Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

PMDG 777 and DX10

Just to let everyone know that the PMDG 777 is fully DX10 compatible.  In fact, I have never seen lighting (landing lights, beacon, nav lights) working so well in fsx.  Maybe it's because of DX10.  In any case, the lighting for this aircraft is more than fantastic and proves fsx is only going to get better in the future.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You are right. I was having some weird anomalies in DX10 but after rebuilding my shader cache they've seemed to go away.

The performance of this aircraft in DX10 is just outstanding. Now just waiting for Steve's fixer app so I can fly it to all of my airports!

Well done, Jim! (I just wish I was rich enough to move away from the old Maddog's draughty flightdeck).

I guess you like the aircraft, then? How do you find the size, compared to the 737?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

If you remember them days when LevelD released the 767 and heard the awesome sounds from that aircraft, especially in the landing phase.  This is mostly the same.  When descending to the glideslope I like to sit at the wing view and it is awesome hearing the sound as the aircraft begins to power down then up a little then down.  The 737NGX has great sounds too.  I only wanted to post the compatibility on the 777 as I saw that you had done a similar thing with the A2A 172 Cessna that was just released.  The lighting on the 777, especially the landing and the runway turnoff lights are almost perfect and extremely realistic.  PMDG did an outstanding job getting this little issue with many people fixed.

As far as size in comparison to the 737NGX, it definitely feels and looks like it's a huge aircraft, even larger than the PMDG747.  I'm exploring the aircraft but I like the feature where a female voice comes on and says, "Approaching Runway 30".  And then tells you when you are on the runway.  It does this during taxi's too. 

So far though I have had two CTD's with the NTDL.dll as the faulting module (which indicates too high settings).  I have my LOD_Radius at 6.5 and guess I will have to move it back to 4.5 (the max default setting).

I thought you were going to move up to the Haswell 4770K but see you just updated your video card to the GTX780.  That's an awesome card and glad I got one of those things too.  Should be future proof for many years.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I like the feature where a female voice comes on and says, "Approaching Runway 30".

Hmmmmmmm...... :Thinking:  (I'm sure SigmundF. would have an answer for this...)

Yeah - I had the 4770K lined up, but this 2600K is one of the golden ones, I think: she trucks along at 5 every day, never a bsod, never a ctd, and now with the - as you say - awsome 780 - there's never a pause, stutter or otherwise.

I've just finished building a 4670/760 for a neighbor's son, but have not begun to clock it yet. I did a couple of short runs with P95, just to watch where the temps went, but 4.1 was it's auto top, nothing magic. H100i cooler in a Corsair 500R case. I'm waiting for some TIM to arrive before we get serious.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

+1 really nice birdie in DX10. RAAS is a nice feature allthough i bought kt frome FS2CREW when they released it for all aircrafts.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hmmmmmmm...... (I'm sure SigmundF. would have an answer for this...)

Yeah, thinking about getting her voice for my Vette.... :lol:

In regards to my previous comments about getting a couple of CTD's (NTDLL.dll) I got a couple more until I found a fix (well, at least I was able to complete a flight from Wash to Charlotte for the first time).  Lowering the LOD_Radius did not work (only setting I lowered).  I decided to see if my dll.xml is corrupt.  Opened it with Notepad++ and found FSX SDK entries and I do not have the FSX SDK installed (yet).  Found leftovers from two pieces of software I had once installed but recently uninstalled.  And, lastly found two exact PMDG entries.  So I deleted the duplicate and the leftover software entries and sdk entries and tried again.  This time complete success.  I'm thinking I might have gotten some type of memory leak as that is what the ntdll.dll is related to (memory).  Of course I will continue to monitor this issue.

I was looking at the strobes and nav lights on the ground and it is the first time I have seen the strobe lights actually lighting up the ground (like they are suppose to).  Absolutely cool!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Yeah, thinking about getting her voice for my Vette.... :lol:

Jim

You do know she's called "B#####in' Betty" by the troops, eh?

I'm actually getting missing (white) armrest textures at night in the VC in DX10. It could be something on my end though. Can anyone else confirm this?

RAAS is a nice feature allthough i bought kt frome FS2CREW when they released it for all aircrafts.

Yes, thanks. I'm a little behind times on new FS tech developed.  I just discovered it was FSCrew's RAAS that does the voice stuff for the 777 (and I guess it is built into the Airbus too).  Might have to purchase this as I would like this in my 737NGX too. 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Dave! 

That's amazing you were able to find that video.

Now I can finally get some sleep :Sleepy: knowing what she looks like..... :Applause:

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I'm actually getting missing (white) armrest textures at night in the VC in DX10. It could be something on my end though. Can anyone else confirm this?

All good here. Works perfect in DX10

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Sure enough, I'm seeing this too.