Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Which KingAir 200 is the best for FSX?

Aren't there 2 King Air 200's out there?  Carenado and Flight 1?  Please advise.

Stan

F1 is mostly better. Just depends if you want glass or partial glass+steam

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

F1 is mostly better. Just depends if you want glass or partial glass+steam

Thank you. That one is more expensive, but probably worth it.

Stan

I prefer the Carenado.  The Flight1 felt a bit sterile.  The Carenado has more pizazz and was funner to fly...and I prefer steam gauges.  The Carenado felt like a BMW and the Flight1 felt like a Toyota.  The Toyota is great at everything but lacks that synergistic effect, the I gotta have it effect. The BMW excites.  The Carenado excites me more than the Flight1.  These are all IMO.  

on the fence on this one... but the milviz ka-350i looks like a sure winner when it's released.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

I prefer the Carenado.  The Flight1 felt a bit sterile.  The Carenado has more pizazz and was funner to fly...and I prefer steam gauges.  The Carenado felt like a BMW and the Flight1 felt like a Toyota.  The Toyota is great at everything but lacks that synergistic effect, the I gotta have it effect. The BMW excites.  The Carenado excites me more than the Flight1.  These are all IMO.  

Six weeks ago, I took delivery of my fifth BMW.  I've been driving them for twelve or thirteen years now, and I feel like I know BMW pretty well.  Before that, I owned a succession of Japanese cars, so I'm not unfamiliar with them.  Not even remotely.  What keeps me coming back...what keeps most BMW owners coming back to BMW is the quality of their products, and the quality of their service.  

Now, when you compare quality of service between these two companies, one of them consistently comes up short, while the other backs its products with ongoing and regular updates, sometimes just to add a widely-requested feature for free.  On that score, at least, you have the comparison reversed.

Of course, there will always be a Toyota owner out there who thinks their precious little Prius has more pizzazz than my 535i GT, and quite frankly, I don't care if they do.  I think it's cute, because clearly, those people have NO IDEA what they're talking about.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

F1 has a 30 day policy... Try it first. I think you'll keep it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You can get the Carenado B200 via F1 too.  Try both, compare them, and pick the one you like and return the other...or both if neither suit you.  Personally I would go with the F1 as good systems depth is important to me.

Wow Phil...Just Wow!! It is hard to believe that you feel that way but I have to wonder how deep you got into flying the F1 B200. For those of you who may be on the fence, please do buy and try the F1 model. You owe it to yourself and if you don't like it they give your money back.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I have them both, and if you are serious about Flight simming go with Flight1, but if you are more of a gamer you'll probably be happy with Carenado.

Two difference planes for two completely different markets....

Cheers

Martin

The F1 King Air!

It offers s superb rendition of the G1000, great flightdynamics and engine systems.

It also offers features like icing and even requires some maintenance from time to time (it is optional though - You can turn it off, if You want to, but i love it - feels more realistic)

I can just highly recommend this great bird!

There are some issues with clickspots though - this "mysterious newest FSX bug" was also reported in conjunction with A2A's latest C172 - but as A2A, so is F1 really working hard to get it all ironed out.

The latest version - which You will get if You download the F1 B200 now - seems to already work smoothly for most users.

I never had any issues at all, so i can not make any personal comments regarding this issue.

But even if i take a look at the documentation and the great support for the B200 at the F1 forums - i can just say it again:

The F1 B200 is the best available KingAir out there at the moment for FSX - just my opinion, but that it is.

It takes some time to get into it, but honestly spoken - i do not expect to get a Turboprop into the air by clicking Ctrl+E ... although even that can be done with F1 B200 - but then again - it's optional, for those lazy days of simming so to speak :wink:

And as pointed out above - there is a 30days refund at F1, so You can try before buy.

I kept it - and i really enjoy this Flight1 B200 very, very much!

Only my 2 cents here though.

Cheers, Christoph

Flight1 King Air is by far the best. Carenado King looks pretty, but its far from complex. I seem to think that that has to do with how fast Carenado is pumping out planes over there. Seems like ever month something new comes out. 

Aeroworx King was great, but I feel it's time has come and gone. 

I bought the Carenado King Air a few weeks ago without really researching and without actually realising there was a Flight 1 version available too (I actually thought that the only one on sale on the Flight 1 site was the Aeroworx version which I had on FS9 and which was very good but quite FPS intensive on my old system). Having purchased the Carenado King Air for FSX, I have found that this also seems be have a big FPS effect on my new system, much more so for some reason than most of my other Carenado addons which usually run comfortably at my max of 30fps. Just wondered if anyone else had noticed this downside of the Carenado version?

Bill

The fact that I have never been able to complete a flight with the Flight1 model due to fatal errors, G1000 shutdowns, etc. and other flight ending errors probably influenced my opinion...they tried to help on support forum but I gave up on it after going 0 for 10.  It's a great product I'm sure just wasn't meant to be for me I guess.