Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

Can You Fly A Plan-G Flight Plan In XPlane

The topic is my question. 

I've research this and it appears that it depends on the XPlane aircraft. If so which ones and how do I enter it. Or is there another way? Sorry but I am confused on this issue.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Bill

Bill,

It will indeed generate FMC plans for Xplane but there in lies the issue. The aircraft needs an FMC to load the plans.

I use the King air which allows for that.

When I fly the Carenado Baron, I use plan G to create a VOR to VOR route manually, print it and use that during to tune NAV 1 ans 2 during the flight.

If someone knows more, please chime in.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Bill,

As Stu says it will work with a FMC aircraft. Open up the PDF help files and look under Section 8.4 (page 18 of the manual), Export FMS.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Also works with aircraft which only have GPS. Just assign a key for Opening Flight plans (mine is CTRL SHIFT L) and it works.

• Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Mariodonick,

Still new to XPlane . How do you assign a key for Opening Flight plans.

Stu,

Doesn't the Carenado Baron have a GPS? I don't remember. If so have you tried Mariodonick's approach?

Thanks Everyone.

Going off to do some research

Bill

Still new to XPlane . How do you assign a key for Opening Flight plans.

In default X-Plane, the FMS and the GPS are internally exactly the same thing. They only look different.

Mariodonick,

I've learned something there. Great info.

Thanks

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

That's the funny thing with X-Plane. There are lots of possibilities, but you only learn them piece by piece ...

Bill,

In answer to your question, I tried Mariodonick's tip and it works great!

This is the true value of the forums, real help from people who know.

Enjoy your route planning!

Stu

Everyone,

I tried Mariodonick's tip with the Carenado Baron. It works great.

Mariodonick's comment below. Is spot on. I'm one of those weird guys that actually attemps to get the answers from the manual. But I have learned more from people on the forum's than in the manual. XPlane has some great stuff. But, It's hard to find in the manual. If it's even documented.

"That's the funny thing with X-Plane. There are lots of possibilities, but you only learn them piece by piece ...".

Thanks again to all who responded.

And thanks again to Mariodonick.

Bill

You're welcome.

And now I'm going to change my nickname to put a space between first and last name, so I don't get called "mariodonick" anymore, but just "Mario" ;)

How about " Super Mario" ?

Stu