Sign in to follow this  
Carnage21

just bought the 747 and its autopilot is terrible

Have a hug issue with the autopilot , it just glides past my waypoints and then spends hours trying to back track

Seriously?  The cross track error in the video wasn't even that bad.  It would probably be a lot better if you were flying the aircraft properly, too.  Note the lack of speed mode in the FMA and your speed being in the yellow arc.  It's not going to fly very well when it's struggling to stay in the air because of the way you're forcing it to operate.

Computers are powerful, but only as powerful as the information given to it.  If you want to autopilot to perform well, make sure you're using it how it's supposed to be operated.

Additionally, some cross track error is natural and realistic.  Airways are 8nm wide...0.6nm isn't an issue.

Kyle Rodgers

PEBCAC, seems like the main computer on the flight deck isn't working 100%

Rob Prest

Kyle, I think he wants to point that FMS doesn't not switch to next waypoint.

Anyway, he is unsigned, do not read tutorials, rude... I'm out of here.

i rushed the flight for the purpose of recording the problem i have been having,

Im sorry if i have come across like a dick,

I have read some manuals how do you think i got it in the air

I have been reading forums for days trying to resolve it and i jsut cant crack it.

The aircraft simply does not switch tot he next waypoint unless i force it in the fMC

i am 100% sure that is an issue.

Also im pretty surre the problem doesnt exist between my chair and my chair , it may exist between the keyboard and chair

that is why im here.

Try giving that main computer a reboot and try again.. More likely to get help..

chair & computer mate, t.h.a.t.s , ©hair & ©omputer

Rob Prest

I have read some manuals how do you think i got it in the air

If you go to the PMDG site, check the Downloads -> Documents section.  There is a section in the for Type Rating Courses (or something similar to that).  Have a go at those and report back.

Im sorry if i have come across like a dick,

No prob - you should see me before I've had my coffee...

i am 100% sure that is an issue.

In this 9 years I've owned this product, I've never had this issue.  I'm pretty sure it's just a config error on your side.  I'm not trying to be rude, but it's my first thought.  If you wouldn't mind, please outline what you're doing (step by step - including the route, and how you're entering the route) here and I can try to reproduce the issue later.

Kyle Rodgers