Sign in to follow this  
joona_

Constant freezing in flight with 777

I get this freezing that PMDG mentioned in the release notes.txt. I have no problem at ground but in the air my FSX freezes for ~5 seconds 1-2 times per minute and it happens constantly. I have no idea what is causing this but obviously I'm not able to fly with this thing. In release notes they mentioned freezing for 30 seconds but mine lasts only around 5 seconds at a time. :(

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have this problem in-flight but I also have a problem that only occurs on final approach when FSX freezes and cannot be recovered.

is your VA ACARS system saving your aircraft position for resuming flights? I know that DVA does that and had to disable it. 

It seems to be working now. Looks like that I had not deleted the FSUIPC.ini. I thought I had but apparently I had not. I'll keep looking.

Joona Väisänen

I have the same problem also. I have shut things down one by one including FScom, REX, and no ACARS running. Its a consistent pause 1-2 sec then it just keeps happening. Frame rates are good syst good have FSX tweaked according to the manual.

I don't have these short pauses so far but I have had an unrecoverable freeze that I haven't had in a very very long time.  In fact, last time I got this was on my old system.

Hope to see a fix soon to any issues.

I installed the latest Nvidia drivers and removed the FSUIPC.ini and configured it again and I haven't had a single freeze since that. I bet on the FSUIPC, though I can't confirm or deny a driver issue. I also just installed the enbseries mod back to my FSX and have no issues with that.

Joona Väisänen

i have the same issue only with 777, stutters every 5 secs, done all the recommended in the docs and above but made no difference.

i have the same issue only with 777, stutters every 5 secs, done all the recommended in the docs and above but made no difference.

What kind of stutters? Do you mean like when the fps is changing rapidly and it creates stutter? Clearly the removal of fsuipc.ini file solved my issue with freezing but then again, I didn't have any stutter. Smooth as hell.

Joona Väisänen

What kind of stutters? Do you mean like when the fps is changing rapidly and it creates stutter? Clearly the removal of fsuipc.ini file solved my issue with freezing but then again, I didn't have any stutter. Smooth as hell.

Sorry perhaps my use of stutters is not the most accurate, everything freezes every 5 secs for around 1 sec.  Strange thing is it only happens with the 777, i fired up the ngx and smooth as silk.  I have seen a few posts now with others reporting sim issues, what's other people option here?  Prob with the 777 and its need a fix or do we need to tweak our systems more to be able to run the 777?

Sorry perhaps my use of stutters is not the most accurate, everything freezes every 5 secs for around 1 sec.  Strange thing is it only happens with the 777, i fired up the ngx and smooth as silk.  I have seen a few posts now with others reporting sim issues, what's other people option here?  Prob with the 777 and its need a fix or do we need to tweak our systems more to be able to run the 777?

You didn't mention if you tried deleting the ini file. It can be found at FSX\Modules folder.

Joona Väisänen

You didn't mention if you tried deleting the ini file. It can be found at FSX\Modules folder.

yes sorry i have tried all tips in the intro doc but nothing seems to help.  Might have to log a support ticket.

just an update

i uninstalled all fsx addons and fsx, fresh fsx install and the problem seems to be gone now.

I'm still having the same problem... I've gone as far as reloading a fresh copy of everything...still no fix...

This happens in all pmdg aircraft. I'm using windows 7, ASN, ACARS v3, and VPilot. Any pmdg aircraft, it freezes and I have to shutdown fsx and reload it. Intermittently I'm getting a sim connect error, I think I have fixed that, but I'm still getting the freezing. ACARS and FSUIPC are not saving the flights (tried that already).