Sign in to follow this  
buspelle

PMDG T7 and fps?

Thinking of getting this long awaited lovley bird from PMDG, but I just like to know what You people say about the fps, is it to compare with the NGX? better or "worse"

what do You say?

Best Regards

Per S.

If you are concerned about fps, then you might want to think about updating your computer system.  Not every person has the same system.  I have a high powered system and I get fps well into the 70's and between 30-40 fps in the vc.  Someone with a lessor system would have lower fps.  I have both aircraft and get about the same fps, maybe a tiny bit better with the 777.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The PMDG 777 is lovely, and the fps are a  better on my computer, when compared to the 737 . It's amazing how they did this big high performance bird with minimal frame impact. Very nice.

All things considered, performance is about the same as hte NGX for me.

You just need to configure things correctly (like the refresh rates of the displays etc).

The real question for me is, how does PMDG T7  fps compare with CS777

currently gettiing lower 20's fps with CS 777 locked at 30, its the worst fps a/c in my hanger, and probs the last CS product i am buying. Only purchased cause i like CS cabin views, and put up with crappy systems, but cs777 still has no vc and cabin views on same plane, so no use to me.

I have just installed the T7, and sitting in the VC, I found it very smooth. If I go from spot view to VC, the VC loads quicker than the NGX, if you know what I mean, Very impressed so far with performance.

The real question for me is, how does PMDG T7  fps compare with CS777

currently gettiing lower 20's fps with CS 777 locked at 30, its the worst fps a/c in my hanger, and probs the last CS product i am buying. Only purchased cause i like CS cabin views, and put up with crappy systems, but cs777 still has no vc and cabin views on same plane, so no use to me.

Beats the CS performance hands down. I have removed it totally from my system, and will never see the light of day.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I just installed the T7 and noticed it has the same active mouse pointer problem (in VC mode) as the 737. Otherwise, I'm seeing 28 FPS on average. Active mouse pointer drops them down to 20 and 24...worse than the 737. Outside view is a solid 30.

I find it heavier on the frames than the 737, although as Dave said you can tweak the FPS rate on the displays which has helped me a bit. I'm afraid I've become rather spoilt by the Q400, which I can pretty much fly anywhere in any scenario with little regard for frames. A bit of tweaking is probably the key with the 777.

I find it heavier than the NGX as well. This is with max settings. I also get occasional pauses/stutters that I don't get with the NGX.

supporter.jpg