Sign in to follow this  
WestAir

Anyone break the 777 yet?

I was doing an ILS at Tampa last night and the autopilot rolled the plane to the right on touchdown, wing strike, tail strike and loss of main gear I guess. Sad day for Delta Airlines :(

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

I was doing an ILS at Tampa last night and the autopilot rolled the plane to the right on touchdown, wing strike, tail strike and loss of main gear I guess.

Autopilot?  Doubtful.  Was there a plane short of the runway?  Probably your weather add-on's "wake turbulence" feature...

Kyle Rodgers

oh boy, quite a lot yesterday. I am sure the maintenance will be having a field day.

Check out my notes thread to see the list lolzzz

Bilal Asif Khan

Autopilot?  Doubtful.  Was there a plane short of the runway?  Probably your weather add-on's "wake turbulence" feature...

Haha, I know. Clearly something that I had done. My first landing in the plane. I think I'll disconnect the AP at about 2000 for the minute, and wait until I've finished reading the manuals, which are fantastic btw! I love the in depth FSX performance tutorial. So helpful!

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Departed Stockholm earlier today, hadn't set up the flight correctly with a pretty full load headed towards Vancouver Canada, the thrust limit was too low and - well however, ended up losing altitude. Quit that flight immediately  <_<.

After starting with a fresh new aircraft at Toronto (Air India) I am now heading for Mumbai cruising nicely at 310, there were no mishaps upon departure, 14 hours to go  ^_^.

I just had to see the glow on the main's brakes so I did a RTO at Edwards. Got up to 200kts before I slammed hard on the brakes without any reverse thrust or spoilers. It was awesome! I could actually feel the brakes fade with the temperature rise until finally all 12 tires blew and she came to a complete stop well before the end of the runway. Those glowing brake rotors look so cool! B)

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

I think the PMDG 777 is much easier to fly than the PMDG737.  I sometimes struggles with the speed on the 737.  but the 777 seems easier to control.   The learning carve is very easy.  If you know the PMDG 737, you can just get in and fly.  I know it is more complex (behind the scenes), but so far flying it is a breeze, adding liveries are a snap, and slowing down is more realistic than the 737.

So I did not break anything yet. (oh and I'm not a pilot - just a dopey chemical engineer)

Paul Gugliotta

and slowing down is more realistic than the 737.

I wouldn't go that far. The NG, especially the -800, is notoriously slippery.

I have service-based failures set to 20x so I got a BLEED HPSOV L status msg this morning. No warnings since the airplane considers it a minor fault. Repaired it after I landed. On my flight now I believe I am getting ADP C1 HYDRAULICS FAIL and ADP C2 HYDRAULICS FAIL when I was taxing out. It disappeared too quickly for me to confirm that was it. Popped up and disappeared twice for a few seconds each. I took off and it has not come back. The center hyd servicing level was good.

Accelerated failures is probably my favorite feature so far. :)

Chuck Biggins

Nothing major yet, an over speed due to wind change and a lot of bouncy landings :lol:. Will try to trigger random failures tomorrow.

VHHH-EDDP today...

Changed runway for landing from 08L to 08R ILS approach on descent at about 25000ft. Flew the STAR perfectly. Never picked up the ILS until 5 miles out even although I was well under the glide slope at 20 miles out from the airport. Left it until 5 miles out. Still in heading select and alt hold. LSK`d the hold on the missed approach procedure to direct to for it as I was way to high at that point. Tried to stick the hold into LSK1 and bang...FSX froze...nothing apart from sound. Shut down FSX via task manager after 20 mins.

12 hr flight....gutted lol

I will try and reproduce this, if its an issue I will open a ticket.

Cheers Douglas Reid

I just heard a strange sound a few minutes ago when I lifted the nose wheel off the ground. I checked the failures page and it said NOSE WHEEL IMBALANCE. Pretty cool!

I wonder how the landing will be now.

Chuck Biggins

My ILS aren't tuned properly, 2 times on 2 flights.... 

EDIT: Arent they supposed to be autotuned?

My ILS aren't tuned properly, 2 times on 2 flights.... 

EDIT: Arent they supposed to be autotuned?

They are.

What panel state were you using for the flights?

Kyle Rodgers