Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

Foreign flight planning

Any recommendations for a program that can make flight plans for international flights? With the NGX I usually just used flightaware for domestic US routes

Simroutes? rfinder.free? PFPX?

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

You could try PFPX I think.

For Europe you could sign up at EuroFPL, it's what routes are validated by anyway. Put in a departure and destination airport and it'll give you a route based on aircraft parameters you give it. It's free too

You dont mention you want anything free so I could recommend Vroute premium for wind calculated flight plans. Its around $25

ZORAN

simbrief.com for free.

Won't plan your route, I think. I use a combination of eurofpl.eu and rfinder.asalink.net/free for that

Most of them are up there.

vataware "Top Routes" search is another option I used to use...

But I just got myself PFPX, so ... that now... And the fuel predictions include winds aloft and all that kinda stuff. Last 2 flights I did were Trans Atlantics on Vatsim, I was seeing fuel predictions correct to the last decimal point at top of descent! and within about halfe a tonne on the ground even after some faffing about with ATC vectors at EGLL earlier (great to have some ATC online VATUK :D).

Can't reccomend PFPX more. It's the one stop shop for everything other than Aerodrome procedure charts.

Another fun resource is http://skyvector.com/

Think of it as an enroute chart for the whole world (every airway & navaid on earth!)

It can get you out of sticky spots, but does take a fair bit of time to fathom out sometimes. Danger/Restricted areas are also shown, as well as FIR boundaries etc.

PFPX comes with it's own version which works better, and includes upper winds aloft forecasts (selectable by flight level and timeframe/date) NAT tracks downloaded when appropriate, AUSOTS, PACOTS, and will reroute you to avoid headwinds etc on long flights through ATS routes.

Seriously if someone suggests you buy some flightplanning software, only get PFPX.

The only real reason to not buy PFPX that I can think of as valid is not wanting to buy any payware flight planner. I was of that position for years. Then I saw a real world dispatch software for a real world Australian Airliner in action and was impressed. PFPX has impressed me every bit as much.

Won't plan your route, I think. I use a combination of eurofpl.eu and rfinder.asalink.net/free for that

Ah, you're right. It's for flight planning, not route planning, only.