Sign in to follow this  
captainsazzman

777 Performance Manger

Any word on a performance manager like that on the NGX? I would like to supress the external model cabin and change the VC displays/Texture quality

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

+1 for a performance manager.

FPS is lower than the NGX and for me it kinda ruins the experiences sometimes. I might be spoiled but I want to have a consistent 30 FPS which I can only achieve in the NGX.

So yes, an option to change the resolution would be great because this thing is currently taking even the best systems to their knees. Just look at how many people already suddenly now experiencing OOMs, this thing is just a tad too complex for what FSX was originally designed for.

Same. Would be the first time I would have to use one, but as this plane kills my fsx for some reason, I would love that as a future option.

Is it possible to make the cabin not load? Or is it part of the model. I only use the VC, and vary rarely, only when taking a cool screenshot actually look all around the plane anyway.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

It already exists. It's in the CDU options.

If you read the introduction PDF it tells you about all the various options.

No ooms or bad fps here. Must be your system. It's no more complex than the 737ngx. The performance manager for the 737ngx doesn't really help much. I don't imagine it would help all that much for the 777. If you're having serious fps issues with the 777 something else is wrong.

I've already tinkered with that, but what we're talking about is what came with a Service Pack for the NGX which allowd the resolution of the Virtual Cockpit to be turned down, which for me, VASTLY improved performance (even on my high end card).

I'll go back and try out the 737 low res vc textures but I don't recall it really making a difference.

Is it possible to make the cabin not load? Or is it part of the model. I only use the VC, and vary rarely, only when taking a cool screenshot actually look all around the plane anyway.

The cabin only loads with an external view, if you only use the VC, disabling it won't change anything. Try moving outside the VC sometime, kind of a cool view and it'll show you just how little outside of the VC is loaded (basically nothing).

I've manually reduced textures of Virtual Cockpit with Photoshop and DTX Plugin and resized them from 1024 to 512 px. The frame rate is impressive better (in my system...).

I've noted virtually stutter during takeoff and landings and sometimes during taxi with framerate that goes down to 19-20 and return to 30 after TOFF. With NGX, 744 and MD11 this ""problem"" didn't occur.

To my mind it should be something in the virtual cockpit that disturb (eg some kind of calculation or a texture) that cause this problem! 

I'm sure that PMDG will investigate and resolve!

Read it , you're not getting us lol. We're talking about that mini program that came with NGX that allows us to change quality of vc model, texture and displays quality. Even tho fps is better, I still suffer at high density airports and I know why. Its the 3d cabin in the external model. On the NGX I turned that off and saved 10 frames

The cabin only loads with an external view, if you only use the VC, disabling it won't change anything. Try moving outside the VC sometime, kind of a cool view and it'll show you just how little outside of the VC is loaded (basically nothing).

The wings however are loaded. If you look at the corner of either window you will see it. I disabled that using the perf manager in NGX and saved ALOT of frames

Flying Tigers Group

I have to agree that some more options to improve fps would help, like with the Ngx. I kept reading about how the 777 is easier on frames than the Ngx but its not my experience. : /

Alex M

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Quick question, are the frames worse than the CS777? That kind of would be the comparison,not systems wise,LOL,but in terms of FPS, I get 10-15 in it with my low end system,if anyone can tell me that I can pretty much gauge the performance to expect from it on my system.

We saw across the board better FPS in the 777 than in the NGX with both the dev and beta/tech teams. Not sure what is going on for you guys, but we made a very serious effort to optimize it better etc. It has a much lower overall texture load than the NGX did.

As others said - the external model has 100% nothing to do with FPS in the cockpit - it does not load at all.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

We saw across the board better FPS in the 777 than in the NGX with both the dev and beta/tech teams. Not sure what is going on for you guys, but we made a very serious effort to optimize it better etc. It has a much lower overall texture load than the NGX did.

As others said - the external model has 100% nothing to do with FPS in the cockpit - it does not load at all.

hmmm.... okay

Flying Tigers Group