Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PMDG 777 (module 1.5a - Aug 2020)

Hello,

I'm not the 100% 777 professional (and haven't it installed since a time now as I use P3D) but as far as I remember, you set the frequencies in the FMC via typing it in the FMC. I do not know if an input with the "normal VC" Radios is possible? have you tried that?

If you are unsure, simply leave off your Combo, when you start the 777 (off before(!) starting the flightsim) and try. Then you could see, if the Combo really affects anything. I would say it does not.

I really can't say, but I doubt that it would be possible with VRInsight software later ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm working from memory here so it will be a little fuzzy as I haven't used the 777 since about two months after its launch as it bores me silly, it's far too automated for my liking, but the problem with the radios is due to a setting in the FMC options on the PMDG 777, if you look through one of the menu's you will see some mention of the Radio's and failures if I remember correctly, I seem to remember you need to set this option to "never" so that external hardware like the VRi MCPs can ALWAYS control the radios at all times. There are still some limitations in the radios but setting that option correctly fixes most other problems mentioned.

The above is true regardless of whether you are using LINDA or VRiSim.

Cheers, Andy.

Big thanks to guenseli and Andy for your solutions. Problem solved. Thanks x 20000

• Upvote 1

Hey Guys Thanks for this program.

I have a problem.When i bind the function from Linda as strobe on/off, nothing happens in the sim...Any ideas ?

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Incidentally (as a follow-up to the above post), when I was at the Flight Sim 2013 show a few weeks ago (it was held at the RAF Museum at Cosford — what a great venue!) I picked up a Saitek Pro panel, now that Artem has kindly made the functionality available to us via LINDA. So this morning I had a look at the latest LINDA 777 v0.5 functions to try and decide what I wanted to do with it.

In the end I gave up looking for something original, and decided that the most logical choice would be to use the switches for 777 lights, so that some of the existing panel markings could be retained. The gear up / gear down switch is too nicely modelled to use it for anything else, and that just left the rather VFR-oriented rotary switch. I would have liked to have used it for autobrakes, but it has far too few positions. There's not enough positions for the flaps, either, but in the absence of anything else I wrote some extremely inelegant LUA code to utilise it for that — well, for the most common flap positions that I use, anyway. That will have to suffice until I think of something else.    B)  

The landing gear lights are illuminated green continuously whilst the gear is down, but on moving the switch up the lights turn red, and then are extinguished once the gear is fully retracted. I have yet to test what happens in the event of a failure, but Artem seems confident that it will work appropriately then, too, and I'm sure he's right.   ^_^

So here's a diagram of the unit as I have set it up:

k0jj.jpg

In case it helps anyone that's new to all this, the assignments within LINDA were as follows:

qx6u.jpg

Huge thanks, as ever, to Günter and Artem for this fabulous utility!    :clapping:

Cheers,

Brian

Hello Brian,

I bought the Saitek switch panel last week and, using LINDA, have managed to assign all the rocker switches without any problem for the PMDG T7. The gear up/down + gear lighting works just fine too.

Like you, I would like to assign the rotary switches to the flaps but have no idea how to do so.  In the diagram above, I see buttons 14-18 have BC Saitek roatry 1-5 assigned on press but from then on I'm lost at how you managed to assign flaps. I would be very grateful if you could offer a step by step explanation to someone who is completely unfamiliar with LUA scripting.

Thanks in advance,

Here you can download the LINDA aircraft module for the PMDG 777 (module version 0.5)

Installation notes:

•  
  • Download and unzip it and place the two folders into: */Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Modules
  •  
  • Say "yes" if he'd like to overwrite anything
  •  
  • Your current Combo settings wouldn't be overwritten, but you find in Modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/PMDG 777 files named *.default. name them to *.lua to use them.
  • Take care, that PMDG777.MCRO is also added to your modules folder!
  •  

This module is just a first round, including:

This module version 0.2 includes:

- Capt EFIS

- MCP

- external lights

- internal lights

- Spoilers arm

- TCAS

- engine idle/off

- APU

- master warn, GS inhibit

more to come (hopefully)...

www.fs-linda.com/downloads/modules/PMDG_777_v0_5.zip

0.2 --> 0.3

added toggle Checklist - Stat Display

added ADF VOR inc/dec

0.3 --> 0.4

added PMDG777 macro

packs

ADIRU

Hydraulic switches and rotaries

external power switches

engine start

bugfixes

0.4 --> 0.5

Added CDUs (thanks to Emile Bax)

added several CDU functions like opening doors, ground connection etc

Thanks for sharing that with us !

Have a nice flight.

Hallo 777 pilots,

today a by the PMDG 777.

The Module .05 is not working for me.

I use the mcp1. my 737ngx is working wery well.

thanks Frank from EDDM

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Hallo 777 pilots,

today a by the PMDG 777.

The Module .05 is not working for me.

I use the mcp1. my 737ngx is working wery well.

thanks Frank from EDDM

I was about to said that Frank, I just updated my PMDG 777 SP1 as well too bad now my Saitek Switch Panel won't work, May be we have to install again? Any help?

THX, Cheers

It was working fine for me when I tested it with the MCP2 Combo with the 777 SP1 this morning. I've since uninstalled the 777 though as the frame rate is even worse now for me and I'm sick to death with OOM's every 30 minutes. I hardly ever used it anyway so it's no loss to me.

Cheers, Andy.

hello together,

I fly PMDG 777 and would like to build me a mcp autopilot

I have the complete sdk PMDG 777 can anyone programieren for linda?

I would like the USB modules Arcaze use :-) is it possible?

best regards Herbert

After updating PMDG 777 to SP1 and while flying the 77W i noticed that all buttons i assigned earlier are still working (thrustmaster hotas warthog) but only 2 buttons switch doesn't work which is the PMDG ENG START switch for L and R. Any ideas?

Thanks

Swadeep

hi guys,

I have the PMDG 777 with serviepack1

I have the complete sdk for the PMDG 777 where can I post?

I want to run with my linda Arcaze USB modules ..

does it work?

Best regards herbert

Hi kannschonsein

You are best using the AVSIM library and placing a link here.

As far as Arcaze USB modules are concerned, they are not compatible with LINDA unless you write your own LUA functions to interface with them.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi guys, while the SDK for the PMDG777 is released, I wonder if the version 1.0 will be released sooner or later please? Thanks a lot.