Sign in to follow this  
ppo

FTX Global Patch 1.10 out

No, you will need Steve's DX10 fixer for that.

I downloaded Steve's DX tweaks a while back. Has there been an update since then? Before FTX Global, all my ORBX regions worked in DX10.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I downloaded Steve's DX tweaks a while back. Has there been an update since then? Before FTX Global, all my ORBX regions worked in DX10.

AFAIK no updates since shader_release_v3.2.2.

Nowadays, we all have to wait for Steve's DX10 Fixer release.

It will be payware, and IMHO very much deserved.

I guess I'm running out of excuses to not buy this add-on. :rolleyes:

I'm a totally Orbx newbie. Never owned or installed anything of their's. What's the procedure to purchase (link?) and install FTX Global with patches? Do I install the base and then the patch on top? The patch says FTX Central should be set to Global - Does FTX Central come with the Global install?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

AFAIK no updates since shader_release_v3.2.2.

Nowadays, we all have to wait for Steve's DX10 Fixer release.

It will be payware, and IMHO very much deserved.

Thanks for the info. That will definitley be worth the $$$

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I guess I'm running out of excuses to not buy this add-on. :rolleyes:

I'm a totally Orbx newbie. Never owned or installed anything of their's. What's the procedure to purchase (link?) and install FTX Global with patches? Do I install the base and then the patch on top? The patch says FTX Central should be set to Global - Does FTX Central come with the Global install?

Warning, it can become addictive =)

To select a product go here: Enter a whole new world.

Click on whatever you want to buy and it will take you the product page, all info is there.Note that there are also some Demos (PNW, etc), and freebies.

(If you install a demo like PNW and then decide to buy it, make sure you run their demo uninstaller first)

Patches are here Support

You can buy from different sources, I use FlightSimStore Online

If you decide to buy, installing is pretty straight forward.

Regions come first (+patches), then airports (+patches) for specific regions.

(Select and Apply region before installing airports)

Installers come with FTX Central and ORBX Libs

(current as for their release date)

About FTX Global, or if you buy/install it before any regions and airports then just reinstall latest ORBX Libraries (found in support page) after installing those.

Make sure you allways unzip to a temp folder and run installers from there, using “Run as Administrator”.

(Note: Downloading stuff to your PC onto the User\Downloads folder marks the zip with some attributes (OS Security). So before you unzip it and if you trust the source. Select the file -> Right Click and Select Properties -> if you see an “Unblock” button click on it.

(It will remove some security attributes and especially the read only attribute from the zip and its content.)

Lastly: Register onto their forums. They have top class support.

Thanks Ramon!!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I'm probably alone in this but I'm a little concerned to see that they are increasing the size of the lights by 40%. Lovely lights, and they look great from the air, but they already look enormous at ground level e.g where the FTXG urban scenery borders an airport.

(Just goes to show you can't please everybody !)

It's hard to please everybody, that's probably the reason they are working on a "3D lights tuning app" so everyone can fine tune the lights too how they want them :wink:

I think you need the patch even if you buy today(not 100% sure though). Atleast it's how it have been done with the regions. E.g if you buy PNW region today you still need the patches.

With the freeware it has been different, no patches needed, only have to download the latest Version...

The WORLD chico and everything in it. LOL

I see; sounds good. I hope it actually shows you at least  the major scenries like mountians, hills, lakes, buildings (not a bunch of a-like generic squared buildings).

Will this work with Megascenry 2.0, will it merge with megascenery? Or is this totally not working with PC Aviator Megascenery ?

The lights are a give and take.

By being bigger they will display further. Of course at ground level they'll be too big looking.

Everything is a compromise.

I think you need the patch even if you buy today(not 100% sure though). Atleast it's how it have been done with the regions. E.g if you buy PNW region today you still need the patches.

With the freeware it has been different, no patches needed, only have to download the latest Version...

Thanks for answering! Well, it will be a long night downloading the whole thing. 

Did this fix the lights appearing as blackboxes in the daytime with DX10 like they said it would on their list of fixes?

No but Steve Parson's FsX Dx10 Fixer (due for release soon) will fix the lights problem.