Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PMDG 777 (module 1.5a - Aug 2020)

Hmmm ... try to make an empty file just named config-mcp.lua with editor.

maybe that helps?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Tom

Sorry to hear about the problem you are having. The good news is that is not a virus/anti-virus problem. It is a pointer coding error that can only be found when it happens. Am I correct in assuming that you have the original MCP panel? Little testing has been carried out with this panel because few still have it.

To help me with diagnosis can you detail what you were trying to do and how? Were you just changing one button or several? Was this the first time you with using LINDA or the new LINDA 2.5? Can you look in \fsx\modules\linda-cfg\pmdg 777\ and tell me what config-MCP.lua files you see? How many do you have date/time stamps? Ignore any config-mcp2 or 2a ones. Please PM me a copy of the config-mcp.lua file.

You can get back the previous 'working' configuration by copying and renaming the oldest date/time stamped config-mcp.lua files.

Regards

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Tom

Sorry to hear about the problem you are having. The good news is that is not a virus/anti-virus problem. It is a pointer coding error that can only be found when it happens. Am I correct in assuming that you have the original MCP panel? Little testing has been carried out with this panel because few still have it.

To help me with diagnosis can you detail what you were trying to do and how?

I use the VRI MCP1

Were you just changing one button or several?

I installed Linda 2.5 and the latest B777 module as usual. If I do not do any new configuration, only the two default configs are in the folder (mcp and mcp2), I get this console messages:

[E] LUA.0:  ---> ERROR:: MCP configs not found for current aircraft!linda-cfg/aircrafts/PMDG 777/config-mcp

[E] *** LUA Error: F:\FSX\modules\linda/system/common.lua:31: attempt to index local 'actions' (a nil value)

Was this the first time you with using LINDA or the new LINDA 2.5?

Yes til now i tried no other plane.

Can you look in \fsx\modules\linda-cfg\pmdg 777\ and tell me what config-MCP.lua files you see?

Till now there is no other config file the the default - as soon as I start to configure I get for each save a new config-mcp.lua file with time stamp.

How many do you have date/time stamps? Ignore any config-mcp2 or 2a ones. Please PM me a copy of the config-mcp.lua file.

I did send the file

You can get back the previous 'working' configuration by copying and renaming the oldest date/time stamped config-mcp.lua files.

No I get this message:

[E] *** LUA Error: error loading module 'linda-cfg/aircrafts/PMDG 777/config-mcp' from file 'F:\FSX\modules\linda-cfg/aircrafts/PMDG 777/config-mcp.lua':

Thnx Tom

Hi Tom

Thanks for the detailed report and sending me the config-mcp.lua file. The config file you sent is correctly formatted and I note that: you have added several Macros and user button 6 from VRI_MCP_MODE_toggle to VRI_EFIS_MODE_toggle.

Each aircraft config folder will start with at least 2 config-mcp*.default (where * = '' or '2').  On the first load with the MCP, it should create a new config-mcp.lua.  When the configuration is edited, it should date/time stamp the original and save a new config-mcp.lua.  If you are seeing only a date/time stamped version, then there is a fault. Try making a copy of the config-mcp.default and renaming it config-mcp.lua.  Restart FSX and LINDA 2.5 and report the results.  Don't make any changes to any functions.

Regards

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Tom

Thanks for the detailed report and sending me the config-mcp.lua file. The config file you sent is correctly formatted and I note that: you have added several Macros and user button 6 from VRI_MCP_MODE_toggle to VRI_EFIS_MODE_toggle.

Each aircraft config folder will start with at least 2 config-mcp*.default (where * = '' or '2').  On the first load with the MCP, it should create a new config-mcp.lua.  When the configuration is edited, it should date/time stamp the original and save a new config-mcp.lua.  If you are seeing only a date/time stamped version, then there is a fault. Try making a copy of the config-mcp.default and renaming it config-mcp.lua.  Restart FSX and LINDA 2.5 and report the results.  Don't make any changes to any functions.

Regards

Andrew

I was not clear - each new save in the cfg it make a new cfg mithe timestamp

I found there was a syntax fault in the file I did sent you

after the Radios section there was no closing } in line 623 - now syntax is fine

changing this didi not help really

Try making a copy of the config-mcp.default and renaming it config-mcp.lua.  Restart FSX and LINDA 2.5 and report the results.  Don't make any changes to any functions.

I did this for the moment no error message in the console - but if I go to the user modes I get the same violation problem. And I forgot to mention I do not have any display function beteween SPD and HDG on the MCP. This was why I mentioned the problem at first.

If I roll back to my previous Linda version 1.1.3. I can get back everything to work.

Somewhere here must be a fault...

Thnx Tom

Hi Tom

You must have been one of the first to download LINDA 2.5. There was a fault in the _radios1.txt template file with a missing }. This was corrected as it would reintroduce the } error on each save.  Can you download and reinstall 2.5 again please?  It should also correct the SPD/HDG fault.

Regards

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Tom

You must have been one of the first to download LINDA 2.5. There was a fault in the _radios1.txt template file with a missing }. This was corrected as it would reintroduce the } error on each save.  Can you download and reinstall 2.5 again please?  It should also correct the SPD/HDG fault.

Regards

Andrew

Hi Anrew I did this today :-(

I installed Linda 2.5 after a fresh DL but still the same problem. :-(

Thnx Tom

Hi Tom

Can you place attached _radio1.txt into \fsx\modules\linda\data\templates\ ?

It includes the missing } .

Andrew

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9205114/_radios1.txt

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Let me have a think!

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Of course

As I can go back to the previous version - there is no hurry :-)

Thnx anyway Tom

Let me have a think!

Do you have still no idea what can cause the problem?

Thnx Tom

Hi Tom

The error is a missing } in the _radios1.txt file in /modules/linda/data/templates/ .  This file is used every time a configuration is changed/saved, with others, to create the save config-mcp.lua file in 

The correct file contents for MCP are:

-- ############################################### --

-- ## {NAME}

-- RADIOS block buttons and switches
RADIOS{MODE} = {
["COM1 Select"] = {COMsel1}  ,
["COM2 Select"] = {COMsel2}  ,
["COM1 Swap"] = {COMswp1}  ,
["COM2 Swap"] = {COMswp2}  ,
["COMs Mode"] = {COMmode}  ,

["NAV1 Select"] = {NAVsel1}  ,
["NAV2 Select"] = {NAVsel2}  ,
["NAV1 Swap"] = {NAVswp1}  ,
["NAV2 Swap"] = {NAVswp2}  ,
["NAVs Mode"] = {NAVmode}  ,

["ADF1 Select"] = {ADFsel1}  ,
["ADF2 Select"] = {ADFsel2}  ,
["ADFs Mode"] = {ADFmode}  ,

["DME1 Select"] = {DMEsel1}  ,
["DME2 Select"] = {DMEsel2}  ,
["DMEs Mode"] = {DMEmode}  ,

["XPND Select"] = {XPNDsel1}  ,
["XPND Swap"] = {XPNDsel2}  ,
["XPND Mode"] = {XPNDmode}  ,
}

DME1 = {
["A  +"]   = Default_RADIOS_plus  ,
["A ++"]   = Default_RADIOS_plusfast  ,
["A  -"]   = Default_RADIOS_minus  ,
["A --"]   = Default_RADIOS_minusfast,
["PRESS"]   = Default_RADIOS_press  ,
}

FRE1 = {
["A --"]   = Default_RADIOS_minusfast  ,
}

You will see that a } closes each of the 3 blocks (RADIOS, DME1 & FRE1). The labels inside the {} (ie. {XPNDmode}) are replaced with the functions/commands you enter in LINDA for the saved configuration file. 

From your feedback, the above is what has been released and you are using.

Regards

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Tom

The error is a missing } in the _radios1.txt file in /modules/linda/data/templates/ .  This file is used every time a configuration is changed/saved, with others, to create the save config-mcp.lua file in 

The correct file contents for MCP are:

-- ## {NAME}

-- RADIOS block buttons and switches
RADIOS{MODE} = {
["COM1 Select"] = {COMsel1}  ,
["COM2 Select"] = {COMsel2}  ,
["COM1 Swap"] = {COMswp1}  ,
["COM2 Swap"] = {COMswp2}  ,
["COMs Mode"] = {COMmode}  ,

["NAV1 Select"] = {NAVsel1}  ,
["NAV2 Select"] = {NAVsel2}  ,
["NAV1 Swap"] = {NAVswp1}  ,
["NAV2 Swap"] = {NAVswp2}  ,
["NAVs Mode"] = {NAVmode}  ,

["ADF1 Select"] = {ADFsel1}  ,
["ADF2 Select"] = {ADFsel2}  ,
["ADFs Mode"] = {ADFmode}  ,

["DME1 Select"] = {DMEsel1}  ,
["DME2 Select"] = {DMEsel2}  ,
["DMEs Mode"] = {DMEmode}  ,

["XPND Select"] = {XPNDsel1}  ,
["XPND Swap"] = {XPNDsel2}  ,
["XPND Mode"] = {XPNDmode}  ,
}

DME1 = {
["A --"]   = Default_RADIOS_minusfast,
}

FRE1 = {
["A --"]   = Default_RADIOS_minusfast  ,
}

You will see that a } closes each of the 3 blocks (RADIOS, DME1 & FRE1). The labels inside the {} (ie. {XPNDmode}) are replaced with the functions/commands you enter in LINDA for the saved configuration file. 

From your feedback, the above is what has been released and you are using.

Regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I did a fresh download, change the texfile in Linda/DATA/Templates but I have still exactly the same problem as described before. The old version 1.1.3. is working fine.

Thnx Tom

Sorry if the answer is burried in these 10 pages of posts, however, I cannot get my EFIS panel to work and I wonder if everyone else is having the same issues.  MCP and COM work fine.  I have the MCP II Boeing Panel.  thanks,

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000