Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

[wish] Operations Center: change order of liveries

The new Operation Center is very nice, thank you!

A great wish from me is, that one could change the order of the installed liveries.

It is simply, because I do not want to see all the dozen of liveries, so I usually have disabled to show all variants in the aircraft selector.

But then I have to edit the aircraft.cfg to see my livery without activating variants ...

Would be nice if you could consider this ...

Many thanks

Günter

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are you editing the aircraft.cfg and how is this different to before?

Especially PMDG: there's always the PMDG house livery at first

[FLTSIM.0]

If I add a livery, this is then [FLTSIM.1].

When I do not activate "show variants", I have just the PMDG house livery showing up. I have to enable "show variants", to select my wanted livery.

Changing now the two [FLTSIM.xy] numbers, I have my wanted livery at first order:

[FLTSIM.0]

e.g. Lufthansa

[FLTSIM.1]

PMDG house

But as my taste of firt liveries changes from time to time, it would be neat to have the possibility to do that on the OpCenter to avoid editing the aircraft.cfg

Guenter Steiner

Is it really THAT hard to just use the OC as originally intended by PMDG?

It seems like you're making it alot harder for yourself.

???

I use the OC as intended!

I just ask for an enhancement ... just a little addition that would make life a bit easier if they could easily implement it.

Guenter Steiner

Especially PMDG: there's always the PMDG house livery at first

[FLTSIM.0]

If I add a livery, this is then [FLTSIM.1].

When I do not activate "show variants", I have just the PMDG house livery showing up. I have to enable "show variants", to select my wanted livery.

Changing now the two [FLTSIM.xy] numbers, I have my wanted livery at first order:

[FLTSIM.0]

e.g. Lufthansa

[FLTSIM.1]

PMDG house

But as my taste of firt liveries changes from time to time, it would be neat to have the possibility to do that on the OpCenter to avoid editing the aircraft.cfg

Can't you still do this anyway? the old fashioned way by editing the cfg file in a text editor like on earlier products?

Sure I could do it the old fashioned way ...

You could also install the liveries the old fashioned way ...

So, why having then a new operation center, if we could all do in the old fashioned way? hmmm... because it is more comfortable! ^_^

I just ask if they could implement a little feature.

If they do it, it is good. If not, it's also ok.

For sure, I don't want they postpone actual development just to fulfill my wish :P

Guenter Steiner

???

I use the OC as intended!

I just ask for an enhancement ... just a little addition that would make life a bit easier if they could easily implement it.

You can easily uninstall the liveries you aren't currently flying in the Ops Center, leaving your present favourite plus the default house livery. Then only two variations to choose from in the FSX menu so it doesn't matter which comes first. The Ops Center makes installing and uninstalling liveries really easy. They will still be on your computer to reinstall at any time.

The fact is they can't make the Ops Center suit everyone's idea of perfection.

ki9cAAb.jpg

hmmm ... if I see the answers here, seems maybe due to my language restrictions I'm unable to make clear what I've suggested.

Anyway, doesn't matter ...

Guenter Steiner

Do you mean that you want the liveries installed but don't want them showing up in the aircraft selection screen?

Gavin Price

FYI, the OC caches the downloaded liveries so if you do want to just remove the ones you aren't using,  you can reinstall them basically instantly from the cache.

I do not think we're going to add an option to reorder the cfg, sorry. The PMDG House liveries are supposed to be in the fltsim.0 position so that you can easily tell at a glance where each variant starts in the display of all liveries within FSX.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan understood what I wanted: simply to reorder the liveries.

But if PMDG don't consider this ... Ok :)

Guenter Steiner

Ryan understood what I wanted: simply to reorder the liveries.

But if PMDG don't consider this ... Ok :)

I understood your question too, but maybe you didn't understand my answer.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Don't want to go into a further discussion here, but of course I have understood your answer.

I know how to install and unsinstall the liveries, I have only one installed (next to PMDG house).

But the question was if they could implement changing the order of them.

Shouldn't be to difficult to implement, but if they state, PMDG house have always to be on Fltsim.0 then, my question is answered ...

Here is a picture from my aircraft selection screen as I want to have it:

nxBA1LY.jpg

Note, that "show variants" ("Alle Varianten anzeigen" in german) is not selected ...

But of course, not a big thing to do it manually, just wanted to ask ...

Guenter Steiner