Sign in to follow this  
Maniac59

Is it worth $90?

I don't have the a2a Cessna yet, but I'd imagine the micromanaging of the engine start, mixture, and overall health is a bit more complicated than the 777. Yes you have the fmc but meh. I'm more intimidated by the a2a Cessna :). The a2a p51 is harder to fly than the 777. And imo the 737ngx is more complicated than the 777. There's much more automation in the 777. It's easier to setup and manage. It was designed that way with input from pilots and airlines. Yes it's worth the minimal increase over the ngx. These are licensed products from Boeing. There is company data in these simulations. That adds to the cost. Pmdg didn't get it for free....

All this automation is where the the complexity is. It is not so much what ypu can see what is so amazing but it is what you cannot see that makes this simulation what it is, a fully simulated 777, 90 bucks is exaxtly what I bargained for and yes, worth every penny!

Kind regards.

Hrm, well good question.  I like this Aircraft but I think the NGX was a better product and is more fun to fly (puts flame suit on).  I'm just not getting the WOW this is awesome feeling.  I might need to fly on a 777 in real life to get that feeling....I've flown on 738s a lot.

TL:DR If you want a NGX quality long hauler get it for sure.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

FSX cost way more money to make and i payed $29.99 3yrs ago...

Its like buying a car for $29,000.00 and spending $90,000.00 on twin turbo.....where is the logic here.

With $90,000.00 you could buy a nice AMG.

Even a new simulator won't cost that much.

I'm saving my money for the real one $296,000,000.00  

Edit: ill buy it only if is DX10 compatible.  

$90 is more than fair. For this level of detail, you should expect to pay a premium.

The only time i pay premium is at the gas pump :lol:

It's all relative. It depends on how much you're going to fly it. I bought it, and I'll use it, but the NGX is really more my style. I'm not really into 15 hour flights.

Who said you have to fly 15 hour flights?

Jared Listinsky

Although the plane is wonderful, I would have expected to at least be able to print the documentation provided with it. I guess they want me to buy their $300 manual set. That's just silly. 

$50 maybe...Anyone else feel the same way?

No, $89 is a great deal for what you get.

Jarhead, you're right. You don't have to fly 15 hour flights but the airplane was built for long haul. I think the shortest flight that British Airways Virtual ( one of the VA's I fly for) is 6 1/2 hours.

NAX669.png

Although the plane is wonderful, I would have expected to at least be able to print the documentation provided with it. I guess they want me to buy their $300 manual set. That's just silly.

The manuals supplied with the aircraft are the actual Boeing documents, and therefore are protected by copyright law. That is why they are locked and not printable.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

You're asking two different questions.

So I'll answer both for you:

1) Is the PMDG 777 worth 90$?

Yes. Judging this based on what quality has been, and is currently on the market it is a reasonable price for such a premium product.

2) Is 90$ a lot of money to spent?

Yes. I think for most of the fellows around here, spending 90$ will make them think carefully about what it is there buying.

In addition, I really did expect something right in this area. I don't know what you expect for yourself upfront.

It's really about two things. Are you able to spend this kind of money on a hobby. Now, ever or never? If so, as others have replied already, it's really a matter for you to decide if you can justify this amount of money.

Be it the many hours you gonna spend flying it, be it the other things that you would like to have but might not because of this purchase.

If, by posting this question, you're actually trying to build a case for yourself to get reassured that you shouldn't spend this kind of money. I don't feel that you're going to have much luck with that here at the avsim/PMDG forums...

Good luck with your decision anyway!

Worth it? Yup! would have paid $200. Actually, if you count the manual's package, I paid $500. Every year my wife and I pay hundreds for Disneyland Annual Passes, Thousands a year on nights out, $90 dollars will keep me entertained for years to come. In one year with a minimum average of 5 flight hours a week that comes out to less than 35¢ a day, over 5 years comes to less than 5¢ a day.

For anyone that likes system airliners, it doesn't get much deeper than this. I usually go by $2/hour value scheme. I think there are 45hours of learning, entertainment and flying to be done with this plane. So yeah, $90 is fair for those that love this category of plane.

Personally, I'm passing on this and waiting for the DC-6 instead. Wonder if that will be $90 also.