Sign in to follow this  
Mroberts95

PFPX and PMDG 777 Winds

Is it possible to export wind data from PFPX to Pmdg 777 ?and if so how?

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

Froogle sim had a trick for exporting winds to the 777, can't remember if it was PFPX. Just go to his channel and look at his 777 part 1 video.

Is it possible to export wind data from PFPX to Pmdg 777 ?

Possible?  Yes.

Something you'd want to do manually? No.

Kyle Rodgers

On a long haul flight, say from Heathrow to Tokyo - a wind input at every point is not required. I found it can change your expected landing fuel by 500kg maximum. Put winds in every couple 200nm or so and for every level change - works like a charm. Maybe someone will come out with something, but for now manual entries work fine... Or of course you can use the method shown in the WX folder - which is located in FSX main folder>PMDG>WX. Ryan put out great instructions.

hi,

Well actually i followed the exact steps but always when requesting winds FMC is displaying invalid entry:

.WX file name EGKKEHAM02.wx (Attached) and route name is EGKKEHAM02.rte

attached is my .wx file . *(changed the extention to .txt so as to be able to upload)

and the coroute has the same name and is in the correct location: D:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777 (attached is also the co route change to from .rte to txt to upload)

using pfpx as flight planner and active sky 2012

thanks

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Try to rename your wind file to test.wx

Go to FMC winds and on scratch pad right wx and presee the wind request. Does it work?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

I can see a situation where people who have windows not enabled to show file extensions, when someone names a text file test.wx it really is test.wx.txt and the fmc wont find it. Just a guess by me though.

Try to rename your wind file to test.wx

Go to FMC winds and on scratch pad right wx and presee the wind request. Does it work?

nope renaming to test.wx didnt solve the pb

I can see a situation where people who have windows not enabled to show file extensions, when someone names a text file test.wx it really is test.wx.txt and the fmc wont find it. Just a guess by me though.

are you pointing to me. if so wrong assumption :)

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

I have tried your file and indeed it does not load. However I tried another longer flight I had and worked fine. There is a chance it does not load due to short duration of flight. can you try with a longer GP like EGKK/LGAV or EGKK/VRMM and see there?

Chris Makris

I have tried your file and indeed it does not load. However I tried another longer flight I had and worked fine. There is a chance it does not load due to short duration of flight. can you try with a longer GP like EGKK/LGAV or EGKK/VRMM and see there?

thanks i will try now and will let you know

actually tried both but still same problem. always giving me invalid data. could you please load a working .rte with a wx.file so as to check if it works from my side ?

thank you

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

I too worked on this with two flights both not working, loading the wind data.  One was DFW-DBX witch had NAT programmed in its path, AS2012 had wind forecasted for the plan at all the checkpoints included the NAT but failed to load the data.

I thought maybe it was the NAT so I made a flight SFO-ORD and got the same 'invaild data' I beleive it was error on the CDU.

All my files are the same name ecept for the exention, two examples below.

No SID-STAR programmed in these routes,

KSFOKORD.rte

KSFOKORD.pln

KSFOKORD.wx

UAE222.rte

UAE222.pln

UAE222.wx

Guys,

Try these files attached. I have tested and is working OK

1)On RTE page I put on origin EGKK
2) Press Route Request a new FMC window with all saved route from EGKK will load. Select EGKKLGAV Execute
3) Activate the Route
4) Go to LEGS -> RTE Data -> Wind data REQUEST and EXEC
5) You will have a capital W in each waypoint and if you press LS5R which in my case was DIK you will see all weather data

Chris Makris

Guys,

Try these files attached. I have tested and is working OK

1)On RTE page I put on origin EGKK

2) Press Route Request a new FMC window with all saved route from EGKK will load. Select EGKKLGAV Execute

3) Activate the Route

4) Go to LEGS -> RTE Data -> Wind data REQUEST and EXEC

5) You will have a capital W in each waypoint and if you press LS5R which in my case was DIK you will see all weather data

thank you for the files. as discussed should be the flight name without any additional numbers

once again really appreciated + 10000000000

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

Just attempted with the provided info and same CDU error. EGKKEHAM02.rte in the PMDG/Flightplan folder and EGKKEHAM02.wx in the PMDG/WX folder.

2013-9-5_7-16-53-843.png

Don't put the 02. Just put EGKKEHAM.wx and EGKKEHAM.rte

It is written on the txt on the PMDG/WX folder.

Chris Makris