Sign in to follow this  
Joe_Legander

Is It Intended that the Manuals not be Printable?

You can only print the Introduction and the Tutorial.  The other manuals are locked files which can't be printed.  Surely this is a mistake?  You're not intending to make us buy the printed manuals, or use them only on alternate screens?

Joe Legander

I assume it has everything to do with their commercial agreement with Boeing. It's their intellectual property.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm sure the same was true of the manuals for the 737, MD-11, and Jetstream.  All of them were printable.  I've never seen PMDG release manuals that you couldn't print.  The idea of having to read 1,000 pages on an iPad or something seems ridiculous.  If this is their official policy, it would be nice to hear it.  But it's certainly a big change from the past, and one I think would have been fair to notify customers of before their purchase.  I'm hoping it's just an error.

Joe Legander

it might be true for the 737 but for the MD11 and Jetstream as far as I remember they we're not complete official FCOM and FCTM ... So that's a different matter on those ones.

About the 777 not sure of the reason, but somehow the deal might be different too, so I would not take the fact that the 737NGX is printabale as meaning that the same can happen on the next one. 

I have the real boeing 777 FCOM and its almost 1:1 to the PMDG(only the logo of PMDG is new), soo in fact its Boeing's FCOM whit the PMDG logo(insted of airline logo)

If that's the case, I'd rather have had a PMDG version of them.  Honestly, producing a product with manuals that run hundreds of pages long, and then refusing to allow you to print them for personal use, instead charging you hundreds of dollars to do it for you, seems like a pretty raw deal.  Game companies used to provide you the manuals FOR FREE with the game.  Then they began only giving you PDFs, and asking you to print them yourself, at your own expense.

Asking you to have THEM print them at great expense for you just seems too much.  I'm very disappointed with that kind of decision.

Joe Legander