Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Throtle Quad Issue: Buttons Work, Axes Don't Work

Hi,

I decided to give X-plane 10 another shot. This is a fresh install, I've been able to calibrate and use my yoke (PFC - Column Yoke). But it does not recognize my throttle quad (VRAC) axes (Pitch Trim, Speed Brake, Throttle 1 & 2, Flaps), but it sees and I can use the buttons on the throttle quad (A/T Disengage, TO/GA, Parking Brake, Stab Trim L&R and Fuel Cutoff L&R).

Any ideas on how to get the axes working?, does it have to be controlled by thid party software?.

Thanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Mike,

I do not use PFC, but use the Saitek quadrants (two - side by side).  They work better and are easier to assign than in FSX.  Make sure that you assign them to the proper function by going into joystick settings, choosing the first tab (can't remember the title - at work) and moving the axis and observing which one moves and assigning that function in the drop-down on the left side of that slider indicator.

If you have already done this, I am sorry to have given you known information, but it sounds like this might be the problem.

John

John Wingold

Hi John,

That's just it. None of my axes move on the VRAC Throttle Quad while inside X-Plane 10 Global. They move just fine from within Windows 7 64 bit, I'm also able to calibrate the hardware. I have access to all buttons and rocker switches. Just no movement with the axes on the throttle quad nor the ability to assign them from within X-Plane 10 global. My PFC Column yoke works just fine.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

Well, I given up. Re-installed P3D. The VRAC throttle quad Axis just don't work with X-plane and I'm not going to have a $1,200.00 piece of hardware sitting around doing nothing.

Thanks anyway

Mike,

I'm sorry to hear this as I know you will enjoy X-Plane.  Just a suggestion - The Saitek quadrants work well and are much less expensive - about $45 apiece.  They just plug into your USB and just plain long work.  The one that I got with the yoke and plugs into the yoke ports did not work.  Didn't work with FSX or P3D either.  Don't know whether it was the quadrant or the yoke, but I bit the bullet and got the second USB one and they work great.  Funny, but they don't work well with FSX or P3D - seems that the controls in those programs are all over the place.  The Saitek ones even have switches at the bottom of the travel area (not the buttons on the base of the quadrant) which kick in the reverse features of the planes with those capabilities.

John

John Wingold