Sign in to follow this  
elmucki

The possibility of a 2D panel?

I was just wondering if PMDG would consider adding a 2D panel in the near future... dont get me wrong, i love the VC, but sometimes on small screens it just becomes difficult.

Now, lets watch the pointless, dumb, ignorant, smart &@($* comments pile up because as we know everyone needs to give their input....

It was pointless to make the 517th topic on it.

They have said over, and over, and over again...the answer is NO.

Search is your friend.

We get it that the  answer is NO , but still I believe that the majority of the people here would love to have the option of a 2D panel. I would certainly want one. So lets see how many people say YES to a 2D panel.

stelios

Stelios Christofides

We get it that the  answer is NO , but still I believe that the majority of the people here would love to have the option of a 2D panel. I would certainly want one. So lets see how many people say YES to a 2D panel.

The forum is not the majority by far, firstly.

Second, this has been tried, over, and over, and over again, and still nothing has changed on the view that 2D is out.  It's a thing of the past, and just about every reason people want it around is rooted in a resistance to change, and not something more concrete (the hardware to get FSX to run acceptably has been affordable for quite some time).

...please, for all that is lovely in this world, let's not get into the ridiculous debate for the million-and-first time.

Welcome to 2013.

Kyle Rodgers

Now, lets watch the pointless, dumb, ignorant, smart &@($* comments pile up because as we know everyone needs to give their input....

go back in the forest, troll. no one likes you.

Also, many people who train on sim and then fly in RW complain that flying 2D forces them to look forward only  which is wrong as in a real cockpit you're meant to scan the horizon and move your head to monitor your surroundings- all easily done in VC

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The forum is not the majority by far, firstly.

Second, this has been tried, over, and over, and over again, and still nothing has changed on the view that 2D is out.  It's a thing of the past, and just about every reason people want it around is rooted in a resistance to change, and not something more concrete (the hardware to get FSX to run acceptably has been affordable for quite some time).

...please, for all that is lovely in this world, let's not get into the ridiculous debate for the million-and-first time.

Welcome to 2013.

Yes. This.

Blunt, concise, and completely true.

Honestly, a simple search could have found a dozen topics on the subject. All of which would have come to the same conclusion: We are NOT shareholders. PMDG does what they want to do based on what they believe is most beneficial to them as a company and no amount of "But I WANT it!" is going to alter their business strategy/direction//whatever you want to call it.

go back in the forest, troll. no one likes you.

To be fair, I don't think he was trolling. Just unfamiliar/uneducated on the subject. 

We get it that the answer is NO , but still I believe that the majority of the people here would love to have the option of a 2D panel. I would certainly want one. So lets see how many people say YES to a 2D panel.

stelios

If you get that the answer is no, then why are you still asking about majorities?

Sounds like you really don't get the answer is no.

Well, so far all PMDG addons (except for the J41, I assume?) have had a 2D panel. The 777 is the first one to only have a VC. Quite a new situation, I would say. Although this was known before, now that it is released, I've read quite a few posts from people who would, at least, occasionally use the 2D panel.

As stated already, what you read in the forums represents a very small percentage of customers who buy these products.

The majority of customers never even post in the forums, they just silently enjoy their product.

We will never have an accurate vote via these forums. Asking for one is pointless.

In the end this is the second product they have released without the traditional 2D cockpit, not the first.

They did their market research, made a cost effective decision, and they're sticking to it.

That's it. End of story. No more 2D panels.

This topic is like the weed that just won't die.

Face it. It costs too much to make everyone happy. PMDG didn't throw this together haphazardly. They actually put some thought into it, believe it or not--much more, I would say, than the people who keep popping up to tell the rest of us what the majority of us want.

stelios

yes

As stated already, what you read in the forums represents a very small percentage of customers who buy these products.

The majority of customers never even post in the forums, they just silently enjoy their product.

We will never have an accurate vote via these forums. Asking for one is pointless.

In the end this is the second product they have released without the traditional 2D cockpit, not the first.

They did their market research, made a cost effective decision, and they're sticking to it.

That's it. End of story. No more 2D panels.

This topic is like the weed that just won't die.

then I want my money back. simple as that !