Sign in to follow this  
NGXfanatic

Winds uplink in the FMC

I can say this feature works!   The only minor quibble on my part is that I cannot replace the .wx file with newer data as the flight progresses while the sim is running, as the file is open in FSX and basically read only at that point.   Not sure what can be done about that, apart from either saving the flight and exiting the sim, replace the file, and resume saved flight.  If Active Sky or any other external program offers the feature I wonder if they would run into the same roadblock? 

Can someone from PMDG offer some insight as to whether wind data refreshes this can be looked into?

• Upvote 1

Hi Alex

Did you manage to sort your issues out with this as I'm having the same problem. I've read the readme within the PMDG\wx folder, as well as watching Froogle's fully loaded video but the FMC just won't accept it.

Gavin

I didn't mate, tried on two different flights now

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Opus is onto it too.

The PMDG 777 upper wind and temperature text file will now be created and automatically copied to the <SIM>\PMDG\WX folder. This file is only generated during a weather update under the following conditions,

a. When a Flight Plan has been specified and processed (or activated in the sim).
b. When a PMDG aircraft is loaded and sitting on the ground.
c. When the <SIM>\PMDG\WX folder exists.

N.B.

The PMDG 777 report is generated in OpusFSX\Themes\OpusPMDGData.txt prior to copying to the SRCEDEST.wx file in the <SIM>\PMDG\WX folder, where SRCE and DEST are the ICAO codes for the point of departure and destination respectively.

To obtain meaningful data GRIB forecast data must be available, please check the Opus Upper Atmosphere on-screen weather report or associated Opus text report files (the OpusWeatherReport and OpusFlightReport files in your OpusFSX\Themes folder)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi ,

I can't get it to work with opus .

I first exported the fligthplan from fpfx to the fsx folder wich created the file wrmmomdb01in fsx and pmdg flightplan folder  , imported the fsx flightplan with opus , grib data forecast enabled and processed the flight .

I do have the file wrmmomdb.wx (without the 01 )in the WX folder created by opus but when i am on the airport , completed the flightplan in the fmc , go to the legs page , route data end request for weather nothing happens .

Best regards ,

Gérard

I would like to second the question regarding the refreshing of winds aloft data along the route.  They do get stale rather quickly. Cheers. 

Not sure if the AS2012 version works for me but just tried it with the latest version of OPUS and it works flawlessly.

Gavin Price

I can say this feature works!   The only minor quibble on my part is that I cannot replace the .wx file with newer data as the flight progresses while the sim is running, as the file is open in FSX and basically read only at that point.   Not sure what can be done about that, apart from either saving the flight and exiting the sim, replace the file, and resume saved flight.  If Active Sky or any other external program offers the feature I wonder if they would run into the same roadblock? 

Can someone from PMDG offer some insight as to whether wind data refreshes this can be looked into?

Try copying the new winds to a new .wx file than the one you originally loaded, and then name it something different. So if you started with CYULEGLL.wx, copy the new winds to a file named CYULEGLL1.wx. Then enter "CYULEGLL1" into the scratchpad, and press the wind data request button, followed by the EXEC button. That should load the winds from the CYULEGLL1.wx file and now your winds should be updated with the new data.

Note: I haven't tried this mid-flight, so it's possible there's an issue there, but I did just give it a shot on the ground and it looked to work without issue. This was with AS2012.

Hi Mike, thanks for the suggestion.  I'm not sure this is the most feasible solution, because if I was to create a new filename, I would have to erase/replace the existing route in the FMC and that can throw things out of balance, having to redo the sids,stars,etc.   That is just my first thought on this workaround.  But I do see in the FMC legs page there is no option to load a specific file, it reads the filename created initially that is connected to the original route.

can someone post some screenshot on how to do it the right please am strggleing on how to do it

It works easy with Opus so far.

One thing I don't understand, why isn't the forecast data request operative in the forecast page? This would seem like a similar system to me so I see no reason why it couldn't be modelled, same for the other stuff btw.

Arjen,

Are you entering your descent waypoints into Opus? Opus currently doesn't decode the waypoints of SIDs and STARs when you enter them by hand into the flightplan.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Arjen,

Are you entering your descent waypoints into Opus? Opus currently doesn't decode the waypoints of SIDs and STARs when you enter them by hand into the flightplan.

No, I didn't even know that was possible? How do I even predetermine what my descent waypoints are going to be? If I enter them, will the Forecast Data Request become operative? Because currently I can't click the option as it's greyed out on the FMC.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk