Sign in to follow this  
Marck0505

MINS and BARO knobs not working with mouse wheel

I just asked a simpy, plain and kind question.

Understood.

...but also please understand the slight irritation that happens when you write, and provide, a document to help everyone sort things out, but it gets ignored.  This is not fully the case here, as it seems you at least took a look at it, but the question has come up several times, and people here are a little on edge from seeing it over and over again.

While it's not truly your fault, and you asked an honest question, you have to at least concede that much: it's been asked a load of times, and most of those times because people have ignored the intro manual.  Answering the same question over and over gets really old, really quickly.  That goes for anything...

I'm not faulting you for that, but it does underscore the importance of that manual, and referring back to it where necessary.

Kyle Rodgers

Guys Relax !!!

Marck indeed you don't have to watch 20 beta videos. it is not usefull at all. No problem. Just read a bit the introduction manual and the FCTM/FCOM (if you have time) and it should be fine.

Enjoy your flights on the PMDG777 !

You specifically asked:

(...)

I'm the only one who is experiencing this issue?

(...)

Reading the intro doc would have proven that there is no 'issue' at all.

I was rather reacting to your suspected 'issue' than to you not reading the manual.

I simply think that to avoid all of this was necessary just one answer.

One answer to you, specifically... and another one to the next guy that asks, and the one after that.

We could put stickies on the forum, but the question would still get asked.

Maybe we should write a script so that when it detects the word "Scroll Wheel" in any post about to be placed on the 777 forum, the screen goes black and is replaced with a video with a marching band and a chorus singing "THE BARO AND MINS KNOB DON'T WORK WITH THE SCROLL WHEEL BECAUSE THE REAL PLANE'S BARO AND MINS KNOB DON'T ROTATE AROUND BUT ARE A 3 WAY SWITCH WHICH YOU HOLD LEFT OR RIGHT TO INCREASE OR DECREASE THE VALUE"

Here is a tip (also mentioned in the Introduction document):

Set cockpit tooltips on from the FSX display settings->Aircraft menu.

We have added tooltips on all controls that need some "special" handling that they will guide you to the correct use.

Unfortunately tooltips are off by default in FSX.

If this wasn't the case or if there was a way we could force them on just for 777 flights (unfortunately not possible), we would have avoided all this.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Understood.

...but also please understand the slight irritation that happens when you write, and provide, a document to help everyone sort things out, but it gets ignored. This is not fully the case here, as it seems you at least took a look at it, but the question has come up several times, and people here are a little on edge from seeing it over and over again.

While it's not truly your fault, and you asked an honest question, you have to at least concede that much: it's been asked a load of times, and most of those times because people have ignored the intro manual. Answering the same question over and over gets really old, really quickly. That goes for anything...

I'm not faulting you for that, but it does underscore the importance of that manual, and referring back to it where necessary.

And may I say, that intro document is VERY VERY well done! I am personally trying to write (right now actually) a manual for my company's IPTV service and it frustrates the heck out of me realizing that no matter how much I point this or that out, people will still ask. "It says here I should press this button to put the power on. Should I press there to put the power on?" Aargh

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

"It says here I should press this button to put the power on. Should I press there to put the power on?" Aargh

I feel your pain!

Kyle Rodgers