Sign in to follow this  
Marck0505

MINS and BARO knobs not working with mouse wheel

Hello,

The MINS and BARO rotating knobs are not working with the mouse wheel in my FSX. To modify the QNH or minimums you have to press the knob in a direction and than it takes a lot of time to change it.

I'm the only one who is experiencing this issue?

Best regards,

Marco

Correct behavior of the real plane. Please read the Intro document these and much more are covered there

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hello,

The MINS and BARO rotating knobs are not working with the mouse wheel in my FSX. To modify the QNH or minimums you have to press the knob in a direction and than it takes a lot of time to change it.

I'm the only one who is experiencing this issue?

Best regards,

Marco

They are not rotating knobs - read the introduction, or the tutorial, or watch any of the last 20 videos from the beta team in which they told everyone about 10 times a video that they are not rotating knobs. They are spring loaded in the real aircraft and they were modelled incorrectly in the NGX.

I had found extremely annoying that repetition of "these are not rotating knobs" in every single videoclip from betatester. Now I understand it wasn't repeated enough, obviously.

Ok, but i think that the speed for setting the value is too low. It's impossibile that to move the BARO minumum from 400 to 1050 takes about 2 minutes of holding the knob.

Again READ THE INTRODUCTION it says how to speed the setting!!!

And please sign your name!

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

I JUST ASKED A QUESTION

Is that mandatory to see the beta testers video about the 77????

I had the B737 and the thing was different. I learned now that was a B737 error and not 777. Sorry for not watching 20 beta testers video!

And if you see that someone already answered the question, that's not necessary that you reply with the same thing!

And thank you to be so kind and gentle.

No, to the mandatory video thing. But it has been explained time and time again to read the intro manuals before flying the thing. Everything you might think is an issue or just weird might just be a quirk of the real T7 and PMDG has written all about it in the introductory manual.

I JUST ASKED A QUESTION

Is that mandatory to see the beta testers video about the 77????

I had the B737 and the thing was different. I learned now that was a B737 error and not 777. Sorry for not watching 20 beta testers video!

And if you see that someone already answered the question, that's not necessary that you reply with the same thing!

And thank you to be so kind and gentle.

You dont have to watch any beta-Video. However, you really should read the intro manual - there is a reason for it.

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

I don't think that's unusual to miss a paragraph, don't you think?

Sure, but paying better attention could've helped to avoid all of this, particularly because there's a labeled section in the manual about things we knew people would get tripped up on.

That's why the intro manual was written.  We knew that these things would trip people up, and if they only read the thing, we wouldn't get the same question here all day.

...or at least, that's what we continue to hope.

Kyle Rodgers

I simply think that to avoid all of this was necessary just one answer. The answers claiming that I need to watch about 20 beta videos are really helpless.

I haven't started the topic as an accusation to PMDG or saying like "this product if a s**t because of this knobs". I just asked a simpy, plain and kind question.