Sign in to follow this  
mrluca

777 in Prepar3D

Dear Community,

I have a quite big problem: I only have P3D, and i'd like to run the PMDG 777 :/

I have heard that it isn't possible to install it directly into P3D, the same thing as the 737.

I managed to run the 737 on P3D with a few tweaks, a friend of mine used the FSX to Preoar3d migration tool....

FSX and P3D run on the same source code, so...

Did anybody try to import it?

Thank you!

Greetings

I brought this for Xplane and it doesnt work either - very dissappointed. They should have said on their website which platforms it worked on. Oh wait, they did.......

Dear N125DL please sign your posts

Second on the shop page it clearly says

PMDG 777-200LR/F BASE PACKAGE for Flight Simulator X.

The PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package for Flight SimulatorX

What more someone wants?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Did anybody try to import it?

It will not work.  Even if you can get it to work, it is not made for this purpose (and you'd be in violation of the EULA).

Kyle Rodgers

In my opinion it's just a thing of respect towards customers to point out that this product has a software lock that prohibits it from running in Prepar3d.

@Elliot in case you haven't noticed, Prepar3d is based on the FSX code and thus your comparision with X-Plane is absolutely pointless, since most FSX addons run very well in Prepar3d... So, you can save your cheap sarcasm.

In my opinion it's just a thing of respect towards customers to point out that this product has a software lock that prohibits it from running in Prepar3d.

@Elliot in case you haven't noticed, Prepar3d is based on the FSX code and thus your comparision with X-Plane is absolutely pointless, since most FSX addons run very well in Prepar3d... So, you can save your cheap sarcasm.

And PMDG should have pointed out the T7 doesn't work in FS9 ... It's getting ridiculous, guys!

Why do people keep saying they weren't warned on the product page?

Are you looking at a different product page from the rest of us?

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=99&idcategory=13#details

• This is an FSX ONLY product.
  • This package is required to use any of the PMDG 777 series products.
  • You must have Flight Simulator X to install this product.
  • This product requires a live connection to the internet for installation.

Note: Digitally delivered products are not refundable.

By now, I'm starting to wonder about the different meaning of the word "ONLY"...

I would just like to know WHY it's locked out of P3D.

spacer.png

How many times do we have to go through this? PMDG does NOT support the way the P3D license works. End of story.

If you want to read about it in deatil, search for RSR's post on this very subject, he took quite some time to write it.

I would just like to know WHY it's locked out of P3D.

My guess: support cost, you will be amazed at how many will try to get support for something that is clearly not designed for.  Secondly, special feature like the cruise compression will not work with P3D, IMHO.  PMDG now knows the inner working of FSX very well and that's why they know P3D is different.  Third, legal and liability, although the simulation is superb, it's not an officially training tool which would have to be to run on P3D.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020