Sign in to follow this  
N125DL

Can't install - unable to locate FSX.exe

Hello,

I can't install the 777 because the installer tells me

"unable to locate fsx.exe. Unable to install."

I fixed the registry entry (both using tools and thereafter manually), reinstalled FSX, opening the installer in admin-mode.

Since the 777 doesn't work with Prepar3d (without any notice on the product page!) and I had to "downgrade" to FSX to use the bird, I'm getting quiet annoyed that it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks for help in advance!

My Windows has the latest updated installed, as recommended on the PMDG support page..

Anyone exprienced similar issues?

Since the 777 doesn't work with Prepar3d (without any notice on the product page!) and I had to "downgrade" to FSX to use the bird, I'm getting quiet annoyed that it still doesn't work.

Honestly, it's probably because you have both installed on your system.  It's not meant for personal use anyway...

...but in an effort to help, use this:

http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe

Kyle Rodgers

...Since the 777 doesn't work with Prepar3d (without any notice on the product page!) ...

You mean this notice?

• This is an FSX ONLY product.
  • This package is required to use any of the PMDG 777 series products.
  • You must have Flight Simulator X to install this product.

Thank you Kyle, however, neither the Flight1 nor the FStweak tool helped, and taking a look inside the registry it seems everything is the way it should be.

You mean this notice?

Prepar3d is based on FSX code and most FSX-addons are compatible with it, so I think it would be little effort to specifically point out that there's a software lock to prevent use of the T7 in Prepar3d.

Arguing with people trying to help you is not going to work man. You know that it didn't work with P3D (and if you didn't you didn't read the product page properly), so don't argue about it.

There are very explicit statements that say this is an FSX product and that you must have FSX. If you had FSX you would not have had this problem.

Prepar3D is not FSX any more then the train and ship simulators are FSX, even though they are also based on the same codebase.

Kindly try to disable your Anti-virus program and run the installer as an Admin from your main partition (and/or from inside your fsx main dir).

Prepar3d is based on FSX code and most FSX-addons are compatible with it, so I think it would be little effort to specifically point out that there's a software lock to prevent use of the T7 in Prepar3d.

If you go back to the product page, it states at least 4 times "for FSX."

It does not say "for FSX/Prepar3D," like all the other developers do.  Why?  Because it won't work in Prepar3D.  Microsoft Office 2010 doesn't have a warning that says "doesn't work on Mac!"  It only says "for Windows [version #]."

Kyle Rodgers