Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PMDG 777 (module 1.5a - Aug 2020)

Hi Pierre

thank you SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It works!!!!

Really happy now....

I made a backup of your file so I will never loose it....

thank you so much again......

regards

Rene

Pierre, Rene,

The actions.lua file contains the function

function PMDG_AP_SPD_show ()

ipc.sleep(50)

ngx_spd = ipc.readLvar("L:ngx_SPDwindow")

if ngx_spd < 0 then ngx_spd = 0 end

DspSPD(ngx_spd)

end

If you are using this function it would be helpful to know if it works for you when the 777 speed window displays mach #.  If it does, than I have some type of unique problem to debug because, as mentioned above, I find ngx_spd is always equal to 1 when the speed window displays mach # (works fine with knots in the speed window).   I don't have this problem with the 737NGX, however, so I'm trying to isolate the problem. If others find that ipc.readLvar("L:ngx_SPDwindow") =1 when the 777 speed window displays mach# than I can at least stop beating my poor head against the wall trying to find some type of strange error.   :)

Thx,

Al 

Anyone got this working with Prepar3d version of the 777?

Thank you Pierre, that will be a big help.

Al

Al,

I made the test and i have also 1 displayed on the MCP when in Mach speed.

But i have it for the 777 and the 737 NGX.

For you it seems correct for the 737 NGX.  Can you confirm that ? because i read the code and it is the same.

I think 1 is displayed because it is an integer value rounded but i am not sure of that, i am not a developer.

Michel

Michel Veréb

Michel,

Thanks for the info.

Yes, I am able to read the 737NGX speed window mach value correctly.

If you want to try something, here is a little bare bones Lua test program. If you put the program in the modules folder and assign a keypress to the program with FSUIPC it will display the speed window value on the screen (on the green bar) for 3 seconds with each keypress. For the 737NGX, I am able to get both knots and mach# (decimal value) with this program, but always just a 1 for mach# with the 777.

Thanks again for the help,

Al

--Test Program:   WindowSPD.Lua

winSPD=ipc.readLvar("L:ngx_SPDwindow")

ipc.sleep(20)

ipc.writeSTR(0x3380, winSPD)

ipc.sleep(20)

ipc.writeSW(0x32FA,3)

Al

I have the same result as you showing the ngx_SPDwindow variable

Result is 1 for the 777 and 0.8.. for the 737ngx

I dont know how to resolve this

Michel

Michel Veréb

Yes, as I’m finding out, the 777 is certainly quite different than the 737NGX despite the similarity of the action.lua files. Over the past few months I’ve been updating a program (set of Lua scripts) I wrote called NpC (NumPad Control; in the AVSIM library) which allows the user to enter values like radio freqs, heading, course, VS, altitude, and speed, etc, using the keyboard numberpad vice using mouse click spots. NpC was mainly aimed at default FSX aircraft, but using the control information in the LINDA action.lua files I’ve been able to extend NpC to include my Flight1 KA B200 and PMDG 737NGX. Most recently I’ve been trying to modify NpC again for a friend who has the 777. While we have been able to get most of the NpC functions to work with the 777, setting Nav info (apparently Nav freqs and VOR courses are only accessible through the FMC) and the mach speed have not worked, which eventually led us to discover the issue above with ngx_SPDwindow.  I appreciate your help in verifying the ngx_SPDwindow "mach problem" is common to other 777 installations.  The 777 seems a lot more complex and automated than the 737NGX so I guess it is not surprising that there are some different variables and behaviors despite the commonality of many Lvars.  Sure hope the impending update to the 737NGX just announced by PMDG doesn’t change any of those Lvars.

Thx,

Al

Hi everyone,

I have purcased PMDG 777 Prepar3dv2 Version.

I have problems with my Saitek Multi Panel to work with the 777.

For example AP engage works fine. But Buttons like HDG Select or App dont work with this Module.

Someone same issus with the Prepar3d 777 Version ?

Greets

Manuel

Hi Manuel

LINDA is not compatible with the Saitek Multi Panel at present. It cannot output to the displays.  Keep a look out for the next version.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Thank you for all your hard work, but I have one bug on the original Vrinsight mcp on the screen between spd and HDG  where the vs shows it keeps flashing, i can make out just  F on the top and G on bottom the tx flashes in time with this flash but i cannot locate whats causing it ?

Regards

Wazza

The F and G are the flap and gear positions. With the original MCP which version of LINDA are you using?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew