Sign in to follow this  
Wobbie

Bravo Tom

I bought it also thinking it will work with the Migration Tool but no luck :(  so re-installed Stutters/BlurriesFSX :Just Kidding:  and i'm all good know.

There is another way.

I will not come back to FSX after having experienced P3D so...

No P3D no party, I'll not buy the 777 and any product not working in P3D.

I'll fly with other vendors planes, and will continue to fly happy as I was up to now, before the 777 existed.

Build it, and they will come!

Bob

Who cares about moving forward with simulation technology, lets keep developing for a outdated platform.  The whole FSX vs P3D is like the A vs B argument on anet. Ill vote with my dollars and Ill support company's that develop for P3D. Fame Suit On!

CFI/CFII

There is another way.

I will not come back to FSX after having experienced P3D so...

No P3D no party, I'll not buy the 777 and any product not working in P3D.

I'll fly with other vendors planes, and will continue to fly happy as I was up to now, before the 777 existed.

Exactly. As much as I like the NGX in FSX when P3D 2.0 is released if I can't run PMDG products in P3D then I won't purchase anymore of them.  There's plenty of other aircraft I can fly.

The A2A 172 looks good, iFly 737 + ORBX, Opus are in so who cares? Life goes on just find a different aircraft to fly.....there are plenty of them. Get in amongst the clouds and enjoy!

Well, starting another thread on this topic just shows that drama queens can be on both sides of an argument.

Six months from now this will all be completely irrelevant when a 64bit DX11 Prepar3D V2 is the widely used platform with home entertainment  EULA. It will be followed shortly by the top FSX addon's being converted to Prepar3D V2. Probably everything that ORBX does is already going to be supported by V2 along with many other devs. You cannot hold back the tide. I beat that the T7 and the NGX will be Prepar3D compatible with either free or low cost patch in the blink on an eye once the above falls into place.

Nothing like planning ahead. Why not get the SDK and launch by the end of the year. It is not rocket science.

Bob

Microsoft Flight Simulator is DEAD.  You can thank the greed and monopolistic thinking at Microsoft for that.

Long live Prepar3D.  A company that has flight in its DNA and the desire and resources to continue a legacy for whatever reason.

Creating an add-on for a DEAD product seems to run counter to any reasonable business decision.

P3D v2 will cost $200.  That seems like a lot of money until you think about it.  The last price for FSX was like $80 or some such thing.  Then you look at the soaring cost of add-ons.  $90 for the T7 for instance.  I am sure it is well worth it, as all of the other products from PMDG have been.  The point is, everything costs more now than when FSX was KILLED.

After MS killed off Flight Sim, for whatever reason, LM picked it up and made it better.  If they meant it to be a "Pro only" product it would cost thousands not a couple of hundred.  Version 2 is priced in two tiers.  Pro Plus, $2300.00 and Pro, $200.00.  This tells me that while they are dead set on a commercial flight sim, they have no intention of snubbing the home simmer.  Because, after all, pilots come from the home sim market.  From kids to retired guys with time and money to go fly for real.

So why on earth would you produce something for the DEAD FSX and NOT have it at least operational on alive and well P3D?  Oh, it might be different than FSX?  Hey, welcome to the real world.  There is one truth in this life, things change with time.  Get over it and get busy.  FS11 would most certainly have been different than FSX, so I think it is fair to say that P3D might have differences from FSX and for good reason.  FSX was not perfect.

Those that are hanging on to FSX will soon pay the price for that stagnation.  There will be products as incredible as the PMDG T7 for P3D, whether PMDG makes them or not.  The ever growing customer base will buy those products and continue to buy them as the P3D product continues to evolve, expand and increase in complexity.  The only evolution that can happen to FSX?  The Trash Can and those add-ons built exclusively for FSX will follow.

So I have to say that my dollars will go to those developers that create products for Prepar3D because P3D has a future and will continue to evolve into the next generation of simulation taking advantage of the ever improving OS and Hardware platforms coming.  Thanks for all your hard work PMDG, but I will wait for a Triple 7 built with the latest tech and not restricted by the Sim it is built for.

Tim R.

Tim tra757 Rotunda

Austin, Texas, USA