Sign in to follow this  
Ted Striker

Do the ORBX regional sceneries and airports have uninstallers?

A lot of fsx addons doesnt have an uninstaller and I think the reason why is because you simple have to just uncheck the airport or scenery from the scenery library and then delete. Its as easy as that.

When I hear people asking about an uninstaller I chuckle because once I install a scenery it stays on until I do a format and clean install of everything lol

And Orbx is not the only developer that changes files. I just install some sceneryTech land class and it also will modify the lookup file that everyone is talking about. I just uncheck and proceed

When I hear people asking about an uninstaller I chuckle because once I install a scenery it stays on until I do a format and clean install of everything lol

Well there are times that unistalling a scenery might be neccesery to fix up some issues(whithout having to reinstall everything).

I have a laugh the day when I hear that you uninstalled everything to fix an issue while you would only have to uninstall e.g lets say 1 airport scenery.. Those who laugh last laughs the best ^_^

Well there are times that unistalling a scenery might be neccesery to fix up some issues(whithout having to reinstall everything).

I have a laugh the day when I hear that you uninstalled everything to fix an issue while you would only have to uninstall e.g lets say 1 airport scenery.. Those who laugh last laughs the best ^_^

That will never happy my friend lol. Like I mentioned in another thread before I install any new addon I create a restore point just incase, so I can go back. The other day my system was working fine, then I install accu feel and then fsx would crash when I clicked fly now. Turns out that a dX dll was the problem. A simple restore and I was good to go again :lol:

I'm not saying an uninstaller is bad, its just not necessary with some of the addons especially scenery which can be easily removed from the scenery library

When asked how to uninstall ORBX are always happy to assist with getting you through the process.

Nothing evil about it.  There are countless topics on the ORBX forums from customers needing to uninstall for various reasons.

They are only too happy to help.

A simple restore and I was good to go again

You mean the windows restore function?

I'm not saying an uninstaller is bad, its just not necessary with some of the addons especially scenery which can be easily removed from the scenery library

Me neither, and I don't see a problem with not having it, but I don't chuckle  at people who want them, because not everyone is comfortable with manual deleting.(allthough everyone into FSX sooner or later have to dig into the sim, edit cfg files etc etc)

Ok. I have tried the restore function several times but FSX on my system have never liked it, it actually screws up my FSX setup so much that a reinstall is inevitable. :mellow: I will never use that function again trying to fix FSX. Now I rather try to find out what causing the issue and then manually delete(or use a uninstaller if available) for the addon that causes issues..

It's pretty easy to disable it. Faster than it takes to type this.

I'm considering getting ORBX PNW and some of their airports. After all the discussion about the release of FTX Global without an uninstaller I've got to ask: Do the ORBX PNW and ORBX airport software packs come with uninstallers?  I've done a search of this website and a google net search and could not find an answer.

Ted

It may be better for you to get the demo first.

Not sure if how many of my FSX addons (Orbx and Non Orbx) came with uninstallers. But yeah would be good if all addons came with uninstallers.

I have orbx PNW . I can easily enable/ disable the scenery via FTX central.  

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Ok. I have tried the restore function several times but FSX on my system have never liked it, it actually screws up my FSX setup so much that a reinstall is inevitable. :mellow: I will never use that function again trying to fix FSX. Now I rather try to find out what causing the issue and then manually delete(or use a uninstaller if available) for the addon that causes issues..

Are you running windows 7? I'm using windows 8 and the restore function is supposedly better. I have FSX installed on the d drive and that is also included in the restore point along with the c drive which has windows. So far this feature has never failed me yet

Another thing I do is once windows is installed and activated with all the updates I create an image of the partition so if I have to reformat I can just re-image the hdd with windows and all updates

Im running Windows 7 64bit, so yes that could be the reason it's not working for me..