Sign in to follow this  
Wobbie

Bravo Tom

Whew,... I have never met such a bunch of cry babies!!!

We ALL knew that PMDG is not licensed for P3d.But nooo, some of us went out anyway to buy it, found it did not work & blamed PMDG, LM & the ghost of Xmas past, & said 'we will never support LM/PMDG/Microsoft. Guys, dont try squeeze something in where it is not supposed to go! READ the EULA's for what you bought!!

I saw that the 777 was not licensed for P3d. I did not get onto the forums & cry. I got something else that would keep me busy with my training. If I REALLY wanted it, I will get it for my FSX. The world will still turn, the heavens will not open, & Tom will not need to moderate posts that (almost) advocate 'cracking'. For those that do not understand, I believe that means to get something working where it is not supposed to work, & probably brag about it in these forums.

Thanks Tom, for nipping things in the bud.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Yes yes but I would just like to know WHY it is locked out of P3D.

spacer.png

@Helo Head

P3D is a moving target, a 2.0 version is due out soon.  When this change occurs, who knows what will break inside the 777.  I am guessing that PMDG does not want to become accountable for fixing or re-testing the 777 every time the underlying simulator changes.

There ya go. All over again.

Its not 'locked" PMDG has not developed the 777 for P3d for the following reasons:

& from the PMDG page....

Please see the PMDG 777-200LR/F product page for more information on this simulation:

• This is an FSX ONLY product.
  • This package is required to use any of the PMDG 777 series products.
  • You must have Flight Simulator X to install this product.
  • This product requires a live connection to the internet for installation.

Please see the PMDG 777-200LR/F product page for more information on this simulation:

It will not work.  Even if you can get it to work, it is not made for this purpose (and you'd be in violation of the EULA).

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com
who says....

" We've covered this a couple times- but those threads are probably pretty buried by now...

We are not planning to support retail customers using Prepar3d as a home simming platform.

We do have some commercial operators who will be licensing PMDG products on that platform, but this is not something the general simmer will have access to...

This decision was made because Prepar3d is not a home entertainment product, and their EULA is very specific as to the purposes for which the platform may be employed.  For liability purposes, we cannot support retail customers using a "retail only" PMDG product on a platform that is not licensed for retail use.

This topic tends to bring out emotional replies from folks who wish things were different- so I'm going to lock the thread-  but I did want you to have an answer! "

So there...'nuff said!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Can't resist....

First off let's just start with the whole EULA thing. Lawsuits are expensive.

Second, support. Given the sheer amount of sales I'm sure the T7 is having, the level of support needed would only get more time-consuming catering to hacked in T7's to P3D.

Third. They are the front runners for FSX addons, the increased price will definitely offset those who are upset and refuse to purchase at launch, because eventually they will purchase it cause it's PMDG.

Now with that said, could they have prepared the community by putting a good foot forward and saying to P3D users it would not be compatible? I've heard the FS9/XPX compatible argument, but let's be realistic. I was curious if it would work with P3D or as I guessed it would be locked at the installer. PMDG is not the only addon maker who has done it, just they have the most rabid fan base. At the end of the day though, it's going to sell and sell well, so time to dust off that FSX.cfg.

PMDG have stated that they will not support their products in P3D. There is a difference between not supporting and deliberatly engineering a product not to work in P3D. Was it really necessary to do the latter?

This is entirely PMDGs perogative of course but it is also one I look at when it comes to buying their products and the obvious limitations that come with that.

Cheers

Steve Hall

Because it was designed only for FSX.  NOT FS9, NOT P3D, NOT Xplane, NOT Flightgear.  That's why!

I re-installed FSX :-)  So damn simple!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

As soon as everyone drops fsx they will be there. FSX users are mozying over to p3d one at a time. It is an emotional decision :yahoo:

I bought it also thinking it will work with the Migration Tool but no luck :(  so re-installed Stutters/BlurriesFSX :Just Kidding:  and i'm all good know.

As soon as everyone drops fsx they will be there. FSX users are mozying over to p3d one at a time. It is an emotional decision :yahoo:

I agree P3D runs great on my PC with FTXG and many many addons.  More people will come.

PMDG from the very beginning posted their reasons for not supporting P3D at this time. That is their right  and their decision. Some people took it upon themselves to try to install their products into P3D anyway. They simply took steps to prevent this. I see nothing wrong at all.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors