Sign in to follow this  
Maniac59

Is it worth $90?

It's all relative. It depends on how much you're going to fly it. I bought it, and I'll use it, but the NGX is really more my style. I'm not really into 15 hour flights.

I almost did not buy this plane precisely because of the long flight, which frankly I don't have the time then I learned about cruise compression, and I am sold.  It's a very different aircraft and well worth the 96 cdn bucks I paid for.  If people still ask about the price please go see the other competitors packages in Xplane and FSX, there is no comparison.  I was afraid PMDG would charge more than 100$, which is my mental limit but what the heck, a well developed and working model is well worth more than a few dozen of pretty flying 3D models.  Compared to all the money I wasted on crappy products this is a bargain!

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Worth every penny. I'd rather have the option to spend $90+ on an awesome product such as the 777, than having to put up with the below average piles of rubbish add-ons that exist out in the market today.

There are only 4 good products that I own:

1, PMDG 777

2. PMDG 737NGX

3. PMDG 747-400X

4. A2A 172 (not done a great deal with it yet, but from the VFR circuit I flew last night, it looks good).

(Unfortunately, I don't own the MD11, but I'm sure this would have made it to he list if I had it in the hanger).

I have many others, but I don't consider them to be "good". Only better than the default FSX planes, but not "good". I also have all of the Wilco Airbus aircraft in vol1 and vol2 which put me back (if I can remember) somewhere in the region of $50. Guess what? They are rubbish! I only have them to comply with my VA's fleet.

Considering the pain and effort that goes into writing computer software (I'm a C/C++ programmer, I know), let alone something as complex as this on an old FSX/ESP platform, then $90 for near perfection such as this product is a bargain!

Well done PMDG. I am forever grateful!

Rynardt

Intel i7 950, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, HD5970, 12GB DDR3 RAM

Rynardt Spies

Site: www.virtualvcp.com | Twitter: @rynardtspies

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

As already has been said...  Much money up front? Sure but it won't empty my bank account! Cost divided by hours of probable usage? Veeery tiny sum! The only problem is that all the other magnificent aircraft add-ons I have will get very expensive since the T7 will take all my flying time! Cost/usage will always be my measure stick. 

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I'll think long and hard about this. I was a day one customer but when I saw the price I was knocked back quite a bit, I'm pondering over it ever since.

But with no printable manuals I'm even more put off. The price I can get over but for an aircraft that really needs manuals for it I'm more than a little disappointed about that decision (NGX had printable manuals) and I hope they reconsider this.

It was easy for me to save 90 Dollars on this aircraft I bought it in €uros still worth every cent.

It's interesting, yes the PMDG 777 is definitely worth the money.  

A question to PMDG, if FSX did "north of $100 million" why are PMDG not developing a simulator?  I understand the development would take time but you would have 1000's of simmers salivating at the prospect of a PMDG sim that "$100 million" could be yours. 

Ian R Tyldesley

a small calculation:

the lifespan of an fsx addon is 2 years. divide the 89.99$ over that period you will be paying 12.3 cents per day. which can buy you..........i wonder what they can buy?

so are you willing to pay that amount now?

I haven't but I will be tonight, the way I justify the price to myself is a little while back I bought FTX global for nearly the same price, and I don't even get to fly that lol

Jason Dilley

I thing people need to check out the price of an FMGS trainer, they would probably keep quiet after.

No joke...

The flight sim community really doesn't know how good it really has things.

Kyle Rodgers

OK, so I just bought this add-on couple of hours ago and I have to say it's WORTH EVERY BIT OF $98.40 AUD that I've just spent on and probably worth more as people have said. The level of immersion and detail is just MIND BLOWING! I took it for a quick spin from EFHK and back rwy 04L and have to say as much I like the 777 for X-Plane and the level of detail on that one, this one just kinda blows it out of the water I have to say.

I seriously thought my days using FSX were coming to an end and would move more towards X-Plane 10. I was wrong...these guys just seem to keep on squeezing more blood out of this stone and in a good way.

For anyone who also has the Ramzzess 777 for X-Plane there's significant differences in the way this one flies particularly the minute amount of thrust required to get it moving on the ground.

I balked at the $90 at first. Thought about $10 of it was greed. But after flying it on a few flights I can say it is a remarkable and amazing aircraft addon.

Worth $90? Absolutely. Every penny.

My only complaint as usual is no WX. IMO no excuses on such an expensive and complete addon. They say it can't be modeled 100% realistic but so what? Many things cannot yet PMDG found a way around it or created their own system. If they really wanted to, they could setup a program that reads the weather file created by addons like activesky, just like they do for terrain.

Agreed.

Yes I know I am no coder (as Tabs will say).

But do I really need to be a coder to map it out?  I think not.

Regardless, yes it's worth $90 to be sure.

spacer.png

How do you put a price on enjoyment?  This product is easily worth much more than $90 to me since I'll spend many hours burning up virtual fuel.  But to a casual simmer who only flies occasionally, I can understand the reluctance.  The old saying goes, "You get what you pay for.", but in this case I believe I've gotten far more than $90 worth.  A real bargain in my case!

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64