Sign in to follow this  
NGXfanatic

Winds uplink in the FMC

but the file .wx (PMDG Wind Uplink) can also be used with  MD-11 ?

I don't think so, no.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi, I'm interested on how to import winds uplink in 737 NGX using ASN or ASP4.

I haven't understand the correct method to import winds aloft in 737, can someone explain a step by step passages?

Maybe in the last version of NGX is this feature already available?

EDIT: no chanche for MD11 at all?

Many thanks,

Ric

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

1 hour ago, riccardo74 said:

Hi, I'm interested on how to import winds uplink in 737 NGX using ASN or ASP4.

I haven't understand the correct method to import winds aloft in 737, can someone explain a step by step passages?

Maybe in the last version of NGX is this feature already available?

EDIT: no chanche for MD11 at all?

Many thanks,

Ric

NGX does not support winds uplink currently. The only way to insert them is by hand.

No chance for MD11 as they ave said many times.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Are you sure Chris?

I recently bought NGX for P3Dv4 and in /PMDG/WX found a file called PMDG-WIND-DATA-REQUEST-readme.txt that explaisn how to import winds uplink.

Btw I noted a strange thing, that the file ICAO1ICAO2.wx is automatically created in this dir when I create a fp, I'll try to explain:

1) I open PFPX and create my fp, suppose LIPZLIRF and export for NGX (in its ....\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX) and for FSX or P3D format .pln to import in ASN or ASP4. Just now I'm using ASP4

2) I import LIPZLIRF.pln in ASP4 and going into Briefing tab section where I can see all winds aloft data required to create LIPZLIRF.wx file

3) Then when I was going to copy and paste section required as per PMDG-WIND-DATA-REQUEST-readme.txt I noted that file LIPZLIRF.wx was automatically been created.

So, who created this file? I suppose NGX extracting the correct section from LIPZLIRF.rte, don't think that PFPX or ASP4 can create it (also because I didn't specify any path for that dir).

Can someone solve the "mistery"?

I must confess I haven't been read the introduction manual of the latest version of NGX after purchased P3D4 version, I own also the FSX version but remember as you Chris that NGX can't import winds uplink.

If this is a new feature will be very appreciated, and it's a shame that we can't do the same for MD11 where route are longer than 737.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I am pretty sure unless I miss something (not in my FS PC currently).

If you have any other PMDG aircraft like 777 or 744 then this directory I believe is created from these planes as these support the wx uplink.  If you have only the NGX then maybe the backbone functionality has been implemented but the actual interface with the sim and the FMC is not there yet.

Chris Makris

I think you're right, infact I scroll all FMC pages but didn't find any winds import button. 

Just found now from .txt file in wx dir: "This folder exists to enable FMC WIND DATA REQUEST functionality, currently available in the
PMDG 777 product line.
"

Solved the mistery!

Btw, could PMDG improve NGX with this new feature?

Riccardo

Robert had said that they are planning to roll all 744 functionality back to the 777/ NGX. But there are no more details for this yet.

Chris Makris

Ok, many thanks.

Riccardo