Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PMDG 777 (module 1.5a - Aug 2020)

oh, and no, please do not assign function "test" :P

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question:

should we wait for the SDK or should we start to use a macro (even with macro not all functions are 100% accessible)

Functionnamings could stay the same, so even when get rid of a mcro one day, everybody could possibly keep the assignings ...

What do you think?

Who wants to do a macro? :P

Guenter Steiner

Thank-you so very much! With version 0.3 I am able to select the VOR-OFF-ADF sequence I wanted. To have this much functional so soon is incredible. I am so glad I bought the MCP Boeing II combo and even more glad to be a LINDA user/supporter.

Fantastic!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

> no, please do not assign function "test"....

:blush2:   Apologies, Günter, but I'm working long days at present. Unfortunately, I can't now edit the post to remove it.

But I'm hugely looking forward to vlying ("vlying" = virtual  flying, a new word for the simmer's vocabulary) the 777 with LINDA: thank you again!   :biggrin:

I guess the problem with macros is that they will need re-doing once SP1 is out. But if the 777 follows the same pattern as the NGX, hopefully we will not see as many versions in quick succession as, for example, the Majestic Q400?     :rolleyes:  

Cheers,

Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

In case nobody has already noticed: With v0.3 the MCP2 display isn't synced any more when changing values (SPD, HDG, ALT, VS) in FSX. With v0.2 it still worked on my side.

Thanks and rgds

Robert

Robert Budde
Visit FSXWX for a free and immersive weather engine!

I have not tried..... Will do later..... If so, hopefully 0.4 will be out before my next flight ;)

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Gunter/Artem:

Can you advise about display sync in 0.3? I can confirm it was working in 0.2........

Ta!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Is working here on my side ... anyone else?

Guenter Steiner

Yes you are wrong, the folder is empty.

Hi Andy,

if this folder is empty (I do not have the 777 yet) does PMDG say anything about it? In the same time the manual says that there can be found what we need.   :Thinking:  I will ask PMDG about it...

Cheers Tom

I am happy to report that 777 LINDA V 0.3 is working correctly on my system with data showing both ways- readout and knob manipulation.  Thanks for making it better and better!  I am very happy with the Vr Insight Boeing MCP II- but ONLY because of LINDA!  :)

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Here's a few simple Lua functions for the 777 to help manage those pesky speedbrake and parking brake toggles. I've linked these into three two-way switches on my 'hog throttle base, and I find that they make life easier — so I thought I'd share them. 

(Günter — please feel free to add them to your collection, if you so wish).  ^_^

-- function BC_777_set_parking_brake ()
-- function BC_777_release_parking_brake ()

-- function BC_777_arm_speedbrakes ()
-- function BC_777_disarm_speedbrakes ()

-- function BC_777_extend_speedbrakes ()
-- function BC_777_retract_speedbrakes ()

(Feel free to change the names to suit your own naming convention).   :wink:   Code below:

Cheers,

Brian

function BC_777_set_parking_brake ()
-- only toggle if parking brake is released
  if ipc.readLvar('switch_515_a') == 0 then
    ipc.control(65752, 0) 
  end
end

function BC_777_release_parking_brake ()
-- only toggle if parking brake is set
   if ipc.readLvar('switch_515_a') == 100 then
     ipc.control(65752, 0)
   end
end

function BC_777_arm_speedbrakes ()
-- only toggle if fully retracted
  if ipc.readLvar('switch_498_a') == 0 then
    ipc.control(65853, 0) 
  end
end

function BC_777_disarm_speedbrakes ()
-- only toggle if currently armed
   if ipc.readLvar('switch_498_a') == 100 then
    ipc.control(65853, 0) 
   end
end

function BC_777_extend_speedbrakes ()
-- only toggle if fully retracted
  if ipc.readLvar('switch_498_a') == 0 then
    ipc.control(65589, 0) 
  end
end

function BC_777_retract_speedbrakes ()
-- only toggle if fully extended
   if ipc.readLvar('switch_498_a') == 400 then
    ipc.control(65589, 0)  
   end
end

You can assign the Spoilers to an axis and they work exactly the same as default aircraft, just do not calibrate the axis or it won't work. To reverse the axis if you need to add ",*-1" (without the quotes) to the end of the line where your spoiler axis is defined in the FSUIPC4.ini, the control code for the spoiler axis is 66382, look through your 777 Axes section for that number and add it there.

As an example here is what mine looks like;

3=QY,256,F,66382,0,0,0,*-1

Cheers, Andy.

I've been having zero success in tracing the push of the speed knob (to open the speed intervention window, or whatever it's called on a 777).    :wink:

Has anyone had any better luck?

Cheers,

Brian