Sign in to follow this  
NGXfanatic

Winds uplink in the FMC

I have started perusing the intro document, and was quite happy to learn that PMDG is reaching out to the weather program developers and proposing to have the FMC wind info used in the 777's cruise and descent forecast page auto populated by said weather programs.  I have been wishing for this feature for ages, and I'm very excited to see that this feature is possible.  Because in the end, it's just data, and how hard can it be for the two programs to talk to each other?

Kudos to PMDG, this is a HUGE step in matching real world ops where the cockpit crews have the luxury of pressing a button on the FMC and retrieving the wind info electronically, avoiding tedious data entry.   And no where else is this feature more important than in the long range 777!!!!

How many here have been secretly wishing for this feature and were surprised to learn PMDG had thought of it!   PMDG really has thought of everything.

• Upvote 1

Also like this feature and the fact that the installation created the necessary WX  folder automatically with small text file installed there explaining how to use it.

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

It is great having the option of uplinking weather data from AS2012. I don't mind found it manually

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I'm sitting on the fence in regards to updating from ASE to AS2012.  Not sure it's really worth the upgrade cost, but I'll tell you what, it's an instant sell for me if they add the option to export the winds automatically and seamlessly to the PMDG 777's FMC. 

Mine (and others) ran into difficulty doing that, mine says error in the FMC when trying to load the winds.

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Mine (and others) ran into difficulty doing that, mine says error in the FMC when trying to load the winds.

Would you mind posting your file somewhere where I can take a look?

Kyle Rodgers

Would you mind posting your file somewhere where I can take a look?

Check your skype ;) 

Alex Ridge

Check your skype ;) 

Bah - I'm at work.  I'll check when I get home unless you have a dropbox link or something...

Sorry I stopped responding yesterday, too.  I had Skype up on my iPad and I put it down to keep working on work stuff and forgot about it.

Kyle Rodgers

Bah - I'm at work.  I'll check when I get home unless you have a dropbox link or something...

Sorry I stopped responding yesterday, too.  I had Skype up on my iPad and I put it down to keep working on work stuff and forgot about it.

I am in no immediate rush with it, it would just be nice to get it working, Talk later 

Alex Ridge

I also had an error, followed instructions to the letter...I went back and watched Froogles JFK to Den flight where he shows the wind feature and I may have figured out why.

He exported his plan from PFPX to the PMDG flightplan folder using the name KJFKKDEN01.rte. Now he then used CoRoute in the FMC to load that flight...Then created wx file, using the same flightplan routes in AS2012. He named it to match the CoRoute. So KJFKKDEN01.wx. When I created mine, I did not use a coroute, just manually entered flightplan. Wondering if that is the difference. Trying a flight shortly with the method Froogle used.

Jeff Hendershot
"Roger, Roger...What's Our Vector, Victor?"

My both files are named KIADKLAX01.rte and KIADKLAX01.wx and i still get the error message :/

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I have pfpx connected to REX. Does the loadsheet contain the right information? I found something that looks like it, but it doesn't work.

Wondering if that is the difference.

Nope.  The name just has to match the route [AirportICAO][AirportICAO].  It can match the COROUTE as well, but it really just needs the two airport codes.

KIADKLAX01.wx and i still get the error message

Make sure the file in the folder is not KIADKLAX01.wx.txt.  That's hugely important.  If you have "hide known filetypes on, uncheck it to be sure.

Does the loadsheet contain the right information?

No.  It needs the exact format as mentioned in the manual...

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Make sure the file in the folder is not KIADKLAX01.wx.txt.  That's hugely important.  If you have "hide known filetypes on, uncheck it to be sure.

There we go! Thank you so much Kyle!

Ivan Majetic

Alex

Hi Alex

Did you manage to sort your issues out with this as I'm having the same problem. I've read the readme within the PMDG\wx folder, as well as watching Froogle's fully loaded video but the FMC just won't accept it.

Gavin

Gavin Price