Sign in to follow this  

PMDG 777 + LOD 9.5 + 4096 Textures + FB KSFO + REX 4096 is possible

DX10, thenim pretty sure its about 2x AA and not much better.

These are 4XAA, I can assure you.  I should have included these NVidia Control Panel settings, because they relate to how NVidia Inspector works.

048ce41f44d68f7fc9479b3404473a20.jpg

7cb084ca1cfea3a290514a07cda3204c.jpg

At 2560 x 1600, my eyes don't see much of a difference going beyond 4XAA in other games/applications (with the exception of C4D R14, but I usually only render C4D output to 1920 x 1080).  Moving forward to 4K monitor resolution (3840 x 2160), I doubt AA will be needed at all ... keep in mind AA is actually a filter (filters are to correct problems at a cost).  For better image quality I prefer higher resolution and less AA (less filtering), but to each his or her own.

These are 4XAA, I can assure you. I should have included these NVidia Control Panel settings, because they relate to how NVidia Inspector works.

048ce41f44d68f7fc9479b3404473a20.jpg

7cb084ca1cfea3a290514a07cda3204c.jpg

At 2560 x 1600, my eyes don't see much of a difference going beyond 4XAA in other games/applications (with the exception of C4D R14, but I usually only render C4D output to 1920 x 1080). Moving forward to 4K monitor resolution (3840 x 2160), I doubt AA will be needed at all ... keep in mind AA is actually a filter (filters are to correct problems at a cost). For better image quality I prefer higher resolution and less AA (less filtering), but to each his or her own.

I'm with you, nice PPI helps though at that res it would be better on a 27" as its not that far from the 2408's 1920x1200 .027 vs.025 vs. the 27" .023

Nott trying to be a wet blanket or doubt you but I have never seen anyone override FSX hardcoded DX10 2xAA, Inspector, Rivatuner or what not, never seen it really done and that includes " Steve's FSX Analysis", though I would love be wrong.

If you are using inspector, then you should not be going back into the NVCP or vice versa, as one overrides the other, except in the case of FSX internal hardcoded DX10 AA which neither is effective (unless something has changed recently in FSX - new "tweak" perhaps?).

Glad those settings work for you, which is great and that is what is truly important. I guess I just dont really think they compare with what anyone would consider "normal" HQ display settings for FSX as AG would be shimmering all over the place etc (maybe why you dont use AG?).

Considering all that you are running, no matter what it is still a feat much to be appreciated and those are great shots.

Cheers!

This is a friendly message being sent to all recent AVSIM Screen Shot Forum participants.

If you have purchased the new PMDG Boeing 777, please consider entering the AVSIM PMDG 777 Screen Shot Contest.
There are cash prizes for a multitude of winners. (3)
Details are listed in the special forum created just for this occasion.

Please read the entry rules VERY carefully.

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/634-the-pmdg-b-777-screen-shot-contest/

Here are the AVSIM Screen Shot Forum Rules that pertain to image size:

http://forum.avsim.net/page/AVSIM%20Pages/screen_shot_rules.html

If you have already entered .... THANKS ... only one entry per person.

Thanks,
Dennis Trawick
(Lead Judge)

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

If you have already entered .... THANKS ... only one entry per person.

Hey Dennis, I was hoping for Steve's DX10 app to be released soon so I could get to work on putting together a great "one shot" screen shot of the 777 ... but it looks like Steve's app might be delayed and not done in time for Sept 13th cut off.

I might still be able to do a good one without, for what I had planned I needed Steve's DX10 app to correct a few small issues.  But I got plenty of ideas/locations that I want to test out :)

AG would be shimmering all over the place etc (maybe why you dont use AG?).

I use AG, see my FSX.CFG listing = 5. It's just that I'm using MSE CA 2.0 in those screen shots so no AG. I have used AutoGen.BGL with IS3 for some local airports (KCCR for example) to create a new .BGL that I use with MSE 2.0. Not shimmering at all.

I highly recommend folks test out this registry setting on a Win7 64bit (and maybe Win8 64bit) for VAS improvement:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\SharedSection=1024,20480,2048

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\SharedSection=1024,20480,3072

I believe the limit for any of these heap entries is 49152. The last value is non-interactive desktop heap and is mapped into the address space of every process (32bit or 64bit). But do this at your own risk, on some systems it can prevent the OS loading (meaning you have to boot to a safe mode disk and edit registry to get back up and running). You've been warned.

Don't worry, I know how to OOM FSX just like anyone else, but these settings might help with some improved headroom.

Again, these entries are for 64bit OS not 32bit OS.

EDIT: I believe it was Phil Taylor that recommended 1024,20480,1024.

Again, you can't overide DX10 with Inspector nor with the NVCPL so you are using FSX hardcoded 2xAA.

The last time I was stuck with that poor of filter IQ was back in FS98.

A modern powerful $1000 Titan Video card, for at 2xAA is pointless.