want for single pilot VLJs.  The F1 Mustang has been out for a good while now and was, really, the only VLJ out there...and it doesn't work in P3D.  I keep wishing for someone else to make one...with quality.    Milviz and ESDG both have the avionics experience to do it.

It's exactly why Carenado have entered that market; there's a huge demand, and the comments on their Facebook page show that exactly. The thing is, it should be others making bizjets, not Carenado. They were at their best when they made aircraft with steam gauges.

At least Alabeo are still good. They are what Carenado used to be, but with 2014 visuals.

Using my (somewhat less than) amazing photoshop skills, I was able to knock some of the shine off the nighttime interior lighting...

foJsqzJ.jpg

One other thing.  According to one of the links I posted above, 20MP as you approach the approach fix should give you 120 on final.  Looks like 19MP is right for this aircraft.  After you put gear and flaps down and begin a 500FPM approach, 20MP should give 100 KIAS final.  You have to reduce to about 16MP on this aircraft.

Also, the night light switch for the annunciator panel is backwards.  Bright set for night and dim for day and the left/right click don't work on that switch.  

And does the Decision Height light work?

Gregg Seipp