Sign in to follow this  
RanDeMan

Anyone using Radar Contact with the T7?

Hi all,

Encountered a strange problem with the use of Radar Contact in combination with the T7.

During my maiden and now my second flight the radios won't tune automatically to the new frequency, eventhough the option 'Tune on contact' in RC is checked. In all the years I've been using RC this never happened before with any other aircraft including the NGX. The strange thing is that it seems to be happening randomely but often enough. Some times it will tune after complying with ATC but more often it won't.

My question is if anyone else is seeing this and if it can be related to this magnificant aircraft?

Much obliged.

Randall Snijders

Regards,

Randall Snijders

Hmm, big RC user as well, will test it tonight and come back to you, sir.

spacer.png

If you started from a cold and dark cockpit, you need to make sure your VHF radio is turned on and the mic button is pressed in.

Please let me know if you need anymore help.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

My question is if anyone else is seeing this and if it can be related to this magnificant aircraft?

Did you start the flight using the C/D panel state?

Additionally, there's an option mentioned in the intro manual to fix this.

Kyle Rodgers

Did you start the flight using the C/D panel state?

Additionally, there's an option mentioned in the intro manual to fix this.

Hi Kyle,

I started with the 'Short' state. Are you referring to the same solution Drumcode made? I will try that on my third flight.

Anyway, thnx to the both of you.

Regards,

Randall Snijders

Hi Kyle,

I started with the 'Short' state. Are you referring to the same solution Drumcode made? I will try that on my third flight.

Anyway, thnx to the both of you.

I've had the same situation last night on my first flight, started from a cold and dark, didn't turn on the VHF+Mic and I had to manually change frequencies as Otto wouldn't do it. You can do this any time during the flight and give the COMS to Otto and all is solved, trust me. ;)

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I've had the same situation last night on my first flight, started from a cold and dark, didn't turn on the VHF+Mic and I had to manually change frequencies as Otto wouldn't do it. You can do this any time during the flight and give the COMS to Otto and all is solved, trust me. ;)

Well Jacek, I guess there's nothing left for me to do than to trust you huh? :P  I think I will do just that!

Thnx!

Regards,

Randall Snijders

I've not tried a flight yet however I use RC - im astonished at the level of realism in this bird.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I tried it with PFE which also has "an automatic tune in" and it worked perfectly. I used the long startup.

That's because this panel state has the VHF already turned on. ;)

Jacek G.

I had a strange issue with RC today. After decent I was Instructed by ATC to descend to 12,000 feet in 30 miles or less and then I never heard anything back from them. Nothing no7 key to reply. ATC just went silent but kept running. I have yet to investigate further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg